Are felons allowed to cruise?

ssatterly

How about unknown felons? :p

Get real...their is probably one living in your neighborhood.

You have probably cruised with one before and had no clue..:eek:

I am sure that we have all sailed with child molesters too but that doesn't mean I want to sail with them.

I am sure that we have all sailed with child molesters too but that doesn't mean I want to sail with them.

True enough, but if someone's been convicted, has completed their sentence, and is not a recidivist, who are you to judge?

Would you be OK with cruising with tax cheats and people who don't pay child support? Or maybe cruising with Martha Stewart (people who trade stocks on inside information?)

If you answered 'Yes' then you are OK to cruise with felons.

Thats the chance you take leaving your house every day....you might actually be beind one in line at the grocery store. :eek:

Depending on the crime.........I have no problem judging:D

I guess it's a good thing they aren't walking around wearing sandwich boards with their criminal records on 'em then. (Totally get what you're saying though.)

Were not talking about owning a gun here, its a freaking cruise, if the person did their time and isn't on any probation or parole, i don't see why anyone would have a problem with this!

I guess it's a good thing they aren't walking around wearing sandwich boards with their criminal records on 'em then. (Totally get what you're saying though.)

There are some criminals that just can't be rehabilitated and you have to watch out for them until the day they close the coffin lid on them.

Were not talking about owning a gun here, its a freaking cruise, if the person did their time and isn't on any probation or parole, i don't see why anyone would have a problem with this!

I think the biggest concern here is a convicted child molester being on a cruise with one's kids, which is a totally understandable concern. I'm not so concerned about the tax-evaders, insider-traders, ponzi-schemers, even the drunk drivers and narcotics users who've cleaned themselves up and have done their time don't concern me (and I'd venture to say most people). It's the child molesters, rapists, and violent offenders that have people concerned.

I think the biggest concern here is a convicted child molester being on a cruise with one's kids, which is a totally understandable concern. I'm not so concerned about the tax-evaders, insider-traders, ponzi-schemers, even the drunk drivers and narcotics users who've cleaned themselves up and have done their time don't concern me (and I'd venture to say most people). It's the child molesters, rapists, and violent offenders that have people concerned.

Exactly

Those people have sickness that you can not change with jail time or rehab.

I agree with that 100% but most rapists and molesters have to report to a parole officer weekly, and part of their parole is no contact with kids and such. So legally i dont see those type of people cruising.

I agree with that 100% but most rapists and molesters have to report to a parole officer weekly, and part of their parole is no contact with kids and such. So legally i dont see those type of people cruising.

Go read cruisejunkie.com. You'd be surprised how many times a year a convicted child molester makes their way onto a cruise ship. And those are just the reported incidences.

Those type of people have proven they don't follow the laws anyway so what is to stop them from getting on a cruise, nothing but the check the homeland security is supposed to be doing before you set sail.

Those type of people have proven they don't follow the laws anyway so what is to stop them from getting on a cruise, nothing but the check the homeland security is supposed to be doing before you set sail.

If they are not on a terrorist watch list or something similar that won't help much. :cool:

I believe the remark was "Why would you pay for a felon";)

Probably because if he has been in prison for a year he may not have the financial resources to pay for himself. Folks pay for family members to cruise all the time, not a big who pays for it.

Archived