Beware Splendor 1024!

anotherlurker

We just returned from the Splendor Cabin 1024 (Cat SS) Spa Suite. This room is directly below the treadmills in the gym. If you plan on spending time in your room, you will hear the constant thumping of people running on the treadmills. We did complain and the Guest Services Supervisor did her best to try to control the usage in the gym.

We are working on a member review for the cruise that will have more details.

Just FYI only if you are looking at rooms on the Splendor!

We just returned from the Splendor Cabin 1024 (Cat SS) Spa Suite. This room is directly below the treadmills in the gym. If you plan on spending time in your room, you will hear the constant thumping of people running on the treadmills. We did complain and the Guest Services Supervisor did her best to try to control the usage in the gym.

Sometimes you have to wonder if these "designers" ever use their head.

Why would they put a Suite in this location?????

If your permission, I will add this to the Cabin Selection Tips "do not book" thread....

we are in an ov spa room about as foward as you can go on the ship I am wonderig if we will have the same problem..I tried to do research before I booked and everyone said it would be fine..It looks like the treadmills are a bit to the left of us we are in 1002...thanks for the information..lisa

T:)hanks for the info i almost booked this room yesterday for Oct.

...and I also heard that you don't want to be below the 'weights' area in the gym - cuz of everyone dropping their heavy weights - and if your cabin is right below....well you get the picture!

Sometimes you have to wonder if these "designers" ever use their head.

Why would they put a Suite in this location?????

If your permission, I will add this to the Cabin Selection Tips "do not book" thread....

I would not recommend this room until Carnival changes the location of gym equipment above the room.

We had originally booked 1040 (Cat 8P) and bit on the upsell for the Suite. I had done my research on cruisedeckplans dot com for room 1040. Since I was at work, I only went with portside (1024) as a preference. 1025 was available.

I spoke to my neighbors also as I was bringing everyone into our room to hear the thumping sound and it seemed more loud and focused in our room for some reason. My neighbors did hear some light thumping and I did hear the interior rooms talking about the weights being dropped.

Albeit it was a gorgeous room, we had every intention to enjoy our Suite and spend time in our room. This was during Spring Break and I wasn't interested in the general pool area for relaxation.

I also want to emphasize that once Carnival did hear the sounds, Senior Guest Services Supervisor Charlene Ellapan did work as best she could to resolve the issue. She did compensate us generously and offered a discount on a future cruise.

march2010cruise013.jpgmarch2010cruise012.jpgmarch2010cruise015.jpgmarch2010cruise017.jpgmarch2010cruise016.jpg

• 1 year later...
we are in an ov spa room about as foward as you can go on the ship I am wonderig if we will have the same problem..I tried to do research before I booked and everyone said it would be fine..It looks like the treadmills are a bit to the left of us we are in 1002...thanks for the information..lisa

Too close for me.

I would not recommend this room until Carnival changes the location of gym equipment above the room.

We had originally booked 1040 (Cat 8P) and bit on the upsell for the Suite. I had done my research on cruisedeckplans dot com for room 1040. Since I was at work, I only went with portside (1024) as a preference. 1025 was available.

I spoke to my neighbors also as I was bringing everyone into our room to hear the thumping sound and it seemed more loud and focused in our room for some reason. My neighbors did hear some light thumping and I did hear the interior rooms talking about the weights being dropped.

Albeit it was a gorgeous room, we had every intention to enjoy our Suite and spend time in our room. This was during Spring Break and I wasn't interested in the general pool area for relaxation.

I also want to emphasize that once Carnival did hear the sounds, Senior Guest Services Supervisor Charlene Ellapan did work as best she could to resolve the issue. She did compensate us generously and offered a discount on a future cruise.

march2010cruise013.jpgmarch2010cruise012.jpgmarch2010cruise015.jpgmarch2010cruise017.jpgmarch2010cruise016.jpg

Never saw bed linens like those, wow!

I'd never book a cabin under the gym.

Archived