Even John Heald feels the pain of Galveston Transportation

sbnuggie

If he is so important,

I am supprised he didn't have someone picking him up.

OR better research done on transportation,

by him or his staff back at office.

Someone screwed up somewhere .... him, his staff, or service!

Nothing is perfect. Things happen.

Maybe he had a bad attitude at airport.

Attitude is difference between agony and an adventure.

His face in blog reflects his agony and probable attitude and personality.:rolleyes:

Its like the Boss on new TV show,

where he goes under cover and learns something to help the business versa blasting everything from up above in his big office.

He could turn this into a positive for Carnival maybe in some way. Thats who he works for.

For example

Maybe they, Carnival, need, a better handle on transportation somehow to cater to their cruisers. And other things?

I meet him at the commercial shooting and complained how Carnival handled the Ike hurricane on Conquest and dumping us in New Orleans. He said he would have someone call me on Monday ... no one did. Im not a fan. He is no one special in my book. I cant for the life of me figure out why so many kiss up to people like him.

• 1 year later...

I have cruised with John a few times. He is a very nice guy. He probably is disgusted. He is the third person who gave a bad review on Elegance Limo. To be almost 2 hours last is crazy. I for one don't want to wait 2 hours for a limo and sit next to people that stink. That is why we make appointments.I am not going to spend money in a junkey old van . I am sorry but I thought the shuttles were going to be easy after the nitemare for car rentals. Maybe we are too spoiled in the cruises for Florida. They cater to the people who spend a lot of money there before and after the cruises. I was looking forward to Magic but after the problems I really am sorry I didn't stay our butts in Florida.

To the person who said something smart about RC. I cruised with them once. I hated it. Not impressed at all. It was a newer ship. So many drunks that I thought I was on Spring Break. What happened to Texans being friendly.? I have met a few really rude people in here. I have met half a dozen really nice people. Not sure if they live there or not.

Attitude is everything. We live here, treat people the way we would like to be treated and go with the flow.

There are some very good limo and van rentals from Galveston for airport pick up and departure. You just chose a bad one. We had a bad transportation experience in Orlando, but that will not keep us from going back.

Sorry you didn't like RCCL, we love it. But then everyone has an opinion and are entitled to it. Just don't blame an entire company on a few bad apples. That's life.

I meet him at the commercial shooting and complained how Carnival handled the Ike hurricane on Conquest and dumping us in New Orleans. He said he would have someone call me on Monday ... no one did. Im not a fan. He is no one special in my book. I cant for the life of me figure out why so many kiss up to people like him.

In case you forgot you were not "dumped in New Orleans" after hurricane Ike. The port of Galveston was closed after Ike. So where was the Conquest supposed to go?

I meet him at the commercial shooting and complained how Carnival handled the Ike hurricane on Conquest and dumping us in New Orleans.

As two major ports were shut down to ALL shipping, did you just want to cruise until the port was rebuilt:confused:

We had nothing left in Galveston - where did you want to go?

I have cruised with John a few times. He is a very nice guy. He probably is disgusted. He is the third person who gave a bad review on Elegance Limo. To be almost 2 hours last is crazy. I for one don't want to wait 2 hours for a limo and sit next to people that stink. That is why we make appointments.I am not going to spend money in a junkey old van . I am sorry but I thought the shuttles were going to be easy after the nitemare for car rentals. Maybe we are too spoiled in the cruises for Florida. They cater to the people who spend a lot of money there before and after the cruises. I was looking forward to Magic but after the problems I really am sorry I didn't stay our butts in Florida.

To the person who said something smart about RC. I cruised with them once. I hated it. Not impressed at all. It was a newer ship. So many drunks that I thought I was on Spring Break. What happened to Texans being friendly.? I have met a few really rude people in here. I have met half a dozen really nice people. Not sure if they live there or not.

:rolleyes: How did you remember this thread.... it is in excess of a year old!

You must have it in for something or someone!:confused:

You're issues were not with the Port of Galveston,

not a City of Galveston, not a City of Houston.

It was a with private enterprise and another person!!!

