For $89 which would you book?

steelcity5044

Wow, even paying double that for the W is a good deal!!! Go for it!!! It's not far from the port and is awesome! Be aware that parking is $30/night, but there is no resort fee.

Thanks for the information on the resort fee !! :)

The W it is.

The date is 5/15 and I was able to book at this price thru Hotwire. Just hit it lucky on the offerings that day ! :)

Wow! Cool! Thanks for posting this. I'll have to find a weekend I can get away, and check Hotwire. The best price we ever got through Starwood was $143/night and that was a great deal.

The W has been coming up on Priceline for $89. Just got three nights at $89 each when the lowest rate available for my dates in June was $449 a night (AAA). It is a great hotel. Stayed there in January for a long weekend and will be there again this weekend for a one-night pre-cruise stay.

I didn't get an $89 rate but am thrilled with the $114 we're paying in September. Also booked through Hotwire.

For those who have stayed at the W where did you choose to eat?

We ordered room service one night but since we had a rental car, we just went to several different places around the area. Up in Pompano Beach, there was a great restaurant right near the beach but I cannot remember the name of it. Had lots of televisions around the bar, which was open air. The room service from the W was very good too.

We ordered room service one night but since we had a rental car, we just went to several different places around the area. Up in Pompano Beach, there was a great restaurant right near the beach but I cannot remember the name of it. Had lots of televisions around the bar, which was open air. The room service from the W was very good too.

We won't have a car so will either check out some places nearby or eat at Steak 954 - my guess is it's quite pricy - always worry about a place that doesn't show prices on their online menu!!:rolleyes:

We won't have a car so will either check out some places nearby or eat at Steak 954 - my guess is it's quite pricy - always worry about a place that doesn't show prices on their online menu!!:rolleyes:

954 is very popular among the locals. It is expensive though. All of the hotel restaurants in the area are expensive. A martini at the hotel will run you about $15. Lunch for 2 with soft drinks is about $40 at the pool. Check out Casablanca Cafe for a memorable dinner; it's nice but more moderate and is in the coolest setting at the beach with live entertainment (not loud) in the piano bar. It's only about a 4 block walk south, just past the Westin. We also enjoy lunch at the French bakery at the Hilton next door.

954 is very popular among the locals. It is expensive though. All of the hotel restaurants in the area are expensive. A martini at the hotel will run you about $15. Lunch for 2 with soft drinks is about $40 at the pool. Check out Casablanca Cafe for a memorable dinner; it's nice but more moderate and is in the coolest setting at the beach with live entertainment (not loud) in the piano bar. It's only about a 4 block walk south, just past the Westin. We also enjoy lunch at the French bakery at the Hilton next door.

Thanks for the advice!

I'd love to get a great price at the W!!! We will be in FLL for two days at the end of July. Their website prices are sky high!

I'm new to Priceline/Hotwire...........

Any advice out there for me???

Tell us what your dates are and we can look at Hotwire. The W is currently showing 8 icons - oceanside, gym, pool, restaurant, business ctr, laundry, high speed internet and spa.

I have the opportunity to book either the Hyatt FLL North of the W FLL Beach for $89. Which would you choose and why?

Was just wondering....I thought you had no way of knowing what hotel you're bidding on, yet you have the names. Can you let me know how this works? I've never booked thru Hotwire....Thanks!!!

Was just wondering....I thought you had no way of knowing what hotel you're bidding on, yet you have the names. Can you let me know how this works? I've never booked thru Hotwire....Thanks!!!

Hotwire shows area/zone, cost, stars, and amenities, but no names. If you look on betterbidding and biddingfortravel, they have lists of the names, zones and star ratings of hotels that people have won, along with the amenities that Hotwire lists for each.

Archived