Going on the Crown what night is best for the specialty restaurants

hertz4319

Hi All,

My partner and I are going to be on the Crown on April 24th and want to go to one of the specialty restaurants. We were wondering which night is the menu the weakest in the MDR.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Stewart

Hi All,

My partner and I are going to be on the Crown on April 24th and want to go to one of the specialty restaurants. We were wondering which night is the menu the weakest in the MDR.

Stewart

In my openion...the night that fajitas/chili is on the menu. Can't remember what night that is, but if you ask your waiter they should be able to tell you.

Jan

I really don't find the Caribbean menu that appealing. That theme dinner is usually the third or fourth day of the cruise. When you make reservations for one of the specialty restaurants, they can tell you what menu is served in the MDR for the cruise. Enjoy!

Hi All,

Stewart

Absolutely, positively, go on Caribbean night. Worst menu of them all.

Absolutely, positively, go on Caribbean night. Worst menu of them all.

It's not one of my favourites, either, but did you really think it was worse than Oriental Night on the Coral? I still have nightmares about that menu . . .

Hi All,

Stewart

My vote to go was the Chef's Dinner .

We were on the Crown six weeks ago and we went on the first so-called "formal" night as we do not care for the whole aura of it all in the MDR. Not a member of the country club, never have been a member of the country club, have no desire to be a member of the country club, nor do I wish to pretend to be a member of the country club. That being said, some seem to enjoy formal night and they are welcome to it.

on the 4/24 Crown cruise. We vote for both formal nights, those are the 2 sea days, since we are carry on & no formalwear. When Princess calls their dining "Personal Choice" that meant no formal if you do not want it, to us. Now we are attacked here by folks who love it, which is not correct. I have colorful slacks & tops that are classified Country Club Casual as is my husband's Dockers & polos. He may even throw in a Hawaiian shirt too. Comfort is #1 to us in our stateroom as well as clothing in hot & humid areas. We just did W Carib on NCL to Routan, Costa Maya & Belize and it was extremely HOT 95 degrees & HUMID with no balcony door left open since the walls sweat & mirrors steamed up and that was 12/6 week.

Tip

I wear a suit. I wear a suit to a lot of places, not just on formal night. I don't belong to a country club nor do I wish to join - even if I had the money. People wear suits and get dressed up for all kinds of occasions like weddings, funerals, theater, fancy restuarants etc. All kinds of people do this without belonging to a county club.

In you comment I got the impression that you are suggesting that people who wear suits/tuxes for formal night are elitists and/or snobbish ie the country club set. I don't believe that generality/sterotype for a second. I think people wear suits so they can help Princess recreate a sense of elegance that cruising once had. (By the way I, personally, do not believe a person who belongs to a country club is necessarily elitist..)

I could care less if you dress for formal night. But I don't think it is approprite to knock others who do by implying they are elitists (country club set).

As for the OP.... great question. I will be on the crown shortly. I got some good info from this thread.

We recently returned from the Crown. Caribbean night was the 4th night of the cruise. That evening, we ate in the Crown Grill- worth every penny, in my opinion. So, my recommendation is to eat at one of the specialty restaurants or the Chef's Table (yummy food and great wine) on night #4.

Tip

I wear a suit. I wear a suit to a lot of places, not just on formal night. I don't belong to a country club nor do I wish to join - even if I had the money. People wear suits and get dressed up for all kinds of occasions like weddings, funerals, theater, fancy restuarants etc. All kinds of people do this without belonging to a county club.

In you comment I got the impression that you are suggesting that people who wear suits/tuxes for formal night are elitists and/or snobbish ie the country club set. I don't believe that generality/sterotype for a second. I think people wear suits so they can help Princess recreate a sense of elegance that cruising once had. (By the way I, personally, do not believe a person who belongs to a country club is necessarily elitist..)

I could care less if you dress for formal night. But I don't think it is approprite to knock others who do by implying they are elitists (country club set).

As for the OP.... great question. I will be on the crown shortly. I got some good info from this thread.

My comments on "the country club" were meant to represent only me. If others choose to play "dress up" they are welcome to it. I must have struck a nerve!;)

We were wondering which night is the menu the weakest in the MDR.

Caribbean night. Yup

We just did 7 day, western tour.

We planned:

-- two nights in Crown Grill

-- one Ultimate Balcony Dinner

-- and we were chosen for the Chef's Table.

-- We skipped Sabatini's this time.

We don't care for MDRs....go to either specialty

places or prefer create our own awesome salads from HC

and eat on the balcony with our carry-on wine. :-).

Regards.:cool:

Archived