First time Seabourn

Jim Avery

Hi Everyone!

My turn to jump in the pool. :)

VERY excited about this cruise!

Yes, I will indeed be blogging this one and am eager to explore the differences & similarities between SD & SB. Blog will go live on September 26.

Jim - I told you he herds more than cats! Look at us... ;)

Hi Everyone!

My turn to jump in the pool. :)

VERY excited about this cruise!

Yes, I will indeed be blogging this one and am eager to explore the differences & similarities between SD & SB. Blog will go live on September 26.

Jim - I told you he herds more than cats! Look at us... ;)

Yes, Mr. Gantt appears to be our personal Cruise Director.:eek:

J.

• 2 months later...
...Seabourn does not charge extra for the stuff.:)

What type of caviar do they serve, and how is the quality? (I'm guessing if it's unlimited, it couldn't be that good, but I'm hardly an expert on caviar...)

Regarding the mini-bar set up, I had thought it would be like a typical hotel minibar with various brands and types of beverages. However, on the online guest registration page with the checklist, it said only 2 types are included free of charge. Is the minibar that mini? Why do they limit it to 2 types, if it's open bar anyway?

PS...We are all CHOKING on the Venice hotel pricing...Anyone have suggestions for nice, but reasonable accommodations. Last Ted and I were there (ummm, 25 years ago) we stayed in the Danieli. I just cannot stomach that price tag. And, Sorry, Chipriani (Seabourn's pre/post hotel) is $1200 a night! I'm poe folk and need something a little less.

I also could not stomach those prices... we stayed at a lovely B&B, within an easy walk of everything for about $150 Euro: http://www.corte1321.com/en/index.htm

I'd stay there again in a heartbeat - nice big rooms, decent breakfast, very friendly staff

SFvoyage,

You do not have a minibar in your suite, you have a refrigerator. It is sticked with soda and beer and water. You can request whatever kind you like. You get two bottles of liquor but the are the large bottles. not little airline bottles as in minibars. My advice is not to fill out what you want on the guest form but to wait till you board and tell your stewardess. You'll have what you want within a couple of hours. The idea here is to be able to fix your favorite drink in your suite as a convenience. As you say, you can get whatever you want throughout the ship.

SFvoyage,

You do not have a minibar in your suite, you have a refrigerator. It is sticked with soda and beer and water. You can request whatever kind you like. You get two bottles of liquor but the are the large bottles. not little airline bottles as in minibars. My advice is not to fill out what you want on the guest form but to wait till you board and tell your stewardess. You'll have what you want within a couple of hours. The idea here is to be able to fix your favorite drink in your suite as a convenience. As you say, you can get whatever you want throughout the ship.

That explains it, thanks! I had thought they'd be the miniature bottles like in hotels.

PS...We are all CHOKING on the Venice hotel pricing...Anyone have suggestions for nice, but reasonable accommodations. Last Ted and I were there (ummm, 25 years ago) we stayed in the Danieli. I just cannot stomach that price tag. And, Sorry, Chipriani (Seabourn's pre/post hotel) is $1200 a night! I'm poe folk and need something a little less.

We have gone several times ... not in the past 2 years, but we always stay on Marano. Locanda Conterie was the name ... catered to non-americans, but I love being on the island ... quiet and you get the real flavor of the life style.

Archived