Dream All Inclusive

In view of the letter - is anyone on here who has actually paid as an option on booking the full rate for All Inclusive going to request it be cancelled and expect a refund of that element of the original charge without any admin charge ?

We didn't 'pay' as such but booked early to ensure AI was included. It was the main deciding factor for us in booking with Thomson rather than P&O, the fact that ALL our drinks were included & the joy of cocktails on deck without a large bill at the end of it! We avoid AI holidays in Europe as a rule as the quality of drinks i.e. locally branded spirits etc can be on the rough side & not pleasant, the fact Thomson offered branded products was a major factor in our decision.

In view of the letter - is anyone on here who has actually paid as an option on booking the full rate for All Inclusive going to request it be cancelled and expect a refund of that element of the original charge without any admin charge ?

I'll let you know if we decide to cancel the drinks package.

Bottomline is, they sold the package to us, we never asked for it, and as far as i'm concerned they've went back on their word.

We sat in the shop laughing with the agent as she did our booking saying how we would be sampling the cocktails from the list, and me saying inbetween "Are you sure their all free?!" :rolleyes:

Including in the All Inclusive drinks offer is all soft drinks and branded alcoholic drinks (ie Smirnoff Vodka), wine and cocktails are also included. Excluded is champagne and premium branded drinks.

After reading messages on other thread last night above is the reply from Cruise deals when I emailed to ask about prices on Dream in June 2011.

Earlier tonight I attended a Thomas Cook cruise evening and spoke to the Thomson Rep there about it. Her reply was that they had realised they had offered a more generous package than others, so that was the reason for the change. When I mentioned I had a Dream preview brochure that stated a range of cocktails she said it would also sy in the brochure subject ot change. it doesn't it says subject to availability.

Just glad that on my Celebration cruise in 32 days that I didn't pay for the AI or would be disappointed compared to my November trip when I enjoyed working my way part down the cocktail menu. I'm now thinking it best to wait until late in future if I want to book another Thomson's cruise, but when I can extend holiday to 2 weeks instead of 1 I think there will be other companies in the reckoning for my booking.

I did pay last November and don't think the AI is worth neary £200, better to just pay as you drink.

We are going on the dream in Sept [ party 6, ] we booked this while on the Destiny last July 09 the day it went on sale. And of course we had the A1 . While on holiday in Nov the Dream went on sale for Cuba etc. The 6 of us were ready to book [ 2 of our party at home ] to do the booking for us all. The morning of day of sale we had a phone call telling us there was no A1 being given for early booking . The cost was almost £4,000.00 per couple deck 7 inside pre booked cabins [ the same as we have booked for the sept cruise ] Needless to say we did not book. Having cruised with Thomson before we make sure we book as soon as they go on sale for the A1 although I must say we off the ship all day and on average would have about 4 drinks per evening + 2 fruit drinks per day on board the only exception to this is the day at sea only 1 of our party has wine with the evening meal . The above price was paying for the A1 which was£780.00 per couple = 2 weeks. I emailed DAVID SELBY and I sent the same complaint by recorded letter.[ The same letter/email was also sent to Thomson holiday /cruises ] ]Asking why they had taken the so called free AI off This was in Nov 09 I have never had any reply from any member of Thomson. We were on the Destiny Caribbean Jan 09 excellent so much so we booked it again for Jan 2010 it was good but we noticed some cut backs . As for the A1 which we had ,On the last day we were on one of the last flights out , after lunch we went to the Clipper bar it was the last drink I would have on the ship so I asked 1st member of staff for a coffee & Tia Maria .which is in on the A1, I had this almost every evening in the clipper bar after the show. I was told they were out of Tia Maria the 2nd member of staff said no Tia Maria till later this afternoon [ Which was obvious after we had disembarked ] I was told “ you can have house brandy ,” which is like paint stripper [ one of our party had it one evening he forgot to say Napolian ] [ If you do not ask for brand name you will get the cheaper make.] The 1st member staff then came back and said yes I could have Tia Maria but you must pay. Which out of princeble I said no , this was around 2pm . When we started the cruise we were the last flight in we did not get on board until 6.30 pm , so missed out on that day. On all the passed Thomson Cruise’s [ we have been on the Destiny 4 times since Sept 2008 ] We have not had a problem . I would like to point out that we have a joke etc + always give a good tip to the staff who serve us . They are only following orders [ were have I heard that before ] Anyway I sent an email asking if this was the new rule and guess what NO REPLY. Now I read David Selby is complaining about Royal Caribbean muscling in as he puts it on his patch in the Med . Well that’s all I can say if Thomson thinks they can charge the prices for their cruises on the OLD ships [ the Dream is 20 + years old ] ,they had better take a good look on prices with the other cruise lines and what they are offering . As I said at the start The Dream for Feb 2011 with A1= £4,000.00 Take out the A1 = around £3,220.00 .We have booked P&O OCEANA Feb 2011 15 days [ PANAMA CANAL ] into ACAPULCO over night on board + next day .Huachuca , San Juan del sur, Panama canal ,Curacao , Catalina island, Tortola, Antigue, Barbados. We are on A deck [ top deck ] P &O DO NOT CHARGE FOR HIGHER DECK, once you have picked your cabin grade NOR DO THEY CHARGE FOR PRE BOOKING YOUR CABIN , ITS ON A FIRST COME [ book ] BASE , SO IT PAYS TO BOOK EARLY if you want a high deck and cabin of your choice .THE PRICE £3,220.00 PER COUPLE + £200.00 ON BOARD SPEND .bar prices are around the same as Thomson

