Live From The Sun!

cruiserforlife

Ya Ya ~ definitely be sure to write a review when you return. It's great to hear from a new cruiser's perspective. And other new cruisers will love it to. Here's hoping you love it as much as the rest of us. Have a fabulous cruise!

Jack ~ I'm so sorry I neglected to mention our wonderful visit to your Sorrento Suite. Such a lovely cabin. If anyone has a chance to visit a suite, be sure to do it. As I recall, I had a very yummy chocolate covered strawberry!

Glad everyone has enjoyed the rather "long" review. Don't have any agents knocking on the door yet but if I do, I'll be happy to buy the next round of drinks when we cruise together again :)

To all those getting ready to sail, have a terrific time. To everyone who just returned, write and submit a review, no matter how short or long. Everyone appreciates your input.

Keep on cruising!

The Cruise Director was Gavin Chandler on the last cruise. I thought about posting but was having too much fun to spend time on the internet. bmc alabama.. was that you with the beautiful blond little girl in the tropical dress? She was adorable! I'm sorry we didn't get to meet.

The dining staff was exceptional as well as our cabin stewards. We had a balcony cabin on Aloha. Only once during the whole cruise was their a slight sewer smell and it was on day 9 in the staircase area and was on multiple floors. Lasted but a few min's. Definately no smell where our cabin was. For a ship of this age, the Sun is in great shape. Rooms are pretty small though with not much storage space. Large suitcases do fit under the beds which is good. The seperators on the balconies do open up (cabin steward can unlock them) We opened up between 4 rooms and it was nice and made the balcony not so confined. Made watching the Sunset with friends that much more enjoyable. It was my first princess cruise and a pretty good one. I compare it pretty evenly with most of the other lines I've cruised with. I did book a ghost booking for sometime in the future so there's a good chance I'll cruise with them again.

Ya Ya ~ definitely be sure to write a review when you return. It's great to hear from a new cruiser's perspective. And other new cruisers will love it to. Here's hoping you love it as much as the rest of us. Have a fabulous cruise!

Jack ~ I'm so sorry I neglected to mention our wonderful visit to your Sorrento Suite. Such a lovely cabin. If anyone has a chance to visit a suite, be sure to do it. As I recall, I had a very yummy chocolate covered strawberry!

Glad everyone has enjoyed the rather "long" review. Don't have any agents knocking on the door yet but if I do, I'll be happy to buy the next round of drinks when we cruise together again :)

To all those getting ready to sail, have a terrific time. To everyone who just returned, write and submit a review, no matter how short or long. Everyone appreciates your input.

Keep on cruising!

You're right Anne,everyone does appreciate reading this thread daily like I do...still keeping my last cruise fresh in mind (ah,if I close my eye's,I AM on Princess Cays!) and dreaming and planning for the next one.

For those who are departing and those who are embarking,thanks again for your input.

Sounds wonderful! We go next wk. I have a question. Was there a caribbean style band on board during the day most days? And what about sailaway?

There is a wonderful band that plays by the pool at each sail-away and during the "at-sea" days. They are called, "Deep Shade" and are very good. I hope you will enjoy them as much as we did. They also played for the Island Night activity during the cruise. This is a fun event that everyone should attend.

Thanks to all of you who have posted info about your cruise - we have 9 sleeps to go!! and reading these posts makes it all that more exciting.

Happy Cruising!

Ya Ya Cruiser, I wish we were going with you again! We had a great time on our cruise on the Sun. I think you are in for a real treat! For all of you who continue to post, I love reading this and keeping all the great cruise feelings going. We had one of our best cruises ever on the Sun that sailed on 2/17. I did post a review and some pictues we took of our CC group. Hopefully those of you who will be cruising will continue this thread for all of us to enjoy through your experiences as well.

Host Anne, Did your review ever show up? I haven't found it yet.

For those of you who would like a great land/beach tour in Antigua, we had a wonderful tour with "Lawrence of Antigua" We found out about this on CC prior to our cruise and want to thank all of you who told us about him.

Hi - Do you remember the waiter's name that was from Portugal? On the Regal 2 1/2 yrs ago we met 2 waiters from Portugal - Nelson & Rui. THEY WERE WONDERFUL and I would love to run into them again. Thanks for your help. Bobbi...

What is really wonderful about this thread is that it has extended my vacation (Jan 28-Feb7) for over a month! I check every morning to see what is new on the Sun and enjoy all the comments. Thanks to all of you for keeping this going. I need the thoughts of warm air and and blue seas with the snow falling and three new inches of the white stuff on the ground outside my window.

I wish I had known that the barriers on the balconys could be removed. Well, maybe next time.

For all future Sun cruisers, I hope your cruise is as enjoyable as ours was. We met so many great people. I wish you calm waters and beautiful sunsets!

Please keep it up!!

David

We had great service in the traditional dining room with Rudy from Grenada, and his assitant Mariano. Rudy has a charming, dry wit! We also had great service and nice chats with Rosalino, a waiter in the Wheelhouse Bar. I hope someone else gets to visit with them soon: Tell them the folks from Oregon sent you! The CD and his staff were lackluster except for Mandy. We enjoyed chatting with the future cruise sales rep, sorry but I cannot remember her name. Overall, though, the staff were great.

Ports: There is nothing in St. Vincent to do unless you take a tour. The Bailene Falls tour was cancelled due to recent heavy rains, and excursions to other parts of the island were extremely limited because we weren't in port for very long. We wandered the town a bit, but it is not a tourist destination. We enjoyed basking on the nearly empty Riviera deck that afternoon, though!

