Princess Grill QM2

north east girl

"My favorite martini from our TA last year was the chocolate one. Have tried to replicate the same at home, they just don't taste the same. So will have a few whilst on board."

Catherine - is that the Milky Way? My very favourite. Agree, not the same at home - I need a QM2 bar person! ;)

So glad you've booked this trip, sounds wonderful. We're currently discussing my birthday next year, and QM2 is still coming top of the list. Have a wonderful time. Boo.

Have not tried the Milky Way martini yet. The chocolate one I had was clear with chocolate coating on the glass rim, wonderful.

Lets us know what trip you decide for your birthday.

Catherine

Theres a nice raised jacuzzi/whirlpool on the grills deck looking aft.

Have a great trip in PG and remember "dont ask dont get", youve paid the premium dont be shy.;)

Fred.

Hi hansol, thanks for the tip, mind you I am a bit shy. Will tell hubby to do it.

Catherine

We never had a problem ordering something special in the Princess Grill. The Maitre'd even asked every day if there was anything else we would like.

We also asked for caviar on several occasions, never a charge.

Hi susietb, never tried caviar before, maybe this will be the opportunity to try it.

What does it taste like?

Catherine

Catherine you will love the PG & might not be able to go back to non-Grills ;)

The PG rooms do have a nicer, bigger balcony on QM2 with lovely teak steamers, but if you get the chance to go in PG on QV do it! She is a lovely ship & the Grills set up is wonderful.

We always book a PG guarantee because we know we will love it. We have had a few upgrades to QG, but we are always happy with PG. You will be spoilt :D

Enjoy!

Sharon

Hi Sharon, I know what you are saying, we have a 12 day trip booked for September also. Now what will I do if we really like PG. We are booked B3.

I think I will be checking out the prices as the trip gets closer.

Catherine

Hi Susietb,

I read with interest your post on caviar in the PG Grill - I was advised by Cunard UK that there is a charge for caviar in this Grill unlike QG Grill. When was your last sailing on QM2?

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Have not tried the Milky Way martini yet. The chocolate one I had was clear with chocolate coating on the glass rim, wonderful.

Lets us know what trip you decide for your birthday.

Catherine

I too have never been able to replicate the Milky Way Martini when I get back home. It must be something about sitting back and just enjoying being in the Commodore Club!

P1080287-1.jpg

I too have never been able to replicate the Milky Way Martini when I get back home. It must be something about sitting back and just enjoying being in the Commodore Club!

P1080287-1.jpg

If that is the Milky Way Martini I will be having one or two for sure.

Come to think of it, I was served one that looked just like that in New York, so I may have had one without realising. Will have to order one in the Commodore club to make sure.

Catherine

Hi Susietb,

I read with interest your post on caviar in the PG Grill - I was advised by Cunard UK that there is a charge for caviar in this Grill unlike QG Grill. When was your last sailing on QM2?

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

We ordered it in PG in February this year. Requested some the night before, and there was no extra charge. Mind you, it was only a small portion.

P1090105.jpg

It was also on the menu on another night on our trip. Not quite like we used to get on the Vistafjord, but not bad either!:)

The Milky Way has to be the most moorish cocktail ever!:D

Hi cinta, I've noticed you will be on QV soon. It's your chance to have a Milky Way Martini.

Where are you going? I was looking at this ship online and it looks very nice.

Lets us know how your trip goes.

Catherine

Hi Catherine, we are doing a 12 med cruise (we're joining Terry Wogan's TOGS! Silly old fools:D)

We been on her before, both in PG & QG.

She is completely different to QM2, but just as lovable in her own way &, as I'm sure you've heard the Grills restaurants & lounge are wonderful.

We can't wait now, we've only ever been on Cunard & love it :D

Sharon

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Catherine, we are doing a 12 med cruise (we're joining Terry Wogan's TOGS! Silly old fools:D)

We been on her before, both in PG & QG.

She is completely different to QM2, but just as lovable in her own way &, as I'm sure you've heard the Grills restaurants & lounge are wonderful.

We can't wait now, we've only ever been on Cunard & love it :D

Sharon

Just been reading all my lovely posts again as our holiday is getting closer. (17 days away)

Lucky you just having 2 days to wait until you are on board.

Have a great trip and let us know all about it when you get back.

Catherine

"Hi cinta, I've noticed you will be on QV soon. It's your chance to have a Milky Way Martini."

Just been on QV in April and I asked for a Milky Way martini in the Commodore Club as I'd had them on QM2 in December. Unfortunately, QV doesn't do them so they did me a chocolate cocktail to try instead which was lovely but just not the same!

Looking forward to going back on QM2 next year for my Milky Way.

BTW, great waiter in QV Commodore Club, Kareem.

We never had a problem ordering something special in the Princess Grill. The Maitre'd even asked every day if there was anything else we would like.

We also asked for caviar on several occasions, never a charge.

Interesting. We had caviar 1 night,but were told it was extra charge over & above that. They must know how much I love Caviar LOL. If you've cruised the P Grill more than once, perhaps you get more rewards?

We ordered it in PG in February this year. Requested some the night before, and there was no extra charge. Mind you, it was only a small portion.

P1090105.jpg

It was also on the menu on another night on our trip. Not quite like we used to get on the Vistafjord, but not bad either!:)

If you "politely" remind your waiter.."If you take care of me..I'll take care of you" will work wonders. Even in Britannia you can get extras that way. We always requested a "Sorbet Intermezzo" after the appetisor & before the entree. Those around you will definately notice that!

Grill guests get quicker embarkation/disembarkation, a slightly wider choice on daily menu with an a la carte menu which remains the same for the duration of the voyage. Grill smaller with more chance of getting requested table size. Also have access to Queens Lounge, but this can get crowded, especially during afternoon tea.
Cabins larger with walk in wardrobe and bath and shower. That's about it.
If you can afford it go for a Queens Grill suite.

Archived