Can anyone tell me best time to board Explorer in Newark please ?

Last year went on Liberty and I was told that if we got to teminal by 10AM we could be on the ship by 11AM. This was sadly not true.

We got to terminal at 10AM and went upstairs thinking "Wow we are going to be on this baby any time soon" !!!

We went into a holding area and about an hour and fifteen later the room was full and then about 11:45AM we started to queue (get in line) to go through security. Cut a long story short we wern't on board until about 1PM.

SO, what would be the best time to get to ship for our 9 day Bermuda/Bahamas cruise on Explorer please ?

Thanks

Mike

Last year went on Liberty and I was told that if we got to teminal by 10AM we could be on the ship by 11AM. This was sadly not true.

We got to terminal at 10AM and went upstairs thinking "Wow we are going to be on this baby any time soon" !!!

We went into a holding area and about an hour and fifteen later the room was full and then about 11:45AM we started to queue (get in line) to go through security. Cut a long story short we wern't on board until about 1PM.

SO, what would be the best time to get to ship for our 9 day Bermuda/Bahamas cruise on Explorer please ?

Thanks

Mike

The Explorer is in Bayonne at Cape Liberty. Around same time there also..

The majority of the time boarding begins around 11am (give or take half an hour). However sometime there are delays in the prior sailing's arrival or debarkation which leads to embarkation of the next cruise being later. The cruise documents generally say to arrive around 2:00pm so that if boarding is delayed, the cruise line can avoid dealing with complaints by saying people arrived early. I always like to arrive by about 10:30am and hope that everything is going smoothly so that I can be on board as soon as possible. Howoever I recognize that in doing so, I may be faced with a long wait at the cruise terminal. If you do not want to risk a potentially long wait, show up around 1:00pm or so.

I have sailed on the Explorer from Cape Liberty twice. Both times we arrived at the port about 11:00 am. We were checked in and in the waiting room within 20 mins. We waited about 15 mins to board the bus to the ship.

I have sailed on the Explorer from Cape Liberty twice. Both times we arrived at the port about 11:00 am. We were checked in and in the waiting room within 20 mins. We waited about 15 mins to board the bus to the ship.

I also had same experience when I sailed on Explorer from Cape Liberty. It all depends on how soon the ship is cleared by customs and whether or not there are problems getting everyone off and cleared thru customs and security. I have never had to wait past 12 noon to board the ships I've been on.

I also had same experience when I sailed on Explorer from Cape Liberty. It all depends on how soon the ship is cleared by customs and whether or not there are problems getting everyone off and cleared thru customs and security. I have never had to wait past 12 noon to board the ships I've been on.

Thanks one and all.

I think we will leave our Hotel (Wyndham at Newark Airport) by taxi at about 11AM and head over to Explorer. Don't suppose anyone knows how much a cab from Airport area to Cape Liberty will be ?

Sorry but I'm flying into Newark which is where Cape Liberty Terminal is right ?
For those curious about New Jersey Geography...

The Cape Liberty Cruise Port is in the City of Bayonne. Bayonne is bordered by New York Bay on the East, and the narrow Newark Bay on the West. Newark Liberty International Airport is right across the bay. The airport is mostly located in Newark, but extends into Elizabeth.

Newark and Elizabeth are not generaly considered to be the most scenic parts of the state.

For those curious about New Jersey Geography...

The Cape Liberty Cruise Port is in the City of Bayonne. Bayonne is bordered by New York Bay on the East, and the narrow Newark Bay on the West. Newark Liberty International Airport is right across the bay. The airport is mostly located in Newark, but extends into Elizabeth.

Newark and Elizabeth are not generaly considered to be the most scenic parts of the state.

Depends what you consider scenic :)

when you literally smell that 'delightful aroma' in the air .. you know you are in Elizabeth. The true armpit of New Jersey ...

And NJ is the armpit of the nation so when you are in Elizabeth you are in the armpit of the armpit........

Native born NYer here, living in NJ now.

Thanks

Mike

We boarded by noon and were in our stateroom by 1:30!!!

Archived