Caribbean in Oct/Nov or Jan/Feb

vikingtraveller

We are booked on the Maasdam in Jan/Feb 2011. Similar Caribbean Collectors Voyages also sail in Oct/Nov 2010.

Would normal weather for the Caribbean be about the same during both periods (apart from a possible belated hurricane...)?

Regards from Norway - where most of the planes are flying once more.

Hello, Norway! :) Love, love, love your country!

As far as I'm concerned, it's too hot, and too humid, in the Caribbean in all of those months. If there's any difference, can't tell by me.

We've sailed the Caribbean every month of the year and have spent many (aggregate) months of our lives either in resorts there or on cruise ships. The weather doesn't vary much throughout the year. Some months may have a little more rain than others but the Caribbean is swim suit weather all year and in summer months the temperature doesn't vary that much but it gets more humid.

A full six months of the year is technically 'hurricane season'...... June through November.

We just did 2 weeks on the Westerdam Feb 7-21 2010 and the average temps were in the mid 70's, light breeze most days (of course the ship was moving so that would be the breeze *GRIN*) 2 days of rain and 1 day of strong waves and wind and 1 day of mild waves and wind.

I came home to New Mexico with one heck of a GREAT TAN!! Everyone is soooooooooo jealous!!!

Here is a good site to get the Average Weather for various parts of the Caribbean throughout the year: http://caribbean-guide.info/weather/

Joanie

But they are going in late January.

But they did ask if the weather in the two periods would be the same and mentioned "belated hurricanes" the point of my post was no they are not quite the same and the occasional belated hurricane may not be so occasional.

Archived