Door decorations on NCL??

NMLady

Just wanted to share my car magnet for my Alaska cruise in July! I like designing them, instead of just using the Vistaprint templates. It cost me $2.50 + shipping since I had 1/2 off uploads (usually $5).

That is an awesome magnetic door sign! I'm technologically challenged so doing uploads or graphics is beyond me. That's why I'm happy just to use the templates that VistaPrint.com provides. You are really artistic.

We on the Spirit right now and I have to say, I've never seen so many door signs/decorations before! :D

Thanks for letting us know that NCL didn't prohibit them on your cruise. That gives me hope for ours.

I hope you're having an awesome cruise.

Looking forward to an email report from you on your return.

Edited by NMLady

Glad to hear that NCL is allowing door magnets. I will be the Norwegian Pearl shortly and will report back on what happens with door decorations. Thanks to the info. posted here, I ordered a door magnet from VistaPrint.com.

Thanks for all the great ideas about the door decor. I never would have thought of it and now my magnet from vistaprint is on my fridge awaiting its trip to Alaska! It was so fun to design our door magnet and my DH just laughed and said it was a great idea to help us locate the right room in the wee hours of the night...but it was also pretty funny and I was a little out of control :) But i can't help it i am just too excited.

Thanks for all the great ideas about the door decor. I never would have thought of it and now my magnet from vistaprint is on my fridge awaiting its trip to Alaska! It was so fun to design our door magnet and my DH just laughed and said it was a great idea to help us locate the right room in the wee hours of the night...but it was also pretty funny and I was a little out of control :) But i can't help it i am just too excited.

Show us a pic. :)

I'm in the middle of designing one now.

Here's hoping that no wise guy passing by decides to move door magnets to other doors. :eek:

In one of the hotels where we stayed, someone went down the hall turning many of the Do Not Disturb signs over to say Maid Service Wanted. We found that out when housekeeping knocked on our door at 8:00am !! :o

Show us a pic. :)

I'm in the middle of designing one now.

I am really hoping no one messes with it and puts it on other peoples doors, although kinda funny...could make for an awkward 2AM moment!

Here is what ours looks like...i really just stuck with the pictures they had on the site but it looks pretty cool in real life :)

Good luck.

1520565385_AlaskaDoor.JPG.fd90d7ccccec7c4411a7f26eb6745db0.JPG

I don't understand why door magnets are so popular.

I don't think tasteful door magnets will be a problem, but don't think for one minute you have an absolute right of self expression aboard privately owned cruise ships. For example, I don't think the cruise line will sit by and watch a brothel advertise it's onboard business using door magnets.

I also don't suggest using door magnets to mark the location of your cabin either. Kids of all ages love moving them about.

I don't think tasteful door magnets will be a problem, but don't think for one minute you have an absolute right of self expression aboard privately owned cruise ships. For example, I don't think the cruise line will sit by and watch a brothel advertise it's onboard business using door magnets.

I also don't suggest using door magnets to mark the location of your cabin either. Kids of all ages love moving them about.

Tasteful magnets are the only kind we're talking about. No one has any intentions of advertising any business, much less a brothel. Where on earth did you get the idea that anyone was planning to advertise a business????

Secondly, no one that I know of has had anyone move an 8.5 x 11 magnet to another door. Sometimes the smaller magnets disappear but not these larger ones.

Edited by NMLady

Most random thing on so many levels that I've read on this board in a long time. :confused:

Well dang, there goes my idea of offering services as a call girl. Maybe I'd better slip business cards under doors instead.

*Disclaimer* I am not a call girl or anything of the sort, that was humor for anyone who did not "get it".

May I ask what the inspiration was for your rather out-of-nowhere post?

Well dang, there goes my idea of offering services as a call girl. Maybe I'd better slip business cards under doors instead.

*Disclaimer* I am not a call girl or anything of the sort, that was humor for anyone who did not "get it".

Well, that's a relief! I was getting ready to flame you for "inappropriate use of business cards while cruising." :rolleyes:;)

Now, what about my crack cocaine business? Can I advertise that on my cabin door? :confused:

Well, that's a relief! I was getting ready to flame you for "inappropriate use of business cards while cruising." :rolleyes:;)

Now, what about my crack cocaine business? Can I advertise that on my cabin door? :confused:

Only if you offer a special deal for CC members.

I'm not sure where the thought came up that anyone would consider advertising a brothel, but if so, maybe the cruise line could get a cut ;)

I'm not sure where the thought came up that anyone would consider advertising a brothel, but if so, maybe the cruise line could get a cut ;)

I was actually just thinking that might be an untapped niche market I could break into. I'll have to do some scouting on our upcoming trip and see if it could be lucrative... Instead of a red light district it could be the red magnet district.

Only if you offer a special deal for CC members.

Sure. We'll call the promotion CC for CC! lol

Oh, the nickel and diming. Care to guess what would be an extra charge?

I was actually just thinking that might be an untapped niche market I could break into. I'll have to do some scouting on our upcoming trip and see if it could be lucrative... Instead of a red light district it could be the red magnet district.

ROFL-brilliant! I'll volunteer to help out and won't even ask to be paid - I just want to work off my bar tab. :o

Mooder---nickel & dime brothel??? Well, you get what ya pay for ;)

I was thinking more high end than that, Mongo. Along the lines of a huge upfront price and then charging extra for the 'extra requests.' ;) Care to volunteer for the huge upfront part? :eek::rolleyes: