Coach store aboard Oasis

Prices are the same, but NO tax...I was very disappointed once at the Louis store, they had no stock. *sniff sniff*, this is when I bought my pochette, they had nothing else.

Aaww...I hate that! Well at least you got something. I was in France and saw a purse I had bought here for 700 euros, my heart dropped bcuz for a sec I forgot it was Euro and I got excited, then after I did the $ exchange in my head it did come out to the same thing. I wish prices were different, but the LV gods know what they are doing :p

Well, yes, I know this. That's why my kids were making fun of me, because they know what I usually buy. I bought a lovely Dooney & Bourke bag 15 years ago, and had the strap shortened so it doesn't look so 90's. (Yes - still has the ducks on one side, and I still use it.). Bought a real Gucci bag in St. Thomas a million years ago, and I accidentally nicked my blue ballpoint pen on the strap. No one would try to clean it, even Mr. local Gucci. I actually did buy a Coach bag in Barbados in the late 80's on a Celebrity cruise, and it did last for about ten years. (I thought the leather was too soft, though). Some friends brought me back a Prada bag about six years ago, and I paid them the $180 cost. Still like my Target bag for local shopping, though!

Nothing wrong with inexpensive bags so long as it's what you like. :)

Okay I sell stuff on ebay including Coach. Go to Sawgrass Mills if you have time before or after and there is a Coach Outlet store there. About 20-25 minutes from the port. The store on board is definately retail and you can get the deals if you have a day before or hours to kill afterwards. Sawgrass is the largest outlet mall in the country. It is in the Florida tour books. Sweet. My sales pay for my cruises. Deals are good and they always give another 20% coupon as you walk through the doors from Wed thru Sunday. This week 30% on 250 or above, 20% below 250.

Good shopping everyone.

• 1 month later...
Prices are the same, but NO tax...I was very disappointed once at the Louis store, they had no stock. *sniff sniff*, this is when I bought my pochette, they had nothing else.

I hate to hear that. I was hoping to get a Speedy when I'm there next month. I hope they keep the classic bags in stock.

Not only do they not have the latest styles, but the selection is tiny! I am estimating that they maybe had 40 bags in the entire store, it is a very small space to begin with and they have to spread the inventory way out in the store just to make it look like they have anything at all.

I was very disappointed, was hoping to get a new wallet.

You can try calling them before you go. This was a few years back. the Gucci store had nothing but..... mens belts!!

For some reason, the Gucci store was not finished when I was there. I'll call them. I rememebr they had quite a few things when I was there, but I was not interested in buying at that time so I didn't really ask to see anything specific.

I don't like anything with "brand names or logos" In a nutshell: I'm cheap. I see no point in buying a coach bag on the ship.

I have a perfectly fine Coach store at my local mall- trust me if I'm going on I'd support my local store first. Coach isn't my style anyhow.

Alrana

I do not understand why they put so many expensive shops on these ships to entice people to buy when we have the same stuff at home? FOR one thing Coach, is in every higher class department store, and for the jewelry in the ship Oasis is not a good quality. My family are jewelers and they said Sophia Jewelry that they trying to push is not as good as the jewelry store you have back home, its similar to DI, and they are not the best choices. My DSinlaw brought a wallet at Coach and found a rip inside it, after spending close to 395.00 for a leather and suede with aligator. She tried to get it repaired but Coach said she had to return it where she bought it at. She could not she was not going on the cruise ship again. I told her to call or write a letter to the President of Coach and they never replied to her. I wrote a differernt letter I received a response in two days. They gave her an apology letter along with a new wallet. Sometimes being agressive can get you what you want in life and I am glad to be of some assistance to her.:D

I do not understand why they put so many expensive shops on these ships to entice people to buy when we have the same stuff at home? FOR one thing Coach, is in every higher class department store, and for the jewelry in the ship Oasis is not a good quality. My family are jewelers and they said Sophia Jewelry that they trying to push is not as good as the jewelry store you have back home, its similar to DI, and they are not the best choices. My DSinlaw brought a wallet at Coach and found a rip inside it, after spending close to 395.00 for a leather and suede with aligator. She tried to get it repaired but Coach said she had to return it where she bought it at. She could not she was not going on the cruise ship again. I told her to call or write a letter to the President of Coach and they never replied to her. I wrote a differernt letter I received a response in two days. They gave her an apology letter along with a new wallet. Sometimes being agressive can get you what you want in life and I am glad to be of some assistance to her.:D

Your family are jewelers yet your husband buys at Diamond International? I don't understand why they didn't fix the jewelry that didn't fit you if they are jewelers. You aren't keeping your stories straight. Here is a link to it so you can remember.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1204066&highlight=

Your family are jewelers yet your husband buys at Diamond International? I don't understand why they didn't fix the jewelry that didn't fit you if they are jewelers. You aren't keeping your stories straight. Here is a link to it so you can remember.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1204066&highlight=

I did not know that he purchased a necklace for me. DI would not fix the necklace back home. Since he had purchased it, They ought to fix it, but my family ( brother and sister own jewelry store back home in LI) I did not want to bother them with this, its up to DI to fix it, which they declined.

