2011 Itinerararies

Jade13

[quote name='Jade13']I am not seeing it and also looking at the V3 Verandah for 081711. I don't see a $1,000 off of a brochure price and than half. It still would be another $500.00 off. When you go through the booking isn't it still $4,449.00pp (plus tax)?[/QUOTE]

Yes...$4449. plus tax when you price it on Azamara's booking tool.

I get the same result looking at the the brochure rate on the pdf file.
It's $9898. pp, less $1000 = $8898. divided by 2 = $4449.

[quote name='Cruise Junky']Really disappointed in this one, and it looks like it's the same ports coming back? what were they thinking?? Oceania's 24 day Amazon cruise puts this one to shame.[/quote]

Cruise Junky [and hello to beautiful Vancouver]

I think, from memory, the return cruise stops at Devil's Island, but as you say, it is basically the same cruise backwards. My husband and I spent a long time yesterday reviewing the cruise again. We really would like the Amazon and loved our first cruise on Quest but this is not the itinerary for us. Why not Rio to Manus to Rio. We found cruises with other lines that go up and down the Amazon making different stops in each direction.

Sue

[quote name='Project_gal']I think, from memory, the return cruise stops at Devil's Island, but as you say, it is basically the same cruise backwards. My husband and I spent a long time yesterday reviewing the cruise again. We really would like the Amazon and loved our first cruise on Quest but this is not the itinerary for us. Why not Rio to Manus to Rio. We found cruises with other lines that go up and down the Amazon making different stops in each direction.[/quote]

I intend to board in Lisbon on October 15 and then stay on (b2b) until Manaus. That makes a very interesting itinerary for me (I know others might feel different). Another interesting combination is the Rio Carnival cruise with the repositioning back to the Caribbean.

Best,
Floris

[quote name='florisdekort']I intend to board in Lisbon on October 15 and then stay on (b2b) until Manaus. That makes a very interesting itinerary for me (I know others might feel different). Another interesting combination is the Rio Carnival cruise with the repositioning back to the Caribbean.

Best,
Floris[/quote]

Floris

Now I can see how that makes it a much better proposition. We just appreciate out space too much to be able to afford that! Have a great cruise.

Sue

Jade,

Did my explanation make sense to you ... I hope it wasn't 'clear as mud'. :)

Yes, got it, finally.

But again, who would pay $10,000.00pp for a regular Verandah on Journey for 12 nights?

I see the brochure rate is over $20Kpp to get our same accommodations that we just had on Quest and that was a 14 night cruise.

But again, who would pay $10,000.00pp for a regular Verandah on Journey for 12 nights?

I agree, and wonder how they come up with this pricing:confused: I envision the powers that be sitting around the board room table setting prices. They arrive at a sensible price (the one we get thru the booking process), then someone suggests doubling it for the brochure to make the 'sale' price look fantastic, and then someone else wants to top that suggestion by adding another $1000. to the brochure price for extra effect on the 'sale' price. And there you have the ridiculous formula of brochure price - $1000 / 2. :rolleyes:

With all you folks' explanations, I now understand how "creative advertising" has caused this confusion. Anyway, calling Azamara now will only yield the same answer. With low booking rate (as in the case of the July, 2010 voyage), we hope the "balcony for the price of window" will be repeated for the August, 2011 voyage.

P.S. As is, $4,449 / 12 days = $371 per diem. Oceania has a similar voyage, Copenhagen - Iceland - London in July, 2011 on Marina for $6,799 basic balcony. They give back $835 for air credit, for 14 days, so this comes to ($6799-835)/14 = $426 per diem sans air. If one just wants to see the Norwegian Coast, Iceland and Copenhagen, and disregards the difference in length, a couple can save 2 x ($5964-4449) = $3,030 which is substantial, particularly when money is tight! IF the window price for balcony comes through and lowers the fare to $3,649, that will be nice.

meow,

I wonder if you should not book an inside cabin and then move to a balcony if the promotion comes along (hopefully). I think inside cabins may book first and therefore they may then offer balconies at same price to fill the balconies.

Just a thought:).

If promotion won't happen, you can move to balcony (if you wish) or save some money by staying in inside cabin.

Paulchili: Thanks for the kind suggestion. Last year, they had the "windows for balcony", not "inside for balcony", so to get balcony, the minimum one needs to book is window!

Sorry about that - I did mean windows (that makes more sense).

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

With all you folks' explanations, I now understand how "creative advertising" has caused this confusion. Anyway, calling Azamara now will only yield the same answer. With low booking rate (as in the case of the July, 2010 voyage), we hope the "balcony for the price of window" will be repeated for the August, 2011 voyage.

P.S. As is, $4,449 / 12 days = $371 per diem. Oceania has a similar voyage, Copenhagen - Iceland - London in July, 2011 on Marina for $6,799 basic balcony. They give back $835 for air credit, for 14 days, so this comes to ($6799-835)/14 = $426 per diem sans air. If one just wants to see the Norwegian Coast, Iceland and Copenhagen, and disregards the difference in length, a couple can save 2 x ($5964-4449) = $3,030 which is substantial, particularly when money is tight! IF the window price for balcony comes through and lowers the fare to $3,649, that will be nice.

This is the Oceana Itinerary. It is actually better than Azamara if one is looking for ports although only 2 days in Iceland. I am trying to figure out how Azamara ends up with something like 4 sea days (which my DH does like). It would have been interesting if Azamara added Belfast.

Jul 01 Copenhagen 6:00 p.m.

Jul 02 Kristiansand9:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.

Jul 03 Bergen 8:00 a.m.8:00 p.m.

Jul 04 Flaam (Sognefjord) 8:00 a.m.12:00 p.m.

Gudvangen (Sognefjorden) 2:00 p.m.7:00 p.m.

Jul 05 Lerwick (Shetland Islands) 12:00 p.m.6:00 p.m.

Jul 06 Torshavn 9:00 a.m.6:00 p.m.

Jul 07 Cruising the Atlantic Ocean

Jul 08 Isafjordur 8:00 a.m.6:00 p.m.

Jul 09 Reykjavik 8:00 a.m.6:00 p.m.

Jul 10 Cruising the Atlantic Ocean

Jul 11 Portree 10:00 a.m.7:00 p.m.

Jul 12 Belfast 8:00 a.m.6:00 p.m.

Jul 13 Dublin 8:00 a.m.6:00 p.m.

Jul 14 Cruising the English Channel

July 15 London (Dover) 5:00 a.m.

Archived