It can happen any where in the world.

Expect it every now and then, when you travel!

In January 2011 we cruised out of Port Canaveral with a private enterprise problem!!!

We flew into Orlando Florida, and it took 3 hours or more to get to cruise ship in Port Canaveral from Orlando!!!!!!

It was bad transportation experience with a private enterprise problem!!!

We and everyone on ship had a terrible problem..... getting off the ship in Ft Lauderdale and missed out flight at noon!!!!! How was that??????????

We had a terrible problem with Federal secuity and immigration in Miami!!!!!!

It would not keep us from going back to Orlando, Port Canaveral, Miami or Ft Lauderdale on a cruise out of any of those ports,

eventhough we live in Galveston!

Those problems had nothing to do with RCCL or Carnival!!!!!!!

But then everyone has an opinion and you are entitled to it.

BUT!

Just try to keep a straight open mind ....with real facts....on where the blame really is. #$%^&*happens!!!

Also attitude can be a difference between agony and an adventure.

Our trips were wonderful in Florida,:D

and we have had wonderful trips in Galveston!:D

In case you forgot you were not "dumped in New Orleans" after hurricane Ike. The port of Galveston was closed after Ike. So where was the Conquest supposed to go?

wow Terry, you replied to my year old post. I still feel I was dumped. Havent changed my mind. You can call it what you want...we were told to get off the ship and go thru customs.

wow Terry, you replied to my year old post. I still feel I was dumped. Havent changed my mind. You can call it what you want...we were told to get off the ship and go thru customs.

Sounds like you were dumped pragmatically!

Sure sounds like it could have been handled better though.

But, but, but?

Then what do you do in these situations?

Wildfires, mudslides, hurricanes, freezes, storms, volcanic ashes across the world, snow, earthquakes, floods, wind shears, tsunami’s, high winds.

Your home now and alive. Be thankful you had alternatives!!!

I would not like to be in Japan right now!!!!!!:eek:

My daughter is experiencing the wild fires in West Texas right now.

I am praying for their safety!:eek:

We were evacuees from Ike and lost just about everything, but a shell of our home. My family lost 31 relatives in 1900 Galveston Storm.

My family lost a home in 1961 Carla Hurricane in Palacios.

What do people do, who are victims of Mother Nature and her extended effects?

Be thankful and pray for those who have it worse off than you, and try to help everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

You were inconvenienced and had losses and good reasons to be angry, but there were a lot more people that had it worse off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you were dumped pragmatically!

Sure sounds like it could have been handled better though.

But, but, but?

Then what do you do in these situations?

Wildfires, mudslides, hurricanes, freezes, storms, volcanic ashes across the world, snow, earthquakes, floods, wind shears, tsunami’s, high winds.

Your home now and alive. Be thankful you had alternatives!!!

I would not like to be in Japan right now!!!!!!:eek:

My daughter is experiencing the wild fires in West Texas right now.

I am praying for their safety!:eek:

We were evacuees from Ike and lost just about everything, but a shell of our home. My family lost 31 relatives in 1900 Galveston Storm.

My family lost a home in 1961 Carla Hurricane in Palacios.

What do people do, who are victims of Mother Nature and her extended effects?

Be thankful and pray for those who have it worse off than you, and try to help everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

You were inconvenienced and had losses and good reasons to be angry, but there were a lot more people that had it worse off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree.

Hey, let me remind you that the post you all are dredging up was how I felt a year ago... well to be honest. I used to be a Carnival cheerleader, but now I prefer RCL because of how this was handled.

RCL could have been just as bad, but they have always treated me well so far, knock on wood.

I dont think the issue is if people experienced worse. I lived in S. FL ....so if I bring up stories about how my friends husband died because of a hurricane that negates how Carnival handled customer service poorly.. I really hate how people throw it in my face and tell me I dont have a right to think Carnival handled it poorly. Take off the cheerleder pom poms folks. ... again remember the post is a year old and at the time I debated ever cruising on Carnival again. I am less upset but still think they are not as good as I used to think they were. My decision ... so quit the sermons.

Archived