Are connecting cabins noisy?

How lucky all the above posters have been..I however would not take the chance if there was something else available..Also just a feeling of a lack of privacy...JMHO...of course...If there was noise...which I have read about on these boards...many would not take the chance again..Good luck to you..Hope you're not back with a bad experience to tell ;)

We had connecting on our Voyager cruise in March. Our 12 & 14 year olds were in the connecting room. When the door was closed there was no noise whatsoever. I would keep the door open a smidge so I could hear the kids come and go. It was way too quiet with the door closed.

It may just depend on who your neighbors are. :confused:

We had connecting on our Voyager cruise in March. Our 12 & 14 year olds were in the connecting room. When the door was closed there was no noise whatsoever. I would keep the door open a smidge so I could hear the kids come and go. It was way too quiet with the door closed.

:rolleyes:..Not the same thing at all..since they were your kids you could have opened the door and told them to quite down..Not so if it's a stranger..Then you would be dealing with a totally different situation..Not much anyone could do if it was a baby crying..as posted above..Chances of having another cabin to move you to...doubtful..Unless you want a connecting cabin..why take the chance..Leave those for the passengers that need them...

:rolleyes:..Unless you want a connecting cabin..why take the chance..Leave those for the passengers that need them...

We didn't get it through choice but because it was the cheapest price midship and with a balcony. It was the cabin suggested by our TA so we weren't taking it from someone who needs it!!

We didn't get it through choice but because it was the cheapest price midship and with a balcony. It was the cabin suggested by our TA so we weren't taking it from someone who needs it!!

Sorry..you took my comment so personal...My point was WHEN there is a CHOICE..which in your case there wasn't....:rolleyes:..Enjoy your cabin..hope you have quiet neighbors..

Sorry..you took my comment so personal...My point was WHEN there is a CHOICE..which in your case there wasn't....:rolleyes:..Enjoy your cabin..hope you have quiet neighbors...

Yes fingers crossed! ;)

We had a connecting promenade room on the Voyager and I thought a lot of noise came through the connecting door. I could almost clearly hear their conversations. I'm sure they could hear both of us snoring:o I will not by choice book a connecting room again.

Beth

Yes..the "neighbors" in the cabin connecting to yours.:)

Your varied comments--I appreciate every one of them!--have confirmed what we all know: The consideration of guests in neighboring cabins determines the noise (and subsequent enjoyment) of one's own cabin!

For the 2009 Holiday Cruise on the Radiance, I had a lovely balcony cabin on Deck 9...unfortunately, neighbors were loud and/or sick during sleep hours and smoked on balcony during most daylight hours. It was not the two-week escape I had pictured! Just had to 'repaint' my canvas...;) T

PS I do plan to check w/TA on possible change of cabin. Thanks to all!

Archived