Dream All Inclusive

do you think the AI package will be changed on our cruise next week, ive seen bar menus for this year on the celebration and you get a choice of cocktails and drinks in all venues will be pi--ed off if its changed now

do you think the AI package will be changed on our cruise next week, ive seen bar menus for this year on the celebration and you get a choice of cocktails and drinks in all venues will be pi--ed off if its changed now

Hopefully with all the complaints from us all here along with complaints from it's first lot of passengers something will get sorted, and quick!.

I would speak to Trading Standards like i have, even the Citizens Advice to see if they can do something.

Thomsons name is really going down in my estimations i know that much, but i won't give up without a fight. I'm really not one to complain, but i hate having the wool pulled over my eyes, so they'll get sick before i do on this!!:mad:

My husband phoned Thomson today as I was at work! He too was told that they had received no complaints following the 5 day cruise & any 'issues' that did arise were down to problems following the 'ash' crisis i.e. staff not being able to be flown in & supplies running very low. He specifically asked about the complaints regarding the AI prorgram & was told "the programme will operate the same as throughout the rest of the fleet". She suggested that the list may have been restricted due to 'supply' problems but assured him that ALL issues will be ironed out & resolved within the next 10 days!

Oh for goodness sake! Last week you were all praising Thomson and now you are all slagging them off:mad:

If you are getting FREE All inclusive and what you want is not on there, why don't you pay for it. If you didn't have the free AI, you would have to pay for it anyway, wouldn't you:confused:

If you are paying nearly £400 for it, then that is different.

Likewise, the choice of itineries for next year. You DON'T HAVE TO GO with Thompson ! There are dozens of other cruise lines to choose from :p Sorry, but I don't understand why people have to go with the same lines all the time. It's not just Thomson, I know people who will only go with P&O and others with Princess etc.

We have been with 4 cruiselines so far and liked them all (except OV:()

We choose by the itinery and price not the line.

OK RANT OVER!!!

Linda:):)

Oh for goodness sake! Last week you were all praising Thomson and now you are all slagging them off

If you are getting FREE All inclusive and what you want is not on there, why don't you pay for it. If you didn't have the free AI, you would have to pay for it anyway, wouldn't you

If you are paying nearly £400 for it, then that is different.

Likewise, the choice of itineries for next year. You DON'T HAVE TO GO with Thompson ! There are dozens of other cruise lines to choose from Sorry, but I don't understand why people have to go with the same lines all the time. It's not just Thomson, I know people who will only go with P&O and others with Princess etc.

We have been with 4 cruiselines so far and liked them all (except OV)

We choose by the itinery and price not the line.

OK RANT OVER!!!

Linda:):)

6.gif

You thought of doing an anger management course Linda?;)

Just for the record,been 3 times with OV and thought they were excellent.That should read OV2 as theres a marked difference between the 2 ships

Just for the record,been 3 times with OV and thought they were excellent.That should read OV2 as theres a marked difference between the 2 ships

Hi Jim

I thought that would get you going:D

I had heard that OV was better,so what is the difference then ?

Linda xx

calm down lol x

Sorry, my team (Oxford United) playing first leg of play-offs tonight and listening on radio, so stressed:rolleyes::rolleyes: Should have won the league, miles ahead at Christmas, then collapsed after that, ended up 3rd.

Same old Oxford:mad: taking the "you know what"

Linda

If you are getting FREE All inclusive and what you want is not on there, why don't you pay for it

This being the reason why i asked Thomsons 3 times if they were sure all the cocktails were included because it sounded too good to be true.

What were all annoyed at is the way they've worded it, so if this is the case then yes, i'll be asking for my money back and pay for the drinks that i want without being limited to one choice of cocktail per night!

This being the reason why i asked Thomsons 3 times if they were sure all the cocktails were included because it sounded too good to be true.

What were all annoyed at is the way they've worded it, so if this is the case then yes, i'll be asking for my money back and pay for the drinks that i want without being limited to one choice of cocktail per night!

