Help with South Beach!!!!

sealeggs

We are coming to South Beach in late May. We are staying at the Carlton for 2 days pre-cruise. My question is , is there a Publix store or any place to buy alcohol to take to the room and no not on the cruise? So we could have some cocktails on our own and not spend South Beach prices for drinks,$12.00 per.

I stayed at the Carlton just two weeks ago for one night pre cruise.

If you come out of the hotel, go right and across the street there was a rather large liquor store a block or two up.

I stayed at the Carlton just two weeks ago for one night pre cruise.

If you come out of the hotel, go right and across the street there was a rather large liquor store a block or two up.

Thanks for the reply. I will definitely try this store.

We stayed at the Victor on Ocean Drive right by where you're staying and there was a liquor store very close by. I think it was on 11th or 12th. Just ask at your hotel and they'll tell you where to go. Also, there are a CVS and Walgreens near Lincoln Road and Collins (about 2 blocks from where you'll be), and they sell beer and wine.

Have a great time!

We stayed at the Victor on Ocean Drive right by where you're staying and there was a liquor store very close by. I think it was on 11th or 12th. Just ask at your hotel and they'll tell you where to go. Also, there are a CVS and Walgreens near Lincoln Road and Collins (about 2 blocks from where you'll be), and they sell beer and wine.

Have a great time!

Thank you, we are so looking forward to this cruise. It has been 2 years since we cruised. We are having cruise withdraw.

Thank you, we are so looking forward to this cruise. It has been 2 years since we cruised. We are having cruise withdraw.

I bet. Make sure to check out Lincoln Road. It's fun people watching. There is a great Mexican place right off the main strip that has fantastic margaritas and fish tacos. It's not super pricey like the rest of the restaurants on Lincoln Road. We love staying in SB the night before our cruises. It just starts the trip off on the right note!

I bet. Make sure to check out Lincoln Road. It's fun people watching. There is a great Mexican place right off the main strip that has fantastic margaritas and fish tacos. It's not super pricey like the rest of the restaurants on Lincoln Road. We love staying in SB the night before our cruises. It just starts the trip off on the right note!

If its the same Mexican place (Oh Mexico! I think)...they have absolutely fantastic breakfast burritos too!

We will give it a whirl. Thanks again.

We are coming to South Beach in late May. We are staying at the Carlton for 2 days pre-cruise. My question is , is there a Publix store or any place to buy alcohol to take to the room and no not on the cruise? So we could have some cocktails on our own and not spend South Beach prices for drinks,$12.00 per.

Many people come to South Beach primarily to hang out in the bars and clubs. Others to drink in their hotel rooms. To each his or her own, I guess.

Many people come to South Beach primarily to hang out in the bars and clubs. Others to drink in their hotel rooms. To each his or her own, I guess.

Yes you are right some come to party strictly on South Beach. We will be doing both, a few cocktails in the room and also going out to at least Mango's. Also checking out Lincoln Road. We are also going to spend a lot of time on the beach. So don't give me attitude.

Yes you are right some come to party strictly on South Beach. We will be doing both, a few cocktails in the room and also going out to at least Mango's. Also checking out Lincoln Road. We are also going to spend a lot of time on the beach. So don't give me attitude.

I'd skip Mangos.

Instead head to the rooftop of the Gansavoort after 5PM.

Have mojitos at the pool bar at The Delano.

Go watch the sunset at The Mondrian and have a few at their bar.

FWIW, for cheap drinks, hit Club Deuce. It is on 14th and Collins. Happy hour daily from 10AM to 7PM.

You can certainly have your own alcohol in a hotel room....that's why folks get so upset about NOT being able to take it on a ship....the cabin IS your hotel room!!!!

Actually, you can take booze on the ship. You just have to pack it really well in your suitcase. I have always taken a couple bottles on the ship, and on my last cruise, my son-in-law actually took a case of beer with him, (this really surprised me). We usually put the bottle in a baggie, then turn that baggie upside down in another, then wrap it in a towel and put it between our clothes. We are getting ready for our 23rd cruise in 10 years and have never had a problem. Hope this helps.

Archived