David Selby instead of complaining about other cruise lines Muscling in HE SHOULD BE LOOKING HOW TO WIN NEW BUT MORE IMPORTANT KEEPING HIS UNTIL NOW LOYAL CRUISERS . THOMSON IS ONE OF THE ONLY CRUISE LINES THAT DO NOT GIVE YOU ANY LOYALTY REWARDS . When you look at the other popular cruise lines prices and what they offer Thomson are expensive with not a lot to offer . They should be looking at what incentives they can give LETS BE HONEST THE EXCELLENT A1 WAS THE ONLY THING THOMSON HAD GOING FOR IT. Don‘t get me wrong I have enjoyed every Thomson Cruise I have been on

I hope I will be saying that after we have been on the Dream . I do feel let down by Thomson , & when I now see what I could have booked with another line for a LOT LOT less than we are paying for the Dream. 2 of our party are thinking of cancelling . I for one will not be booking Thomson again until they improve on prices reinstate the full free A1 , and upgrade to better ships NOT call a 20 PLUS YEARS SHIP new .

THOMSON DESTINY SEPT 2007 MED

THOMSON EMERALD JUNE2008 GREEK ISLANDS

THOMSON DESTINY JAN 2009 CARIBBEAN

THOMSON DESTINY JULY 2009 MED

THOMSON DESTINY JAN 2010 CARIBEAN

THOMSON DREAM SEPT 2010 MED

P & O OCEANA FEB 2011 PANAMA CANAL

The possible issue for Thomson is that I have seen on many cruises with them some people who just order and order and order drinks and end up with a table full of them and then half of them are left. The abuse of this AI by a small minority may also be another factor as well as Thomson may wish to not become known as the cruises with people who are "tanked "up" all day. On some cruises some people never seem to leave the ship and for that matter never seem to leave the bar. For example on Med Ren cruise last Sept on the Destiny there was a crowd of about 12 or so who got progressively more drunk each day at the Mast bar and by mid afternoon were singing etc - slightly amusing initially but after a while it was a nuisance.

Me, not a happy bunny

When I mentioned I had a Dream preview brochure that stated a range of cocktails she said it would also sy in the brochure subject ot change. it doesn't it says subject to availability.

