2011 Itinerararies

Jade13

[quote name='suec12']Well for me, a 7 day European cruise works - I like having two three days at both ends for a land vacation - as much as I like being on a lovely ship, I think you do loose some of the european ambiance. This year we fly into Rome, go to Capri for 3 nights, then head to Civit. to take a 7 night cruise that ends in Barcelona where we will stay 2 extra nights. For those of us limited by two week vacations, I like having the option of a 7 night cruise on a NICE (not Costa etc.) ship. As far as b2b, isn't there usually a discount?[/quote]

7 nights could work for us as an additional yearly vacation, but not at these prices. On Celebrity Century we can get a Verandah for 4 or 5 nights for approx. $599.00pp or an Inside for approx. $289.00pp. On the Verandahs one can always find a TA who will cover the gratuities. Ok, it is a larger ship, but still. Look at the prices.

[quote name='meow!']Very sensible, unless of course, you add a week or ten days of "land portion" on your own and make your trip a land-sea "combo tour"![/quote]

Which I would gladly do in the Seychelles for 7 nights and add an African Safari land vacation.

[quote name='meow!']Very sensible, unless of course, you add a week or ten days of "land portion" on your own and make your trip a land-sea "combo tour"![/quote]

Yes, you certainly can do that. Having done a lot of land trips over the years (hotels, cars, trains, flights, etc), I now want to unpack once and stay that way for at least 2 weeks, if possible. Adding extra days in arrival/departure cities is not much additional hassle and is well worth it, IMO.

Here is the announcement

Azamara Club Cruises' Brand Promise Reflected in Exotic, Extensive 2011-12 Itinerary Lineup

[B] Miami - (April 02, 2010 ) - [/B] [I]New series includes more overnight stays, late-night stays and first-time ports
[/I]
Azamara Club Cruises unveiled its new tagline, "You'll love where we take you," just three months ago, and today, it announced an itinerary lineup for 2011-12 that vividly reflects that promise. Bookings open today for the new, widely varied series of sailings in 54 countries, including visits to 174 ports. Azamara will offer overnight stays in 38 destinations, representing a 31 percent increase over the line's prior lineup, and late-night (10 pm or later) stays in 63 locations in 2011-12, tripling that of the year prior. "Azamara Club Cruises is built around four key pillars: extraordinary service, cuisine and wines of the world, wellness and vitality, and destination immersion," said Azamara's President & CEO Larry Pimentel. "But what distinguishes our brand most is our ability to deliver the destination, and our new itineraries were precisely built around that commitment."

[B][U]Enticing European, South American and Caribbean Journeys[/U][/B]
After embarking on a 14-night transatlantic voyage from Miami on April 4, 2011, the 694-guest Azamara Journey will offer a series of seven-night Mediterranean voyages through early July from a variety of convenient departure ports, including Rome, Venice, Athens, Barcelona, Nice, and Lisbon. Each sailing was carefully crafted to allow cruisers interested in a lengthier vacation to combine two or more, seven-night itineraries back-to-back, with very few, if any, repeat ports depending on the segments combined. Among the overnight destinations are Corfu, Greece; Sorrento, Italy; Monte Carlo, Monaco; Provence (Marseilles), France; St. Tropez, France; Ibiza and Seville, Spain, and Lisbon, Portugal.

Highlighting this series of Spring Mediterranean voyages will be a four-night Monaco Grand Prix sailing from Nice on May 26, 2011, including a visit to Monte Carlo on the day of the famed race, as well as stops in popular Portofino, Italy and St. Tropez, France. When combined with the subsequent five-night voyage, guests can sail along the Italian Riviera all the way to Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy. On July 2, 2011, Azamara Journey sets sail on a 12-night Northern Europe Baltic cruise from romantic Paris (Rouen), highlighted by an overnight stay in Copenhagen, Denmark, and St. Petersburg, Russia. The ship then presents a series of seven-night Scandinavia/Russia Baltic voyages from Stockholm, Sweden, with an overnight stay there, and two consecutive overnight stays in St. Petersburg. The stunning beauty of the Norwegian Fjords will highlight [I]Azamara Journey's[/I] 10-night voyage from Copenhagen August 7, 2011, with visits to a full seven destinations in Norway.

Copenhagen once again will be the departure port for [I]Azamara Journey's[/I] 12-night voyage departing August 17, 2011, with visits in Norway, Scotland, the Faroe Islands, and Akureyri, Iceland, along with an overnight stay in Reykjavik. It's off to Ireland on August 29, 2011, when Azamara Journey departs on a unique 10-night sailing from Dublin highlighted by visits to Holyhead, Wales; Cork (Cobh), Ireland; Bilbao, where guests can visit the famed Guggenheim Museum; Gijon and Vigo, Spain, featuring the magnificent town of Santiago de Compostella, and overnight stays in Bordeaux, France, and Lisbon, Portugal during the grape harvest season. From Lisbon, [I]Azamara Journey[/I] continues its wine-centric voyages during grape harvest season with a nine-night Mediterranean itinerary featuring an overnight stay in Seville (Cadiz), Spain, and visits to Granada (Motril) and Barcelona; Provence (Marseilles), Sanary-Sur-Mer, St. Tropez and Nice, France, where the ship offers two consecutive seven-night sailings to intimate French and Italian destinations, including overnight stays in St. Tropez, Nice, and Monte Carlo, as well as in Portofino, Italy. Two consecutive seven-night sailings follow, from Nice and Barcelona, respectively, concluding in Lisbon, where the ship embarks October 15, 2011, on a relaxing 10-night voyage to San Juan, Puerto Rico.

