New restriction $250 future cruise credit: 6 day or longer cruises

We bought another $250 future cruise credit. I noticed that this time there was a restriction that it could be only be used for 6 day or longer cruises. This policy started on 4/1/10 according to the future cruise consultant.

We usually buy one on each cruise and we usually cruise once a year. The 6 day or longer restriction is not a big deal to us as we only did one NCL cruise for less than 6 days. (3 day Pacific Coast Repo last year).

Guess NCL lost $$ when I booked the 3 day Repo last year for the cruise credit plus $24 for final payment.

One plus is one has 4 years to book/take the future cruise. :) Too bad I didn't buy more than one last year as I bought it on May 1 '09 which would have been good for 4 years!

We purchased an FCC on our Spring Break cruise 3 weeks ago and noticed this change too. We usually cruise during major holidays and during school breaks when the pricing is always higher compared to other sailings. These are perfect for these weeks. Even with pricing going up, I still think they are a good deal.

I noticed this on the Sky last week. We were going to buy two, but our next trip is only going to be 5 days so we didn't. Our cruise in 2012 might be a 7 day so we'll buy one next year (if they don't change the rules again).

We plan on buying one on our Sept/Oct cruise on the Sun.

The 6 days or more is no problem for us since we prefer cruises that are a week or more.

We figure that by the time we do a flight and a connecting flight to get to a port, and then stand in an embarkation line, sometimes for quite awhile, we want to then be on the ship for at least a week.

The future credit is something I have no experience with. Can someone please explain about it, are you paying face value for a future on board credit? Is it a reduction on a deposit on a future cruise? (Evidently now for one of almost a week minimum). What exactly does the future booking credit do?? And, if I can't use it before its expiration can it be signed over or given to someone else to use?

Thanks in advance

The future credit is something I have no experience with. Can someone please explain about it, are you paying face value for a future on board credit? Is it a reduction on a deposit on a future cruise? (Evidently now for one of almost a week minimum). What exactly does the future booking credit do?? And, if I can't use it before its expiration can it be signed over or given to someone else to use?

Thanks in advance

You pay $250 for the certificate and receive an immediate $100 OBC. Then you use the certificate as the full deposit on a future sailing with the exception of the upper level suites. You may transfer the certificate to others.

Thanks for the info, we just got back from the Pacific NOWest cruise. For us, this certainly is no problem: we always book 7 days or longer. I am not sure this is a problem period for most. I do understand. The 3 and 4 day cruises can be so cheap, that given the $100 OBC, you could almost not owe anything.

Nita

Archived