Did you point that out to her, and if you did did she give you an answer?

Change and availability are totally different IMO

Did you point that out to her, and if you did did she give you an answer?

Change and availability are totally different IMO

Would have done if I had the brochure with me. New brochure still says subject to availability - just looked.

We are going on the dream in Sept [ party 6, ] we booked this while on the Destiny last July 09 the day it went on sale. And of course we had the A1 . While on holiday in Nov the Dream went on sale for Cuba etc. The 6 of us were ready to book [ 2 of our party at home ] to do the booking for us all. The morning of day of sale we had a phone call telling us there was no A1 being given for early booking . The cost was almost £4,000.00 per couple deck 7 inside pre booked cabins [ the same as we have booked for the sept cruise ] Needless to say we did not book. Having cruised with Thomson before we make sure we book as soon as they go on sale for the A1 although I must say we off the ship all day and on average would have about 4 drinks per evening + 2 fruit drinks per day on board the only exception to this is the day at sea only 1 of our party has wine with the evening meal . The above price was paying for the A1 which was£780.00 per couple = 2 weeks. I emailed DAVID SELBY and I sent the same complaint by recorded letter.[ The same letter/email was also sent to Thomson holiday /cruises ] ]Asking why they had taken the so called free AI off This was in Nov 09 I have never had any reply from any member of Thomson. We were on the Destiny Caribbean Jan 09 excellent so much so we booked it again for Jan 2010 it was good but we noticed some cut backs . As for the A1 which we had ,On the last day we were on one of the last flights out , after lunch we went to the Clipper bar it was the last drink I would have on the ship so I asked 1st member of staff for a coffee & Tia Maria .which is in on the A1, I had this almost every evening in the clipper bar after the show. I was told they were out of Tia Maria the 2nd member of staff said no Tia Maria till later this afternoon [ Which was obvious after we had disembarked ] I was told “ you can have house brandy ,” which is like paint stripper [ one of our party had it one evening he forgot to say Napolian ] [ If you do not ask for brand name you will get the cheaper make.] The 1st member staff then came back and said yes I could have Tia Maria but you must pay. Which out of princeble I said no , this was around 2pm . When we started the cruise we were the last flight in we did not get on board until 6.30 pm , so missed out on that day. On all the passed Thomson Cruise’s [ we have been on the Destiny 4 times since Sept 2008 ] We have not had a problem . I would like to point out that we have a joke etc + always give a good tip to the staff who serve us . They are only following orders [ were have I heard that before ] Anyway I sent an email asking if this was the new rule and guess what NO REPLY. Now I read David Selby is complaining about Royal Caribbean muscling in as he puts it on his patch in the Med . Well that’s all I can say if Thomson thinks they can charge the prices for their cruises on the OLD ships [ the Dream is 20 + years old ] ,they had better take a good look on prices with the other cruise lines and what they are offering . As I said at the start The Dream for Feb 2011 with A1= £4,000.00 Take out the A1 = around £3,220.00 .We have booked P&O OCEANA Feb 2011 15 days [ PANAMA CANAL ] into ACAPULCO over night on board + next day .Huachuca , San Juan del sur, Panama canal ,Curacao , Catalina island, Tortola, Antigue, Barbados. We are on A deck [ top deck ] P &O DO NOT CHARGE FOR HIGHER DECK, once you have picked your cabin grade NOR DO THEY CHARGE FOR PRE BOOKING YOUR CABIN , ITS ON A FIRST COME [ book ] BASE , SO IT PAYS TO BOOK EARLY if you want a high deck and cabin of your choice .THE PRICE £3,220.00 PER COUPLE + £200.00 ON BOARD SPEND .bar prices are around the same as Thomson