On October 25, 2011, [I]Azamara Journey[/I] embarks on an entirely new season in South America, beginning with two consecutive 14-night voyages - one each from San Juan and from Manaus, Brazil, with visits to the Grenadines, Barbados, and exotic locations along Brazil's Amazon River.
Exotic West Indies locations larger ships can't reach await guests on [I]Azamara Journey's[/I] five- and seven-night voyages departing San Juan November 22 (Thanksgiving) and 27, 2011, followed by a return to South America.

From December 4, 2011 through March 9, 2012, [I]Azamara Journey[/I] presents a vast array of exciting and exotic itineraries ranging from eight to 16 nights, with the latter highlighted by three consecutive days in the Antarctic Sound, a visit just off Cape Horn, and a stop in the Falkland Islands.

Many of Azamara's South America voyages were designed around popular local events, such as two nights at chic Punta del Este, Uruguay, during the Christmas holiday; viewing New Year's Eve fireworks off the shores of Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, as well as two full days in Rio during its famous Carnaval in February.

Among the overnight stays featured in Azamara Club Cruises' South America lineup in 2011-12 are Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Punta del Este, Uruguay.

The exotic West Indies again welcomes guests on Azamara Journey in March 2012, with a series of three seven-night sailings that round out the ship's new deployment. Among the destinations are Mayreau, Grenadines; St. Lucia; Marigot, St. Martin; Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands; and an overnight stay in Gustavia, St. Barts. These voyages can be combined into back-to-back 14-night segments allowing guests to explore a new set of hideaway ports each week.

[B][U]A Quest for Exotic Asia[/U][/B]
[I]Azamara Quest[/I] precedes her new 2011-12 itinerary lineup with an 18-night Christmas and New Year's voyage departing Singapore December 21, 2010, complete with three full days in Bangkok (Klong Toey), Thailand, and one overnight stay each in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi (Halong Bay), Vietnam, ending in Hong Kong. Due to its intimate size, Azamara Quest is able to sail up Bangkok's Chao Phraya River close to the many attractions in that fascinating city.

The ship then embarks on a series of 14-night sailings in exotic Asia, to and from Singapore and Hong Kong, each highlighted by overnight stays in either Hong Kong or Singapore, and in Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi, through March 5, 2011. While in the region, guests have the opportunity to participate in an optional trip to the UNESCO Heritage site at Angkor Wat, Cambodia. [I]Azamara Quest[/I] then presents a 12-night voyage from Hong Kong, featuring visits to Xiamen, China; Kagoshima, Nagasaki, and Kyoto (Osaka), Japan, and Busan, South Korea. On March 15, 2011, the ship sets sail on another 12-night voyage from Shanghai, with visits to Qingdao, China, Seoul (Incheon) and Jeju Island, Korea; and overnight stays in both Beijing (Tianjin) and Hong Kong. The ship then presents an encore 14-night sailing from Hong Kong, with overnight stays in Hong Kong, Ho Chi Minh City and Singapore, and two consecutive nights in Bangkok, followed by Azamara's first call on Ko Samui, Thailand.

[I]Azamara Quest[/I] then departs for the line's first-ever sailings in India, with a call on Cochin, and an overnight stay in Bombay (Mumbai).

Dubai awaits guests on [I]Azamara Quest's[/I] April 24, 2011 voyage, beginning with an overnight stay in the upscale destination, followed by several entirely relaxing days and nights at sea, a rare passage through the Suez Canal, and a visit to Alexandria, Egypt, ending in Athens (Piraeus), Greece.

On May 6, 2011, guests sailing on [I]Azamara Quest's[/I] 10-night voyage can enjoy classic Mediterranean destinations by embarking or disembarking in Haifa, Israel, including Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey; Mykonos, Santorini and Rhodes, Greece; Jerusalem (Ashdod), Israel; and an overnight stay in Alexandria, Egypt.

Two consecutive overnight stays each in Jerusalem and Alexandria highlight [I]Azamara Quest's[/I] 10-night sailing departing Haifa, Israel, on May 16, 2011, concluding in Athens.

An exceptional series of seven-night sailings commence May 26, 2011, each expressly designed to offer a rich destination experience, with longer stays in the ports, as well as to allow guests interested in longer sailings to combine them back-to-back with very few, if any, repeat destinations. The series combines the more familiar Greek islands of Corfu, Mykonos and Santorini, as well as Rhodes, where the ship presents an overnight stay, combined with the less-traveled but equally charming ports of Aegina, Chania, Kos, Lesvos (Mitilini) , Nauplion and Paros, Greece.

[I]Azamara Quest's[/I] series of seven-night itineraries also include rare visits to ports in the Black Sea, including Nessebar, Bulgaria, and Ukraine's Odessa, Sevastopol, and Yalta, where the ship docks overnight.

Sicilian ports include Siracusa, Taormina and Trapani; Corsican destinations include Bastia, Bonifacio, Calvi; and among the destinations in France are Provence (Marseilles), charming Sanary-Sur-Mer, and St. Tropez, where the ship remains overnight.

