I was told there not a such thing as a dumb question

flimflubin

I"m confused!!!!! We will be sailing on Princess Emerald for 10 days leaving on Sept 29th. I went to Pricess website and it has pier 2/ section 2 located on Northport section Port Everglades. So should I find a hotel in the fort Lauderdale area or Port Everglades area...this is my first cruise.

Thanks

I"m confused!!!!! We will be sailing on Princess Emerald for 10 days leaving on Sept 29th. I went to Pricess website and it has pier 2/ section 2 located on Northport section Port Everglades. So should I find a hotel in the fort Lauderdale area or Port Everglades area...this is my first cruise.

Thanks

Hi:) Port Everglades is the name of the port that the ships sail from.

So, finding a hotel NEAR the port would be a good thing...and that

is Ft. Laurderdale:D;)

There are many hotels near it...along 17th Street, along A1A (that is the beach)

those are 2 areas near the port. Check out different threads on this forum and you

will find alot of hotels:)

Like Lois said, 17th St is the place to stay...walking distance to alot of resturants, shops, etc.

Embassy Suites on 17th is our favorite....

Bob, what's the usual nightly rate at these hotels? Do they have shuttle service from the airport and to the ship (next day)?

Bob, what's the usual nightly rate at these hotels? Do they have shuttle service from the airport and to the ship (next day)?

Don't get hungup on getting a hotel with a shuttle; it's not worth it. Easier and quicker to just get a cab. Many hotels have specials on their websites, or use Hotwire or Priceline.

Thanks

Don't worry, the cab driver will know where to take you to board your ship.They do it all the time. Enjoy! You're in for a treat!

Hyatt Place north FLL near the port has free airport shuttle but the free port shuttle service may not be consistantly offered. Taxis are under $20 from the airport to the port hotels and under $15 from there to the port.

Archived