Carnival Spirit 12/6/10 CANCELLED?

Georgie562

I recevied an email notification saying that my booking has been cancelled due to changes, However why would I cancel my cruise? To top it off my room is available on the carnival website for others to grab. I DID NOT cancel! It seems that Im not the only one because my sister booked n the room next to mines also recevied the same email. I emailed my PVP and said shes looking into it but hasnt responded.

Anybody on this same cruise have this issue?

I hope thats not the case. I already have my time off work and everything which was very difficult to get.

If that is the case will they give us a refund even with early saver rate?

My first cruise with carnival we didnt make it to ports because of the swine flu

second cruise missed a port because the ship crashed into the dock

and now this. im bummed

I was booked on the 12/06 SPirit cruise and it has been cancelled. My travel agent called them and they sent me a letter (dated April 26, 2010) that they are cancelling all spirit cruises from 12/06/10 - 3/28/11, that's 14 cruises. Don't know how to attach the letter, but if anyone wants it, just email me at rottilover@live.com and I will email it to you. No one at Carnival can even help me rebook because no one there seems to be aware of it. What a pain!:(

I was booked on the 12/06 SPirit cruise and it has been cancelled. My travel agent called them and they sent me a letter (dated April 26, 2010) that they are cancelling all spirit cruises from 12/06/10 - 3/28/11, that's 14 cruises.

That sounds more like an extended dry dock :(

I called curing my lunch break and spoke to a normal rep and not my PVP since she doesnt seem to be responding. They also told me the same thing that some cruises got cancelled. and thay they are sending a letter out.

and they cannot be dry docking because the spirit just came out of a dry dock not too long ago....

I don't think im meant for cruising but Im scared of flying =(

You are correct. NONE of the agents know what is going on and the information will be released on Monday with the different options that will be offered. I can tell you all it is not a charter cruise and it is not a dry docking either.

If its not a charter and no dry dock, then its one of two things. They are going to make some kind of repair that does not need drydock, or they are attaching rockets to the ship and flying it to the moon. Waht better way to go there but on a cruise ship. Might have trouble breathing, but, what the heck.

Maybe Carnival is using the ship for a company cruise at that time. Not really a charter.

If know it all knows, why not spill the beans?

I am on the December 22 sailing, and I hope that it is not effected.

On both the consumer and travel agent website the 12-06 sailing is gone. All other dates are available for booking. Looks to me like a whole ship charter. :confused:

Probably correct.

Did you hear about the chartered nudist cruise that took place last March on Celebrity Constellation out of San Diego? YUK... glad I wasn't booked on the cruise after that...where would you sit??? HOOOO.... what a horrible image... all those old people who need ironing:eek:....YUK, YUK and double YUK!!

The following sail dates are the affected ones:

12/6/10, 12/14/10, 12/22/10, 01/07/11, 1/23/11,01/31/11,02/08/11

02/16/11, 02/24/11, 03/04/11, 03/12/11, 03/20/11, 03/28/11

the official announcement wont be out until monday.

some carnival reps know about it and some dont. I called earlier today and made them give me all they know.

Ugh, I'm on the 11/28 sailing...I hope mine doesn't get canceled. That really sucks for all of you guys.

We're on the 11-28 AND the 12-06 sailings. Ugh!!!

Haven't received any notice though. But it sure isn't an extended dry-dock.

Archived