The captivating Croatian destinations offered within [I]Azamara Quest's[/I] series of seven-night sailings include Hvar, Split, Dubrovnik and Korcula, while the rich array of Italian locations include Elba (Portoferraio), Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Portofino, La Spezia, Trieste, and both Venice and Sorrento, where the ship stays overnight. Among the destinations in Turkey are Antalya, Troy (Kepez), captivating Marmaris and Ephesus (Kusadasi).

[I]Azamara Quest[/I] then presents three consecutive 11-night voyages from Athens between October 15 through November 16, 2011, with visits in Greece, Egypt and Israel, highlighted by overnight stays in Alexandria, Jerusalem (Ashdod) and Rhodes. The third in the series also features an exciting passage through the Suez Canal.

Azamara Club Cruises presents an entirely new 10-night Red Sea itinerary from the line's first-time departure port of Suez (Sokhna), Egypt, on November 17, 2011, featuring overnight stays in both Sharm El Sheikh and Safaga, Egypt, along with Aqaba, Jordan, and Eilat, Israel. Guests on this voyage have the opportunity to discover many timeless treasures, including Luxor and St. Catherine's Monastery in Egypt, Masada in Israel, and the fabled Petra and the Wadi Rum Desert in Jordan.
A 14-night voyage follows on November 27, 2011, also from Suez (Sokhna), with an overnight stay in Aqaba, Jordan (for Petra) and the line's first visit to Muscat, Oman, ending in Bombay, India.

From Bombay, [I]Azamara Quest[/I] departs December 11, 2011, on a 12-night voyage featuring calls on Goa (Mormugao), Cochin, Madras (Chennai), India, and Phuket, Thailand, ending in Singapore. While in Chennai, guests can explore the amazing shoreside temples at Mahabalipuram, a UNESCO Heritage Site.

From Singapore, [I]Azamara Quest[/I] presents a exotic and exciting 12-night Christmas and New Year's voyage on December 23, 2011, highlighted by the brand's first-ever visit to the Krakatoa Volcano where, conditions permitting, a landing will be attempted. Additional highlights will include the line's first calls at Semarang, Lombok, Komodo and Benoa Bali, where the ship docks overnight on New Year's Eve. During these calls, guests will have access to a total of four UNESCO Heritage Sites, including a walk to discover the giant lizards at Komodo National Park; the Borobudur Temple complex, the Sangiran Early Man site and the Prambanan Temple site.

[I]Azamara Quest[/I] then embarks on a series of 14-night sailings from Singapore and Hong Kong January 4 through March 14, 2012, with overnight stays in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi and Hong Kong, and two consecutive nights in Bangkok (Klong Toey). Together with a stop in Danang (Hue), these voyages provide a tremendous immersion into the culture, cuisine and traditions of Vietnam.

Rounding out Azamara Club Cruises' new deployment for 2011-12 are two unique voyages onboard Azamara Quest: First, a 12-night sailing departing Shanghai March 14, 2012, with visits to Busan, South Korea; Hiroshima, Kobe and Kagoshima, Japan; and Taipei (Keelung) and Hualien, Taiwan, China, concluding in Hong Kong. Additionally, the line presents a 17-night adventure featuring overnight visits in Manila, Philippines and Benoa, Bali, as well as a visit to the island of Borneo, with access to an orangutan sanctuary, a chance to visit the scenic splendor and villages of Torajaland on the island of Sulawesi, and access to four UNESCO Heritage sites, including Komodo National Park, the Borobudur Temple complex, the Sangiran Early Man site and the Prambanan Temple site, concluding in cosmopolitan Singapore.

Beginning today on [I]Azamara Journey[/I] and April 9 on [I]Azamara Quest[/I], guests sailing on every Azamara Club Cruises voyage will experience the brand's many new, inclusive amenities, including complimentary, vintage red and white wines from boutique vineyards around the world served at lunches and dinners; bottled water, sodas, specialty coffees and teas, whether in public venues or in staterooms and suites; housekeeping, dining and bar staff gratuities; shuttle bus service to and from the port communities, where available; destination-influenced entertainment and enrichment programs; specialty dining in the intimate specialty restaurants, Prime C and Aqualina (complimentary for suite guests; stateroom guests are charged a $15 per person cover); true English butler service in suites; self-service laundry, and concierge services.

Guests who book a new 2011-12 Azamara voyage by December 31, 2010 will receive an additional $1,000 per person savings through the brand's current 2-for-1 fares, based on brochure pricing as shown on [URL="http://media.azamaraclubcruises.com/azamara/content/pdf/2011_12_BrochureRates.pdf"][COLOR=#0067b0]2011/12 Brochure Rates[/COLOR][/URL]. Rates shown on the site's booking tool already reflect the 2-for-1 savings program.

For more information, consumers are invited to call 1-877-999-9553. Travel Professionals are encouraged to dial 1-877-222-2526.

I repeat: these are good & interesting itineraries. And they are focussing the brand on people who like to travel, not cruise. A floating hotel is exactly what is being offered. Celebrity big ship cruisers won't like it and aren't the targeted group. But those who like to see many cities and areas, don't like packing, and who see the value in a traveling hotel with meals, wine and other amenities will be onboard.

