Sending Yourself Alchohol from the Bon Voyage Dept

kelligirl

I'm with you. Hubby and I are placing our order about two weeks before we board. We will bring in sodas for mixers, but also purchase the soda cards. We expect to save a little on our bar tabs - all while being "above board", and no threat of the "naughty room".

Has anyone done this? What kind of prices can I expect? I may bring some on board myself but it seems like a lot of work hiding it from what I've read.

yep it is easy...you pay the price that is listed on the website. ;)

actually the prices for non-wine is not listed on the website.

I am on a cruise next week and am getting a bottle of rum and vodka for $40 each (about twice the price of a liquor store).

The liquor should be in your room when you arrive.

It is easier than trying to smuggle and probably getting your booze confiscated.

Has anyone done this? What kind of prices can I expect? I may bring some on board myself but it seems like a lot of work hiding it from what I've read.

I've done this on all my cruises. It's $40.00 for a bottle of Absolute Vodka.

BonVoyage – 800-522-7648

Price List as of 2/22/10

__________________________________________________ __

Rums:

Capt Morgan Spiced, Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.

Malibu $55

Vodkas:

Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia $40

Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60

Gin:

Beefeater $40

Slow Gin $40

Bombay Sapphire $55

Canadian Whiskeys:

Canadian Club and Seagram’s 7 $38

Crown Royal and Jamison $55

Scotch:

Dewar’s $60

Chivas Regal $60

Johnny Walker/Black $70

Bourbon:

Jack Daniels $65

Maker’s Mark $60

Jim Beam $38

Tequila:

1800 - $55

Margaritaville $40

Salsa Hornitas (Sp) $60

Patron Silver $70

After Dinner:

Raspberry Liquor $40

Frangelico $45

Jagermeister $60

Chambord $60

Limoncello $60

Amaretto:

Disaronna $45

Brandy

Courvoisier $55

Apricot, Blackberry, and Cherry $40

Smirnoff Ice - Citrus $5.75

Beer:

Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75

Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 oz bottle $4.95

Heinekin 12 oz bottle $4.95

Amstel Reg/Lite - $4.95

Michelob Ultra $5.75 16 oz

Corona – 12 oz bottle - $4.95

Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

Beer is sold as singles. The prices do not differ for a case.

Red Bull Reg/Sugar Free $4.75 (8.3 oz)

Mixers (soda’s/juices) are the same price as the bar. $1.95 for a can of soda and $1.75 for juice.

Fresh Lemon and lime can be ordered from Room Service

**Disclaimer** All prices and brands are subject to change

I did not gather this list but can not remember who originally did. Sorry whoever I stole it from. Should have saved your name to give you credit.

Thank you for the pricelist GypsyRose...

Not really obscene as markups go. I like that Carnival allow bottle sales to your room. Not that I am a lush (DW says :rolleyes:) but I like to offer hospitality to guests or have a drink while trying to tie a bowtie. I see no listing for single malts...

Good for Carnival.

So, we ordered 12 Bud Lights on last week's cruise, and when they were delivered (shortly after we were able to go to our cabin), they were gift wrapped in celophane gift-basket style. I got a good laugh out of that ;)

But yes, I highly recommend this.

I did not gather this list but can not remember who originally did. Sorry whoever I stole it from. Should have saved your name to give you credit.

WOW!! That's the 1st time anyone's mentioned that "they" didn't put it together. I didn't mind doing it...it was a slow day at work and I'm glad that so many have benefited from it:D:D

Also, some people think you can buy it in the shops or in port and bring it to their rooms, which is not the case! Anything you buy outside of Bon Voyage or Room Service will be delivered to your room your last night on board.

Also, some people think you can buy it in the shops or in port and bring it to their rooms, which is not the case! Anything you buy outside of Bon Voyage or Room Service will be delivered to your room your last night on board.
Still in time for a last night of vacation party. As for not being allowed to bring stuff on that you buy in port, technically you are correct. I would buy 3 bottles while in port, go through the screening process ans be directed to the check in desk where I would GLADLY leave one bottle and take the other two to my cabin.

WOW!! That's the 1st time anyone's mentioned that "they" didn't put it together. I didn't mind doing it...it was a slow day at work and I'm glad that so many have benefited from it:D:D

So...are you the responsible person for gathering all this useful info???

Thank you for your hard work! I will go and put your name by it so you get your due credit from now on.

Can you bring juice onboard in your carry on or checked bags? like u can for water/sodas....

Yes. Carnival rules allow a "reasonable amount" of non-alcoholic beverages per person. They have not ever, to my knowledge, defined "reasonable."

But I have NEVER heard of anyone having non-alcoholic beverages taken away.

I just called to get a bit more info- so these are all 1L bottles, and also-they do have wine packages for 5 bottles for $109, $126, or $184, depending on the quality of wine. The $109 is like asti spumanti, the $126 is barringer, and the $184 is chadon sparkling and kendall jackson.

just thought i'd pass that along! :)

Archived