Called to find out what date I can start booking specialty restaurant reservations

stipmom

Did you speak to the Captains Club? Or whatever their calling it now? AZ has made a lot of changes. But on our cruise in Feb. we could make one reservations 30 days before the sail date thru the captains club. I was transferred around from Celebrity Captains Club to AZ Captains Club, a few times, but finally got someone to help me. Good Luck.

hmmm, that is interesting. We reserved a dinner at Aquilina for the 2nd leg of our B2B the week of May 9th and still have gotten no confirmation...We were thinking that perhaps they wait until four weeks out???:confused: If that is the case tomorrow is the drop dead date for that. Just seems a strange coincidence with this information regarding the change, or possible change, in policy. Perhaps we should call back and verify the reservation request went through?

We sail May 16 - I called 60 days out (Captain's Club number), made a reservation, never got a confirmation. I called back last week (now about 45 days out), there did not seem to be a record of the previous reservation so I made another - this time I got an email confirmation. I still plan to go double check as soon as I board, and also make a second reservation. I'm wondering how the increased price will affect demand but also hopeful the food in the MDR will be so tastey that maybe we will be perfectly happy to just dine there.

On each of my Azamara cruises, I have prebooked one dinner and then booked more when I get on board. Having just sailed, you will not have a problem. I dined at the specialty restaurants 3 times last week. The restaurants were not full. There is resistance to the new $15pp charge. Most people I met dined in specialty restaurants once...some not at all. The food in Discoveries is very good. Prime C is still outstanding. Aquilina needs some work.

Archived