[quote name='cruiseyguy']I repeat: these are good & interesting itineraries. And they are focussing the brand on people who like to travel, not cruise. A floating hotel is exactly what is being offered. Celebrity big ship cruisers won't like it and aren't the targeted group. But those who like to see many cities and areas, don't like packing, and who see the value in a traveling hotel with meals, wine and other amenities will be onboard.[/QUOTE]

I could have tried for a week and not written that. It's perfect. Exactly what I wanted to say and to read. Thank you.

[quote name='Jade13']I like the itinerary from Brazil but we can not work with the dates at the end of the year due to DH's work. What I don't like is the 2012 called Brazil to the Carribean (I am trying to figure the difference from what you are looking at). The dates work better but it is not through the Amazon. I really do not want to pay a deposit for a cruise two years away but perhaps they will tweek the 2012 itinerary before than. Still, the ideal would be from/to Miami to the Amazon in 14 nights.

Also, if you start in Brazil you could spend extra time there, not in the Caribbean.

It is interesting. What these posts are showing me is that people are not looking at 7 night itineraries. The past guests want the longer trips. Azamara is assuming that many people will not have a problem with btb's, but we do.[/quote]

Jim

I have to agree that two 7-day cruises b2b is not the same as a 14-day cruise, even if the itineraries are completely different. IMHO they have ruined the 24-day Singapore to Athens by making it two 12-day cruises. On a small ship, the build of community over a long cruise is one of the joys.

I appreciate that the US market tends to have shorter vacations than the European but the cost of air fare [let alone the hassel of flying] for most of Azamara cruises surely makes a 7-day cruise less viable than a longer one.

Sue

[quote name='almostnewtocruise'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Sue[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Actually you still can sail "up the Thames" [I]this [/I]year - starting May, 23. [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]This is going to be our next cruise .. and I am soooo looking forward to it![/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]As to [I]why[/I] they changed this itinerary... Maybe they have had problems with selling it (cabins still available in every category and just 8 of us registered for the M&M party!)..[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Miriam[/FONT][/quote]

Miriam

Yes, I know it is still happening this year but there are a number of reasons why we cannot take it. I shall be going down to London to take my last opportunity to at least look at Journey on the Thames.

I can understand [I]why[/I] it has been discontinued because little of the itinerary appealed to me - basically it was [I]just[/I] the sailing up the Thames. I know London so well, staying there was of little interest to me personally but I can understand the attraction of that for others.

Still, it was an itinerary I would have eventually tried to have taken...

Do have a wonderful cruise and wave if you see a sad and lonely photographer taking pictures

Sue

[quote name='cruiseyguy']I repeat: these are good & interesting itineraries. And they are focussing the brand on people who like to travel, not cruise. [/quote]

So why combine the Caribbean [traditional cruise destination] with the Amazon [for the traveller]?

Sue

I know it's a long way off, but I am really excited about the 2012 cruise through Indonesian waters. I've been to some of the places before during land travels in Indonesia and I just think Borobodur in Java is one of the most amazing sites. I've also always wanted to see Torajaland in Sulawesi so I'm hoping to be able to book this trip.

It's a bit expensive as it's a 17 day trip, but the price in AUD is the same as a HAL Volendam cruise in 2011 which is leaving Sydney and sailing to Singapore via a couple of stops in Indonesia. It's also a 17 day cruise but Azamara's itinerary is much better.

I can understand the disappointment with 7 day cruises as it IS too far(and too expensive) to travel to Europe for a 7 day cruise.

I just hope the price on this Indonesia cruise heads south between now and 2012. ;)

[quote name='cruiseyguy']I repeat: these are good & interesting itineraries. And they are focussing the brand on people who like to travel, not cruise. A floating hotel is exactly what is being offered. Celebrity big ship cruisers won't like it and aren't the targeted group. But those who like to see many cities and areas, don't like packing, and who see the value in a traveling hotel with meals, wine and other amenities will be onboard.[/quote]

Agreed! And they sure sold me :D With X new itineraries way overdue, and lots of interesting ports on Azamara, I just booked for both 2011 and 2012...

Best Regards,
Floris

[quote name='Jade13'] Guests who book a new 2011-12 Azamara voyage by December 31, 2010 will receive an additional $1,000 per person savings through the brand's current 2-for-1 fares, based on brochure pricing as shown on [URL="http://media.azamaraclubcruises.com/azamara/content/pdf/2011_12_BrochureRates.pdf"][COLOR=#0067b0]2011/12 Brochure Rates[/COLOR][/URL]. Rates shown on the site's booking tool already reflect the 2-for-1 savings program.[/QUOTE]Will someone kindly "interpret" this paragraph for us. In our verbal booking, we were told our fare for a basic balcony was $4449, and that already included the 2 for 1, but they did not mention the $1000 per person savings. We better call Oceania tomorrow to clarify. Doe anybody have any advice?

[quote name='meow!']Will someone kindly "interpret" this paragraph for us. In our verbal booking, we were told our fare for a basic balcony was $4449, and that already included the 2 for 1, but they did not mention the $1000 per person savings. We better call Oceania tomorrow to clarify. Doe anybody have any advice?[/quote]

Good point. This is not written well at all. Is this a V3 category? The $4449.00 is already half (2 for 1), so why state a $1,000pp savings?