David Selby instead of complaining about other cruise lines Muscling in HE SHOULD BE LOOKING HOW TO WIN NEW BUT MORE IMPORTANT KEEPING HIS UNTIL NOW LOYAL CRUISERS . THOMSON IS ONE OF THE ONLY CRUISE LINES THAT DO NOT GIVE YOU ANY LOYALTY REWARDS . When you look at the other popular cruise lines prices and what they offer Thomson are expensive with not a lot to offer . They should be looking at what incentives they can give LETS BE HONEST THE EXCELLENT A1 WAS THE ONLY THING THOMSON HAD GOING FOR IT. Don‘t get me wrong I have enjoyed every Thomson Cruise I have been on

I hope I will be saying that after we have been on the Dream . I do feel let down by Thomson , & when I now see what I could have booked with another line for a LOT LOT less than we are paying for the Dream. 2 of our party are thinking of cancelling . I for one will not be booking Thomson again until they improve on prices reinstate the full free A1 , and upgrade to better ships NOT call a 20 PLUS YEARS SHIP new .

THOMSON DESTINY SEPT 2007 MED

THOMSON EMERALD JUNE2008 GREEK ISLANDS

THOMSON DESTINY JAN 2009 CARIBBEAN

THOMSON DESTINY JULY 2009 MED

THOMSON DESTINY JAN 2010 CARIBEAN

THOMSON DREAM SEPT 2010 MED

P & O OCEANA FEB 2011 PANAMA CANAL

I was at home the day the 2011 cruises went on sale and was really upset that no free AI was being offered as we'd fancied going on the Dream as well. We shopped around and I've got 2 weeks on Oceana going to the Panama Canal as well!! We're going on 31st January, it's a Portunus Cruise so we've got double OBC + extra £50 each from Bolsover Cruise Club. Thomson's are going to be losing customers at a rate of knots if they carry on with this restrictive/no free AI.

Ann

Hi Jim

I thought that would get you going:D

It was a quality rant Linda

I had heard that OV was better,so what is the difference then ?

Linda xx

Eh,must admit I don`t know :DOnly going on what fellow cruisers comments we met on OV2 who had been on OV and preferred OV2.Again its all about personal choice

Jim, Tried booking it for next year yes..but as in another thread won't let me book for 14 days :mad:

Anways, taking ALL my family next year :eek: 3 children (adults) and Partners + 1 granddaughter, Mum n Dad and of course us, Going to be a tad expensive me thinks, but after what has happened just lately..said that's it one last family Holiday before I pop my Cloggs :D

Must get round to typing day 2 soon :cool:

Paranoia now kicks in and suggests that the reason you can't book a 14 nighter is because there arn't any :eek:

Thomsons only want to sell 7 nighters because 2 of em back to back means more profit!

For those who have the brochure, are 14 nighters in there!

At the very top of the page, click on the "contact us".

http://www.thomson.co.uk/cruise.html

This just takes me around in a loop! There is an email address to use 'during your holiday' and one to use upon your return but not an email address for pre-travel, it tells you to phone (at 5p a minute, spent 8 minutes listening to music & then hung up) or an address to write too (but I want an answer ASAP) so could you tell me the actual email address you used please??

Paranoia now kicks in and suggests that the reason you can't book a 14 nighter is because there arn't any :eek:

Thomsons only want to sell 7 nighters because 2 of em back to back means more profit!

For those who have the brochure, are 14 nighters in there!

14 nighters in the brochure with free AI upgrade

This just takes me around in a loop! There is an email address to use 'during your holiday' and one to use upon your return but not an email address for pre-travel, it tells you to phone (at 5p a minute, spent 8 minutes listening to music & then hung up) or an address to write too (but I want an answer ASAP) so could you tell me the actual email address you used please??

Help And Assistance

Pre Travel Services

contactus@thomson-cruises.com

Anways, taking ALL my family next year :eek: 3 children (adults) and Partners + 1 granddaughter, Mum n Dad and of course us, Going to be a tad expensive me thinks, but after what has happened just lately..said that's it one last family Holiday before I pop my Cloggs :D

Spending the childrens inheritance?:D

Archived