Don't book a scuba tour with Princess in St. Thomas---they "finished" a five hour excursion in three hours.

St Lucia: The cruise to the Pitons is a must! Scuba here is good. The poeple are friendly.

Grenada: Things don't run as smoothly because tours have had to make adjustments due to hurricane damage. The people are warm and friendly, so you will enjoy this island.

Martinique: The people are more reserved and quiet when compared to the other islands. We wandered around downtown, but next time we visit, I want to go to the botanical gardens and see more of the island.

The coffee was terrible, the Horizon Court food was inconsistent but at least edible, Verdi's pizza was good and the few shows that we saw were ok. The guy in the Atrium in the evenings was really bad, though.

We had a great time, and by the second day were already planning our next cruise with Princess!

jayne

Cruzzers ~ my review is now posted here on Cruise Critic. Here's a link http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=9268 ENJOY!

Bonnie-Jean ~ I do think that D753 was the suite we visited. It was lovely....a large living room area with a sofa and two comfortable chairs. A nice table, wet bar, balcony. Then there was a separate bedroom -- very roomy, a huge walk-in closet, a lovely bathroom. You'll love it. Jack and Louise had this cabin. If Jack stops back, I'm sure he'll give you more details. ENJOY!

Iluvcruzin ~ Where in Cincy are you?

To those on board Sun now....hope you are having a great time!

Thanks to all of those keeping us updated on the Sun. Hi to Anne!! Hope all is well in Cincinnati. It has been over a month since we were on the Sun and I am still enjoying hearing about it from recent cruisers.

I had read several times before our cruise how bad the coffee was, so was prepared. But, we thought it was fine both in the Horizon Court and in the dining room. Also, I remember Mandy from the cruise staff, and she was good, but we especially enjoyed Robyn. We also thought it was one of the better cruise staffs we have sailed with. Everyone has a different perspective, I guess.

iluvcruizin, yes, the ghost booking you spoke of is the best offer I've seen to get people to rebook w/Princess. All 3 couples in our party on the Tahitian Princess last Sept. did it. A savings in several areas! I know we'll probably do it again, though we also enjoy other cruiselines. Smart move by Princess!

Uh, oh, Bonnie Jean, now you are going to have to offer a "tour" of your suite so those in "steerage" can see what one looks like "live"! Right, YaYa Cruiser? (Well, perhaps you aren't in an inside cabin, but hey, I'd think anyone would want to see inside one of the nicest cabins!)

So glad to hear about Deep Shade! Sailaway is so much better w/MUSIC!

Absolutely, mlb. We did splurge on balcony cabins, but we'd all love to know what a suite looks like - Valli would be just sick for the experience - she's even more excited about all this than I am, and that's saying something! Dorte and Susan are excited, too - but slightly more reserved ;)

So, Bonnie - mlb has started something..............

Cheers,

Deb

Morning all Sun cruisers!

OK,who's getting on and who's getting off?

Well,I may not be cruising but at least a member of my family left this morning...my sister,brother-in-law,and niece are boarding the Diamond this morning for a week in the Mexican Riviera.It's their 2nd cruise and their 1st. with Princess so I think they'll be pleased.

I never did get to see Jack & Louise's suite but I understand it was quite the "palace".

Look forward to hearing more about the Sun!

CFL

Attn Bob-A-Loo: Sorry but I can't remember his name but it was neither of the ones you mentioned. I will send our tablemates an e-mail & see if they can remember his name.

As soon as I find more time, after doing laundry, fixing photos, catching up on mail, cleaning house, etc., I will write a longer review of our voyage, which was terrific. WE FIND WE CAN'T GET THRU THE DAY WITHOUT READING EVERYONE'S COMMENTS.

iluvcruisin....

which cabin did you have on the aloha deck? We leave in 27 days and have a-502 and 504.

Also, can anyone tell me if people dress real crazy for the island nite? As in hats, leis, etc. Just wondering how to pack for the extra acitivites.

SW

Anne - I live near Wyoming - North central part of Cincinnati. SW - I was in A336 which was located not to far from the elevators and stairs. You will like this side of the ship. We did the southern route and every day we watched the most beautiful sunsets from our balcony. As far as Island night.. Most wore tropical - carribean type of shirts. One person in our group (a male) wore a hula skirt. It was funny. They did the conga line, threw streamers and had a great band playing music. I'm not sure which itenerary you are going on, but if you are going to be stopping in St. Lucia, this is a good place to find a reasonable tropical shirt for a man or woman. There is a small shop that sells them for $15-18. Some sell them higher.. but look for the small shop that has sarongs outside. These Sarongs are very nice too - $10 for a large size that could be used for a table cloth if not a swimsuit coverup. The Island Night was the same night we were in St. Lucia.

Ok, MM now I'm offended. What happened to all that "exclusive" stuff? Sounds like you're looking for tablemates to me. Well, we wouldn't fit the bill anyway, although I was adopted and raised by a family with a long French name...? If you really want to express yourself email me (under some alias of course so as not to reveal you true identity) I'll give you another website that you might find interesting...

iluvcruzin ~ we're in Anderson....small world. I see you are doing the Delta Queen...are you boarding here? It's on my ist of cruises I want to do. Let us know how it is!

For everyone on the Sun now, here's hoping you are having a wonderful cruise!

Archived