Why are you calling Oceania :)

My Baltic Cruise this year includes an overnight (2 full days in Berlin), overnight in Stockholm (2 full days) and 2 overnights in Saint Petersburg (3 full days). This is in line with Larry's declaration of more overnight stays.

In the 2011 itinerary, our current 12 day cruise is now either 7 or 10 depending on the date, and you only get 1 day in Berlin, and 2 in Saint Petersburg except for 1 cruise date that does provide 3 in SPB. One other thing the shorter 7 day cruises of course also include fewer cities. The cost for these cruises is far more than what we paid in July of 2009 for our upcoming cruise.

So I don't see where the new itineraries are necessarily in line with what Larry Pimental promised would happen with the new Azamara.

One other thing the cost of eating in the specialty restaurants is announced as 15 dollars per person, but the web site still advertises 5 dollars. Azamara needs to do a better job updating information on their web site.

Art

[quote name='meow!']Will someone kindly "interpret" this paragraph for us. In our verbal booking, we were told our fare for a basic balcony was $4449, and that already included the 2 for 1, but they did not mention the $1000 per person savings. We better call Oceania tomorrow to clarify. Doe anybody have any advice?[/QUOTE]

Hi Meow !

I really think your best bet, is to call your Travel Agent, or Azamara. I'm sure they can clarify for you. On the other hand, I doubt calling Oceania, will get your question answered :) ... just kidding ! Enjoy your Cruise !

[quote name='Project_gal']florisdekort

I am glad that you have found an itinerary you are happy with but, for us, it was a great disappointment.

Having said that we were unlikely to book Azamara again at the new prices, everything went out of the window when I learned here that they were going to the Amazon. I got straight onto our cruise consultant and he emailed me the itinerary:
[INDENT]The cruise will sail from San Juan Puerto Rico, Gustavia St barts, Roseau Dominica, Mayreau Grenadines, Bridgetown Barbados (overnight), Alter Do Chau Brazil, Boca Da valeria Brazil, Parintins Brazil and finaly Manus Brazil (overnight).
[/INDENT]We were so disappointed. We do not want to spend what looks like a week in the Caribbean on a Amazon cruise. At the new prices, the itinerary does have to be better suited than this. I thought that more people would agree with us and, in future years, Azamara would produce a better itinerary but, florisdekort, you seem to have proved me wrong.

Sue[/quote]

Really disappointed in this one, and it looks like it's the same ports coming back? what were they thinking?? Oceania's 24 day Amazon cruise puts this one to shame.

[quote name='Jade13']Good point. This is not written well at all. Is this a V3 category? The $4449.00 is already half (2 for 1), so why state a $1,000pp savings?

Why are you calling Oceania :)[/QUOTE]Sorry for the confusion, we called Azamara, not Oceania (I just keep thinking of Oceania when I think of R ships!)

I followed your previous posting, for said voyage, from that link, the brochure fare was $9,898 for V3. Half of that would be $4,949. Deduct $1,000 would be $3,949. However, when I called yesterday, the agent quoted me $4,449 as the lowest possible.

I called this morning, another agent told me the $1,000 reduction mentioned was per cabin, not per person. I told her your posting which quoted $1,000 reduction per person, not per cabin, and was told to call back next week for any price disputes. Any comment?

Jade13: Would you kindly show me how to get on the web that long announcement you copied and pasted in your previous posting earlier in this thread. I need to quote it when I call back Azamara on Monday. Thanks.

[quote name='meow!']Jade13: Would you kindly show me how to get on the web that long announcement you copied and pasted in your previous posting earlier in this thread. I need to quote it when I call back Azamara on Monday. Thanks.[/quote]

It is Azamara'a big press release which you can paste into Google and find on many sites.

Azamara in Miami told me with "all of these" the mentioned promotion is already suppose to be on the web site.

However, the wording is poor here. Perhaps they meant that savings start at $1,000.00pp (Assuming a cruise is $2,000.00 in the brochure). It is just very poorly worded and makes no sense when looking at a cruise with an online rate of $4,449.00 (2 for 1) and brochure/rack rate of $8,898.00, Where is the "additional $1,000.00". I was told that I was not the first one to call either. Btw, 3,339.00pp makes more sense to me :)

[URL]http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Azamara-Club-Cruises-Brand-prnews-3854864581.html?x=0&.v=1[/URL]

[B] Azamara Club Cruises' Brand Promise Reflected in Exotic, Extensive 2011-12 Itinerary Lineup[/B]

[B]New series includes more overnight stays, late-night stays and first-time ports
[/B]

