Venice People Mover Open and Running

euro cruiser

Will the ACTV 12 hour card work on the Alilaguna M line from the Marittima port to San Marco (St Mark's Plaza)? or is the Alilaguna Line a private company. AND where would I go at the Marittima Port to catch the Alilaguna Line?

No, ACTV and Alilaguna are distinct companies, and their tickets are not interchangable.

Ok I've read this entire thread (very helpful)...but still have a question...hopefully some knowledgeable person can help me.

AND where would I go at the Marittima Port to catch the Alilaguna Line?

Copy and paste these numbers into google maps. 45.438343,12.311829

Paste them into the 'search maps' field. Don't forget the comma

In the satellite view, your cursor will be directly over a medium size white boat. This is an alilaguna water bus at it's dock. The dock is at the top end of the U of the maritime pier system. The ticket office is the small white building just north of the boat. Cheers

Ok I've read this entire thread (very helpful)...but still have a question...hopefully some knowledgeable person can help me.

Will the ACTV 12 hour card work on the Alilaguna M line from the Marittima port to San Marco (St Mark's Plaza)? or is the Alilaguna Line a private company. AND where would I go at the Marittima Port to catch the Alilaguna Line?

Linea M connects San Marco's Square with the Cruise port.

Tickets and Timetable (Click)

http://www.alilaguna.it/lineamarrone-eng.html

lineamarrone-small.jpg

The Venice Port Authority has updated their map to show the People Mover track (green line from Piazzale Roma to Tronchetto) and the location of the station at the Cruise Port

http://www.vtp.it/terminal/crociere.jsp

:)

So my question is....how much closer can you really get by road transportation from P.Roma?

Copy and paste these numbers into google maps. 45.438343,12.311829

Paste them into the 'search maps' field. Don't forget the comma

In the satellite view, your cursor will be directly over a medium size white boat. This is an alilaguna water bus at it's dock. The dock is at the top end of the U of the maritime pier system. The ticket office is the small white building just north of the boat. Cheers

wow thanks...worked like a charm...now can u find my lost school ring?:)

Thanks, Freckles, for the updated Port Authority map. It appears we would walk from wherever we get off our ship straight to what that little green square seems to represent for the People Mover; or, must we first pass through what is labeled as the Venezia Terminal Passegieri? If I also read correctly, it appears we would find the shuttle bus to Piazzale Roma in that corner between 103 and 107, represented by the little red or burgundy-colored square?

Archived