Special items to pack

Wind up alarm clock,extension with extra plugs for cameras,curling iron,binoculars,back pack for islands -for camera,bathing towels,shopping items,beer bought on island,etc,and the list goes on....:)

Number 1 special item: disinfecting wipes to wipe down all hard surfaces in the cabin, including all handles, telephone, light switches, tv remote, desk top, balcony chair arms, etc. They are also very handy on the flight to wipe down the tray table and window. A friend is a flight attendant, and says they are rarely, if ever cleaned.

Next most important special items: vermouth mister, jar of olives, toothpicks, and a stainless steel coffee travel mug (which, you guessed it, doubles as a cocktail shaker!).

Wind up alarm clock,extension with extra plugs for cameras,curling iron,binoculars,back pack for islands -for camera,bathing towels,shopping items,beer bought on island,etc,and the list goes on....:)

With Princess, do we have to bring our beach towels from home for when we go to the beach?:confused:

I always bring one of those carry bags that fold up very small. I throw it into my luggage when I leave. Going home, I use it as my carry-on and check my other (heavier) luggage. I always buy stuff so I need extra to carry it home!

Other things: luggage scale, a small adapter that turns one electrical outlet into 3 outlets, laundry detergent and quarters (if I am on a longer cruise), extra flashlight, leatherman tool (in checked luggage), a flash drive with scans of my passport, charge cards (front only), and other travel papers, and files containing all emergency numbers (just in case!)

For funinla, no bungee cord needed for balcony doors on Princess. The balcony doors are sliders - if you want to keep them open, engage the handle lock when open.

Just as a side note, keeping your balcony door open for long periods in hot or humid climate, makes the A/C in that area of the ship run a lot harder/be less efficient....

Number 1 special item: disinfecting wipes to wipe down all hard surfaces in the cabin' date=' including all handles, telephone, light switches, tv remote, desk top, balcony chair arms, etc. They are also very handy on the flight to wipe down the tray table and window. A friend is a flight attendant, and says they are rarely, if ever cleaned.

Next most important special items: vermouth mister, jar of olives, toothpicks, and a stainless steel coffee travel mug (which, you guessed it, doubles as a cocktail shaker!).[/quote']

Do you bring a hermetically sealed chemical warfare suit to protect you from all those bad germs floating around in the air? :rolleyes:

I am bringing a bungee cord to keep my balcony door open at night, to have the nice, fresh ocean air circulating throughout the cabin... Can't wait! :D

Watch leaving that balcony door open at night. It can affect the A/C efficiency for all the cabins in your area, and might even cause it to shut down. It isn't the same as leaving your window open at home. The other pax might be a tad upset if that happens. ;)

The balcony doors on Princess ships are sliders anyway - you may want to leave it open just a crack, but I wouldn't suggest you leave it wide open for any length of time. We were made aware of this on our first cruise, so just trying to pass along the info to you to avoid any problems...! :)

A pop up laundry hamper, small and very handy. My new favorite thing, a mesh storage unit I found at Wallmart, it hangs in the shower and I can put my razor, shampoo etc. I love that thing especially in the small showers! Oh, almost forgot about the hooks that hang by suction on the walls, I put my beach bag, camera, or whatever else I can think of on them.

Archived