Fair enough:)

All Inc upgrade was one of the reasons for booking early with Thomson. If it had been clear that it was going to be so limited, I'd have looked at other cruise lines as well. We all love the atmosphere of Thomson cruises, I think that's why we're all so disappointed at this penny pinching attitude. We've been doing AI for 18 years now and you've always had a good choice of drinks and cocktails and no restrictions as to where you can get them from. I'm still hoping that it's all going to turn out to be a misunderstanding. Fingers, and everything else, crossed.:cool:

I'm still hoping that it's all going to turn out to be a misunderstanding. Fingers, and everything else, crossed.:cool:

Same here Rosie. I like to get everything like this sorted before we go away, because i hate being in the situation that our friends and others have just been in and having to come back and complain :(

Have I imagined it or have I read somewhere that there is only one cocktail a day, different every day, but you can have more than one?

If so is it that bad? If you can have a choice of cocktail and but only one, over a week will it matter?

I love a drink but it won't spoil my holiday, choose something else, or even better just order shorts and mixers/fruit juice and mix your own:D

Much as expected

Why is everybody possibly dealing with the proverbial monkey and not the organ grinder ?

If you wish to raise an issue ask to speak to someone in importance and get a name and full clarification- not just someone who answers the phone after you have no doubt been on hold.

I hope it is resolved to everyone's satisfaction - or should those concerned await further reviews to confirm if the situation has changed after the 1st cruise ?

The Dream photos thread has a pdf of Thomsons letter to passengers which confirms that they have indeed changed the AI to the much more restrictive one.

they are using the pound/euro exchange rate as a excuse for the bean counters spoiling lots of peoples holidays

Of course if the exchange rate improves they will reinstate the previous policy won't they? NOT:mad:

Lucky for me that my AI's are free and I can get by on beer and cheap 'house' G&T's. I will miss the old Tequila Sunrises though.

Have I imagined it or have I read somewhere that there is only one cocktail a day, different every day, but you can have more than one?

If so is it that bad? If you can have a choice of cocktail and but only one, over a week will it matter? :D

Correct, but there are couple of cocktails i don't like, so sods law they would be the ones thats on that day :rolleyes:

If you wish to raise an issue ask to speak to someone in importance and get a name and full clarification- not just someone who answers the phone after you have no doubt been on hold.

To be honest i like clarification in black and white or face to face which is why i'm going into the agents next week, and then i'll be asking for written confirmation if something gets sorted.

It's the Office Manager in me! ;)

Hi Mack11 and Julie I know you are going on the dream May 18th have you received tickets yet, I am also going that date no tickets yet , someone going 1st June have got theirs.

Hi Beth, no, i'm not going on it until September :D

Correct, but there are couple of cocktails i don't like, so sods law they would be the ones thats on that day :rolleyes:

To be honest i like clarification in black and white or face to face which is why i'm going into the agents next week, and then i'll be asking for written confirmation if something gets sorted.

It's the Office Manager in me! ;)

Black and white is best but if time is of the essence ...........

Black and white is best but if time is of the essence ...........

I have until September, but i'll be happier to get everything sorted now rather than later, plus if i get any feedback on the e-mail i've already sent Thomsons yesterday to help others going earlier?

All Inc upgrade was one of the reasons for booking early with Thomson. If it had been clear that it was going to be so limited, I'd have looked at other cruise lines as well. We all love the atmosphere of Thomson cruises, I think that's why we're all so disappointed at this penny pinching attitude. We've been doing AI for 18 years now and you've always had a good choice of drinks and cocktails and no restrictions as to where you can get them from. I'm still hoping that it's all going to turn out to be a misunderstanding. Fingers, and everything else, crossed.:cool:

It's not a misunderstanding rosiebee - like you I've not been able to believe it wasn't some kind of mistake. But look at the Dream photos thread - there's a copy of a letter from Thomson explaining the 'new' AI - especially to those who have travelled with them previously. Might have been more honest to TELL us before we booked!!!!

We actually don't drink that much and only have AI as a freebie for early booking - but that's not the point. It's about being straight with us and honest. I'm disappointed in this change of policy - and disappointed in the way Thomson have handled it too. :(

Might have been more honest to TELL us before we booked!!!!

It's about being straight with us and honest. I'm disappointed in this change of policy - and disappointed in the way Thomson have handled it too. :(

That's exactly whats irked us :(

Archived