[B]Press Release[/B] Source: Azamara Club Cruises On Thursday April 1, 2010, 2:47 pm EDT
MIAMI, April 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Azamara Club Cruises unveiled its new tagline, "You'll love where we take you," just three months ago, and today, it announced an itinerary lineup for 2011-12 that vividly reflects that promise. Bookings open today for the new, widely varied series of sailings in 54 countries, including visits to 174 ports. Azamara will offer overnight stays in 38 destinations, representing a 31 percent increase over the line's prior lineup, and late-night (10 pm or later) stays in 63 locations in 2011-12, tripling that of the year prior.
"Azamara Club Cruises is built around four key pillars: extraordinary service, cuisine and wines of the world, wellness and vitality, and destination immersion," said Azamara's President & CEO Larry Pimentel. "But what distinguishes our brand most is our ability to deliver the destination, and our new itineraries were precisely built around that commitment."
[U][B]Enticing European, South American and Caribbean Journeys[/B][/U]
After embarking on a 14-night transatlantic voyage from Miami on April 4, 2011, the 694-guest [I]Azamara Journey[/I] will offer a series of seven-night Mediterranean voyages through early July from a variety of convenient departure ports, including Rome, Venice, Athens, Barcelona, Nice, and Lisbon. Each sailing was carefully crafted to allow cruisers interested in a lengthier vacation to combine two or more, seven-night itineraries back-to-back, with very few, if any, repeat ports depending on the segments combined. Among the overnight destinations are Corfu, Greece; Sorrento, Italy; Monte Carlo, Monaco; Provence (Marseilles), France; St. Tropez, France; Ibiza and Seville, Spain, and Lisbon, Portugal.
Highlighting this series of Spring Mediterranean voyages will be a four-night Monaco Grand Prix sailing from Nice on May 26, 2011, including a visit to Monte Carlo on the day of the famed race, as well as stops in popular Portofino, Italy and St. Tropez, France. When combined with the subsequent five-night voyage, guests can sail along the Italian Riviera all the way to Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy.
On July 2, 2011, [I]Azamara Journey[/I] sets sail on a 12-night Northern Europe Baltic cruise from romantic Paris (Rouen), highlighted by an overnight stay in Copenhagen, Denmark, and St. Petersburg, Russia. The ship then presents a series of seven-night Scandinavia/Russia Baltic voyages from Stockholm, Sweden, with an overnight stay there, and two consecutive overnight stays in St. Petersburg.
The stunning beauty of the Norwegian Fjords will highlight [I]Azamara Journey's[/I] 10-night voyage from Copenhagen August 7, 2011, with visits to a full seven destinations in Norway.
Copenhagen once again will be the departure port for [I]Azamara Journey's[/I] 12-night voyage departing August 17, 2011, with visits in Norway, Scotland, the Faroe Islands, and Akureyri, Iceland, along with an overnight stay in Reykjavik.
It's off to Ireland on August 29, 2011, when [I]Azamara Journey[/I] departs on a unique 10-night sailing from Dublin highlighted by visits to Holyhead, Wales; Cork (Cobh), Ireland; Bilbao, where guests can visit the famed Guggenheim Museum; Gijon and Vigo, Spain, featuring the magnificent town of Santiago de Compostella, and overnight stays in Bordeaux, France, and Lisbon, Portugal during the grape harvest season.
From Lisbon, [I]Azamara Journey[/I] continues its wine-centric voyages during grape harvest season with a nine-night Mediterranean itinerary featuring an overnight stay in Seville (Cadiz), Spain, and visits to Granada (Motril) and Barcelona; Provence (Marseilles), Sanary-Sur-Mer, St. Tropez and Nice, France, where the ship offers two consecutive seven-night sailings to intimate French and Italian destinations, including overnight stays in St. Tropez, Nice, and Monte Carlo, as well as in Portofino, Italy. Two consecutive seven-night sailings follow, from Nice and Barcelona, respectively, concluding in Lisbon, where the ship embarks October 15, 2011, on a relaxing 10-night voyage to San Juan, Puerto Rico.
On October 25, 2011, [I]Azamara Journey[/I] embarks on an entirely new season in South America, beginning with two consecutive 14-night voyages – one each from San Juan and from Manaus, Brazil, with visits to the Grenadines, Barbados, and exotic locations along Brazil's Amazon River.
Exotic West Indies locations larger ships can't reach await guests on [I]Azamara Journey's[/I] five- and seven-night voyages departing San Juan November 22 (Thanksgiving) and 27, 2011, followed by a return to South America.
From December 4, 2011 through March 9, 2012, [I]Azamara Journey[/I] presents a vast array of exciting and exotic itineraries ranging from eight to 16 nights, with the latter highlighted by three consecutive days in the Antarctic Sound, a visit just off Cape Horn, and a stop in the Falkland Islands.
Many of Azamara's South America voyages were designed around popular local events, such as two nights at chic Punta del Este, Uruguay, during the Christmas holiday; viewing New Year's Eve fireworks off the shores of Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, as well as two full days in Rio during its famous Carnaval in February.
Among the overnight stays featured in Azamara Club Cruises' South America lineup in 2011-12 are Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Punta del Este, Uruguay.
The exotic West Indies again welcomes guests on [I]Azamara Journey[/I] in March 2012, with a series of three seven-night sailings that round out the ship's new deployment. Among the destinations are Mayreau, Grenadines; St. Lucia; Marigot, St. Martin; Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands; and an overnight stay in Gustavia, St. Barts. These voyages can be combined into back-to-back 14-night segments allowing guests to explore a new set of hideaway ports each week.
[U][B]A Quest for Exotic Asia[/B][/U]
[I]Azamara Quest[/I] precedes her new 2011-12 itinerary lineup with an 18-night Christmas and New Year's voyage departing Singapore December 21, 2010, complete with three full days in Bangkok (Klong Toey), Thailand, and one overnight stay each in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi (Halong Bay), Vietnam, ending in Hong Kong. Due to its intimate size, [I]Azamara Quest[/I] is able to sail up Bangkok's Chao Phraya River close to the many attractions in that fascinating city.
The ship then embarks on a series of 14-night sailings in exotic Asia, to and from Singapore and Hong Kong, each highlighted by overnight stays in either Hong Kong or Singapore, and in Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi, through March 5, 2011. While in the region, guests have the opportunity to participate in an optional trip to the UNESCO Heritage site at Angkor Wat, Cambodia.
[I]Azamara Quest[/I] then presents a 12-night voyage from Hong Kong, featuring visits to Xiamen, China; Kagoshima, Nagasaki, and Kyoto (Osaka), Japan, and Busan, South Korea. On March 15, 2011, the ship sets sail on another 12-night voyage from Shanghai, with visits to Qingdao, China, Seoul (Incheon) and Jeju Island, Korea; and overnight stays in both Beijing (Tianjin) and Hong Kong. The ship then presents an encore 14-night sailing from Hong Kong, with overnight stays in Hong Kong, Ho Chi Minh City and Singapore, and two consecutive nights in Bangkok, followed by Azamara's first call on Ko Samui, Thailand.