I do not have to explain to you all what they did, I was told by my family members that DI is not worth ever buying anything from them because they are crooks! "steal your money and break your heart", as the song goes!

I bought a purse in Coach on board Oasis yesterday. It was the only one in the store I liked, but I LOVED it. It's rather large and was $279. I'm not sure how new it is, but when I bought it the lady said it was the new collection and that no one at home will have it.

I love Coach so being able to buy one at sea was kind of neat for me.

I have many Coach bags and scarfs, keychains, ETC. You name it. But, I am not a cheerleader for coach. Its a nice product, I tend to prefer coachs all leather products. Anyway, it is NOT true that you have to return any

Coach item (wallet) to the store where you purchased it. That is just mis-information.

Also, to the poster about the coach bag you just purchased on Oasis, the salesperson is in sales, its her job to tell you no one at home will have it, but I am curious what pattern it is? That can help a lot of folks know wether or not the lines they carry on board really are new.

Also, to the poster about the coach bag you just purchased on Oasis, the salesperson is in sales, its her job to tell you no one at home will have it, but I am curious what pattern it is? That can help a lot of folks know wether or not the lines they carry on board really are new.

Well, she told me that AFTER I purchased it... so it's not like she was trying to get me to buy it. And it is the Julia Op Art Tote in gold... which is under "new arrivals" on the coach website. So I guess she wasn't lying. :p

• 3 weeks later...
From what I was told at my local Coach outlet; Coach coupons can only be used in a Coach outlet. On the otherhand, a Coach gift card can be used at either. I have 2 Coach stores and an outlet closeby, no fascination here. Also, Target seldom sells leather bags. In 2008, a british handbag designer did a line for target in the fall in patent leather.

Coach is only discounted on discontinued items that can only be found in outlets (& eBay). Dont think they give the outlet shops the "hard to find" items that are in demand or current. Im guessing the Oasis store is retail but has old discontinued colors, patterns and styles- if they had a bag in their plum color of aubergine it was very outdated. Coach brand is not a luxury brand like Louis or Prada that start at over $450+ a bag (you can buy a small pochette for around $285-). :cool:

There are both OUTLET coupons (they just handed one to me as I walked into a Coach outlet last week in Florida) and FULL PRICE RETAIL STORE coupons. Those are mailed to clients on their mailing lists, and they are for 25% off the full retail price. I get them probably four times a year.

The outlet coupons obviously won't work in the ship's Coach store, and I'm guessing that even the full price coupons won't either...but I may ask when I'm on Oasis in August just to see.

• 1 month later...
In Canada that is 13% of the price!!! It is a good deal to get things tax free.

and in other parts of Canada it's 15% :(

Even with our $ under par (but slowly creeping back up...) buying onboard can be a deal - $1000 item here = $1150, $1000 item there = $1050... justification at it's finest lol

Has anyone tried to use the Coach coupons we sometimes get?

I wonder if it would be allowed on the ship if I happened to get one before my sailing and was able to use before it expired. No tax and the coupon could add up to quite a savings.

I just booked Oasis today and my Ticker is quite depressing!! LOL

Where do the Coach coupons come from? I have several purses, and have sent in the paperwork for all of them...but, no coupons:(

• 4 weeks later...

Coach stands behind their products. I bought a purse from the outlet last X-mas. Paid about $120. On my June cruise, SIL said that it was shredding on the bottom. Took it to the local retail store (much closer than the outlet). I paid $20 for shipping. The store sent it to them. About 3 weeks later, I got a letter stating that the purse could not be fixed. The letter also stated that they were giving me credit for the full amount of the purse $353.57. It stated that I could use it at any retail store or the outlet. The only restriction was no coupon allowed.

I called the outlet and they said it was a regular store credit. I ran out there and got a wallet, a purse to replace the one that I didn't have, a hipster and cleaner (retail was over $650). Handed them the letter and I owed $12. That is great customer service.

Archived