RCL Freedom size VS Carnival Dream size?

ChaylaT

Booked on a July Dream cruise with the family but since reading the reviews I am wondering if we should jump ship. So what I am getting from the reviews is that the RCL Freedom is a larger ship with more public space and the same amount of people as the Dream with less public space and ship largeness? And this lanai protruding out is really a bother! I want to look down and see ocean more than people. We are in rooms 9235 & 9231..anyone know about these rooms? Grrr...I just don't know what to do. My kids are gung-ho on the water slides and a trip to Atlantis! :confused:

Freedom of the Seas is significantly larger than Carnival Dream -- roughly 155,000 GRT (Freedom) to 130,000 GRT (Dream). I haven't been on the Dream so I won't coment on her bur I have been on a Freedom Class ship and I can vouch for the fact that they handle their crowds very well and have a ton of public space. The Freedom Class is currently my favorite class of ship.

As for Dream v. Freedom it's up to you -- and you need to weigh the pros cons and relative prices.

RCL newer ships have more open space per person, though its argued here its wasted space.

People are complaining a lot about crowding on the Dream, which isnt that much bigger than Conquest, so Im confused how it can be so bad and so many complaints. Im still hoping for Magic to Galveston, though they say be careful what you wish for, I might not want to trade Conquest for Magic.

My hubby says we should just go and enjoy the chaos. When we took the Splendor last year it was a party-fun atmosphere with lines & chair hogs and we still had THE best vacation! So since we have airlines and everything all set and the price is CHEAP since we booked over a year ago, we should just go and have fun! I do want to try Freedom though, way over Oasis...now that is toooo big a ship.

We were on the Dream this year. Can't say anything bad about it. No sail-away party because of ice on the deck, waterslides closed - too windy, about 4 hrs. of sun in 9 days and 36 degrees at sail away time. But I still can't say anything bad! Had a great time and I'm sure you will too.

Booked on a July Dream cruise with the family but since reading the reviews I am wondering if we should jump ship. So what I am getting from the reviews is that the RCL Freedom is a larger ship with more public space and the same amount of people as the Dream with less public space and ship largeness? And this lanai protruding out is really a bother! I want to look down and see ocean more than people. We are in rooms 9235 & 9231..anyone know about these rooms? Grrr...I just don't know what to do. My kids are gung-ho on the water slides and a trip to Atlantis! :confused:

I've been on both ships and can speak of the overcrowding on Dream. If you have the opportunity to jump ship, do it.

Archived