[I]Azamara Quest[/I] then departs for the line's first-ever sailings in India, with a call on Cochin, and an overnight stay in Bombay (Mumbai).
Dubai awaits guests on [I]Azamara Quest's[/I] April 24, 2011 voyage, beginning with an overnight stay in the upscale destination, followed by several entirely relaxing days and nights at sea, a rare passage through the Suez Canal, and a visit to Alexandria, Egypt, ending in Athens (Piraeus), Greece.
On May 6, 2011, guests sailing on [I]Azamara Quest's[/I] 10-night voyage can enjoy classic Mediterranean destinations by embarking or disembarking in Haifa, Israel, including Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey; Mykonos, Santorini and Rhodes, Greece; Jerusalem (Ashdod), Israel; and an overnight stay in Alexandria, Egypt.
Two consecutive overnight stays each in Jerusalem and Alexandria highlight [I]Azamara Quest's[/I] 10-night sailing departing Haifa, Israel, on May 16, 2011, concluding in Athens.
An exceptional series of seven-night sailings commence May 26, 2011, each expressly designed to offer a rich destination experience, with longer stays in the ports, as well as to allow guests interested in longer sailings to combine them back-to-back with very few, if any, repeat destinations. The series combines the more familiar Greek islands of Corfu, Mykonos and Santorini, as well as Rhodes, where the ship presents an overnight stay, combined with the less-traveled but equally charming ports of Aegina, Chania, Kos, Lesvos (Mitilini) , Nauplion and Paros, Greece.
[I]Azamara Quest's[/I] series of seven-night itineraries also include rare visits to ports in the Black Sea, including Nessebar, Bulgaria, and Ukraine's Odessa, Sevastopol, and Yalta, where the ship docks overnight.
Sicilian ports include Siracusa, Taormina and Trapani; Corsican destinations include Bastia, Bonifacio, Calvi; and among the destinations in France are Provence (Marseilles), charming Sanary-Sur-Mer, and St. Tropez, where the ship remains overnight.
The captivating Croatian destinations offered within [I]Azamara Quest's[/I] series of seven-night sailings include Hvar, Split, Dubrovnik and Korcula, while the rich array of Italian locations include Elba (Portoferraio), Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Portofino, La Spezia, Trieste, and both Venice and Sorrento, where the ship stays overnight. Among the destinations in Turkey are Antalya, Troy (Kepez), captivating Marmaris and Ephesus (Kusadasi).
[I]Azamara Quest[/I] then presents three consecutive 11-night voyages from Athens between October 15 through November 16, 2011, with visits in Greece, Egypt and Israel, highlighted by overnight stays in Alexandria, Jerusalem (Ashdod) and Rhodes. The third in the series also features an exciting passage through the Suez Canal.
Azamara Club Cruises presents an entirely new 10-night Red Sea itinerary from the line's first-time departure port of Suez (Sokhna), Egypt, on November 17, 2011, featuring overnight stays in both Sharm El Sheikh and Safaga, Egypt, along with Aqaba, Jordan, and Eilat, Israel. Guests on this voyage have the opportunity to discover many timeless treasures, including Luxor and St. Catherine's Monastery in Egypt, Masada in Israel, and the fabled Petra and the Wadi Rum Desert in Jordan.
A 14-night voyage follows on November 27, 2011, also from Suez (Sokhna), with an overnight stay in Aqaba, Jordan (for Petra) and the line's first visit to Muscat, Oman, ending in Bombay, India.
From Bombay, [I]Azamara Quest[/I] departs December 11, 2011, on a 12-night voyage featuring calls on Goa (Mormugao), Cochin, Madras (Chennai), India, and Phuket, Thailand, ending in Singapore. While in Chennai, guests can explore the amazing shoreside temples at Mahabalipuram, a UNESCO Heritage Site.
From Singapore, [I]Azamara Quest[/I] presents a exotic and exciting 12-night Christmas and New Year's voyage on December 23, 2011, highlighted by the brand's first-ever visit to the Krakatoa Volcano where, conditions permitting, a landing will be attempted. Additional highlights will include the line's first calls at Semarang, Lombok, Komodo and Benoa Bali, where the ship docks overnight on New Year's Eve. During these calls, guests will have access to a total of four UNESCO Heritage Sites, including a walk to discover the giant lizards at Komodo National Park; the Borobudur Temple complex, the Sangiran Early Man site and the Prambanan Temple site.
[I]Azamara Quest[/I] then embarks on a series of 14-night sailings from Singapore and Hong Kong January 4 through March 14, 2012, with overnight stays in Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi and Hong Kong, and two consecutive nights in Bangkok (Klong Toey). Together with a stop in Danang (Hue), these voyages provide a tremendous immersion into the culture, cuisine and traditions of Vietnam.
Rounding out Azamara Club Cruises' new deployment for 2011-12 are two unique voyages onboard [I]Azamara Quest[/I]: First, a 12-night sailing departing Shanghai March 14, 2012, with visits to Busan, South Korea; Hiroshima, Kobe and Kagoshima, Japan; and Taipei (Keelung) and Hualien, Taiwan, China, concluding in Hong Kong. Additionally, the line presents a 17-night adventure featuring overnight visits in Manila, Philippines and Benoa, Bali, as well as a visit to the island of Borneo, with access to an orangutan sanctuary, a chance to visit the scenic splendor and villages of Torajaland on the island of Sulawesi, and access to four UNESCO Heritage sites, including Komodo National Park, the Borobudur Temple complex, the Sangiran Early Man site and the Prambanan Temple site, concluding in cosmopolitan Singapore.
Beginning today on [I]Azamara Journey[/I] and April 9 on [I]Azamara Quest[/I], guests sailing on every Azamara Club Cruises voyage will experience the brand's many new, inclusive amenities, including complimentary, vintage red and white wines from boutique vineyards around the world served at lunches and dinners; bottled water, sodas, specialty coffees and teas, whether in public venues or in staterooms and suites; housekeeping, dining and bar staff gratuities; shuttle bus service to and from the port communities, where available; destination-influenced entertainment and enrichment programs; specialty dining in the intimate specialty restaurants, Prime C and Aqualina (complimentary for suite guests; stateroom guests are charged a $15 per person cover); true English butler service in suites; self-service laundry, and concierge services.
[B]Guests who book a new 2011-12 Azamara voyage by December 31, 2010 will receive an additional $1,000 per person savings through the brand's current 2-for-1 fares, based on brochure pricing as shown on [URL="http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/rates2011-12"]www.azamaraclubcruises.com/rates2011-12[/URL]. Rates shown on the site's booking tool already reflect the 2-for-1 savings program.[/B]
For more information, consumers are invited to call 1-877-999-9553. Travel Professionals are encouraged to dial 1-877-222-2526. Or, visit the Azamara Club Cruises web site at [URL="http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/"]www.azamaraclubcruises.com[/URL].

