Door decorations on NCL??

NMLady

I was thinking more high end than that, Mongo. Along the lines of a huge upfront price and then charging extra for the 'extra requests.' ;) Care to volunteer for the huge upfront part? :eek::rolleyes:

Is false advertising permitted on ships? ROTFLMAO

Sure. We'll call the promotion CC for CC! lol

Oh, the nickel and diming. Care to guess what would be an extra charge?

ROFL-brilliant! I'll volunteer to help out and won't even ask to be paid - I just want to work off my bar tab. :o

Lovely. I'll let you know what I come up with after our cruise in May.

I'm getting in this discussion late, but better late than never, right? ;) Sure has turned interesting :D. I'm sure my bar tab will be HUGE!

THANKS for the great ideas about magnets, t-shirts, meet and greets...everything!

One question: how do you set up a meet and greet? so far, my roll call is slow.

Nickel 'n' Dime Brothel!! I love it!! You guys are hilarious!!

One question: how do you set up a meet and greet? so far, my roll call is slow.

My Alaska roll call is slow so I decided not to contact the cruise line to help me setup an official event. I don't want them to go through all this trouble and no one shows up. Instead, I'm just setting a time and place to informally meet and letting people know. I honestly won't be surprised if no one shows up but hey, I'll wait for 15 min and then leave if no one comes. No big deal. I am also throwing in some freebies for people who do show up. I got some free small magnets from Vistaprint too with the cruise design I made and will hand them out to anyone who comes. Maybe freebies will entice them!

If your roll call was active, you could contact the cruise line to actually reserve some space and sometimes officers or staff will show up. But yeah, I'm not doing that since I would be embarrassed if it was just me!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just off of the Norwegian Pearl. There was a small paragraph in the daily paper asking that door decorations not be placed on the door, since they could be a fire hazard.

I did have one of the small car magnets from VistaPrint, and we did put that up, and had no problems from the crew or anyone touching it.

The cabin doors on the ship had a baffle type design on them. Not sure if this was partially to discourage magnets, etc.

I only saw one other door which had a door decoration. It was a suction cup with a cloth "welcome" sign hanging from it.

Just off of the Norwegian Pearl. There was a small paragraph in the daily paper asking that door decorations not be placed on the door, since they could be a fire hazard.

That makes sense, but only if there is a fire in the hallway already that the decorations would fuel.

Luckily, my only decoration is the Vistaprint car door magnet.

I did have one of the small car magnets from VistaPrint, and we did put that up, and had no problems from the crew or anyone touching it.

I'm glad to know that they realize magnets are not a fire hazard.

The cabin doors on the ship had a baffle type design on them. Not sure if this was partially to discourage magnets, etc.

Not sure what a 'baffle type design' is. :confused:

... One question: how do you set up a meet and greet? so far, my roll call is slow.

Kind of off topic, but about a month before your cruise, email

groupeventship@ncl.com but take out the word ship and put in the name of your ship instead. Example: groupeventdawn

That liaison person will get back to you with details for time/place etc and other help you need.

Edited by NMLady

Not sure what a 'baffle type design' is. :confused:

Sorry... should have been clearer. It is a solid metal door, but with ridges which look somewhat like a shutter. Basically, it is not a flat surface.

The magnet still molded to the door quite well, and there were no problems with it falling off.

• 4 years later...
In an NCL roll call thread someone mentioned that NCL takes down any door decorations, considering them as litter.

Have any of you experienced this?

The reason I'm asking is because in Sept/Oct we will be on NCL Sun for 33 days on B2B2B cruises and I was going to put one magnetic sign, ordered from Vistaprint.com on our door. (It's the size that fits on a car door for advertising.) It would simply say:

33 Days Onboard.

Northern Europe,

Transatlantic,

Caribbean

last line would have our first names and a flower in bottom right corner.

Will that be taken down as litter? It's not paper and wouldn't be taped. If I remember correctly, the door is magnetic.

It is part of the new fire safety regulations and it was also mentioned about the amount of damage to the doors the decorations were causing. On our charter cruise in January, it was stated by the cruise line repeatedly not to do it or else a fee could be imposed. I do know of two cabins who received the fee for disobeying the rules. Their decorations also caused damage to the door when removed tho. :cool:

It is part of the new fire safety regulations and it was also mentioned about the amount of damage to the doors the decorations were causing. On our charter cruise in January, it was stated by the cruise line repeatedly not to do it or else a fee could be imposed. I do know of two cabins who received the fee for disobeying the rules. Their decorations also caused damage to the door when removed tho. :cool:

I have experienced the same thing on a couple of NCL cruises (not chartered cruises), the latest time was last year. I believe it was actually printed either in the Freestyle Daily or on a separate sheet of paper that contained various practical information regarding the cruise, that was given out in the beginning of the cruise. When I wrote this as answer to a different thread here on CC a couple of months ago (that paper decorations on the door was now considered a fire hazard and would be removed. It also stated specifically that CruiseCritic "door signs" were not allowed), where somebody asked if it was allowed to decorate the cabin door, "everybody else" concluded that I was wrong, that they had never heard of that, and had decorated their cabin doors without any problems whatsoever...

Edited by TrumpyNor