[quote name='meow!']Sorry for the confusion, we called Azamara, not Oceania (I just keep thinking of Oceania when I think of R ships!)

I followed your previous posting, for said voyage, from that link, the brochure fare was $9,898 for V3. Half of that would be $4,949. Deduct $1,000 would be $3,949. However, when I called yesterday, the agent quoted me $4,449 as the lowest possible.

I called this morning, another agent told me the $1,000 reduction mentioned was per cabin, not per person. I told her your posting which quoted $1,000 reduction per person, not per cabin, and was told to call back next week for any price disputes. Any comment?[/quote]

It is already "half". The verbiage of an additional $1,000.00 is poor.

When I called I was just told there was a $500.00 OBC being offered for this year.

I went through the process on Azamara's website and the $1000. off/pp appears to be correct.

Using Azamara's brochure prices for 2011/2012 (listed on their website in the box titled ">The New Azamara"), deduct $1000. from the price for the cabin category, then divide by 2 ... it's the same price that comes up when you use the booking process on their website.

Meow, not sure which cruise you are looking for pricing on, but if my calculations don't make sense to you, let me know and I'll go through the numbers here.

Meow ... I re-read your post above and see where the misunderstand was in your calculation ... you were taking the $1000. off of the half price, whereas the $1000. comes off of the brochure price.

meow,
I think the key word is "through" in the statement below:

[B]Guests who book a new 2011-12 Azamara voyage by December 31, 2010 will receive an [COLOR=red]additional $1,000 per person savings through the brand's current 2-for-1 fares[/COLOR], based on brochure pricing as shown on [/B][URL="http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/rates2011-12"][B][COLOR=black]www.azamaraclubcruises.com/rates2011-12[/COLOR][/B][/URL][B]. Rates shown on the site's booking tool already reflect the 2-for-1 savings program.[/B]

This would imply that the current 2-for-1 price already includes the $ 1000pp savings. Indeed, the wording is poor and misleading.
Unfortunately, that is how I read it.

[quote name='Susan-M']Meow ... I re-read your post above and see where the misunderstand was in your calculation ... you were taking the $1000. off of the half price, whereas the $1000. comes off of the brochure price.[/quote]

I am not seeing it and also looking at the V3 Verandah for 081711. I don't see a $1,000 off of a brochure price and than half. It still would be another $500.00 off. When you go through the booking isn't it still $4,449.00pp (plus tax)?

Archived