"LIVE" From Explorer of the Seas / May 8, 2010

Hi Radio,

Thank you so much for taking us along with you on this cruise, I just got off the Summit on May 2 for our week cruise to Bermuda, so this was a perfect way to help with my Post Cruise Blues. And of course I have been on the EOS also, so wonderful memories.

I do have a question, do you get any free Internet minutes with your D or D+ coupons? On Celebrity at Elite you do get 90 min of free Internet.

Safe trip home and I have marked, in my agenda, for your next cruise. I have never been on Carnival, so look forward to cruising through your eyes.

Thanks again.

Suz

I would love it if someone could tell me what the deal is about Wi-fi on board EOS. What are the charges and how does it work? Can you connect in your cabin or off your deck? Please help with this question. Thanks.:)

Welcome home, Radio! You deserve a standing ovation for the wonderful job you did with the pictures and updates. Glad you had a wonderful time. Felt we were sailing with you. (We love Bermuda and have been there via ships a few times and can't wait to go again - just don't know when!

We look forward to your next "Radio Show" in June.

Stay well, safe and happy!

Hi Radio!

Looks like you had a great cruise! I just had a quick question about the balconies on Explorer of the Seas (I'll be sailing her in July, 9-nights!). We have a balcony stateroom on deck 6 (our first balcony!) and I was wondering how they were set up in relation to other decks? For example, we sailed on Princess last year and we're invited into a balcony stateroom that looked down on the balcony of the stateroom on the floor below it. Are balconies on Explorer overlooking/overlooked by any other balconies?

If anyone else knows feel free to chime in! Thanks a lot!

Nicole

Hi Radio!

Looks like you had a great cruise! I just had a quick question about the balconies on Explorer of the Seas (I'll be sailing her in July, 9-nights!). We have a balcony stateroom on deck 6 (our first balcony!) and I was wondering how they were set up in relation to other decks? For example, we sailed on Princess last year and we're invited into a balcony stateroom that looked down on the balcony of the stateroom on the floor below it. Are balconies on Explorer overlooking/overlooked by any other balconies?

If anyone else knows feel free to chime in! Thanks a lot!

Nicole

Not Radio but I can answer. We had cabin 6362 on the cruise before Radio. It was very isolated. Couldn't see the neighbors, and if we wanted to look down we had to lean over to look. All in all, it was a great spot.

Only problem with balconies on deck 6 is that you can't see the water if you are sitting down as they have a metal front whereas the balconies on decks 7 and above have plexiglass. Ask your TA if you can get a balcony on a higher deck. If you are on the side of the ship you can't see down into another balcony. If you are in one of the aft cabins on 6 (6688 or 90), you can't see the water, just a grey deck in front of you. From some upper decks you can see down into aft cabins.

There is a site that you can go to to see your exact cabin. I think it's www.voyagerclass.com but i'm not positive.

Cheryl

It turns out that today was filled with rain, clouds, and rough seas. . .

W20.JPG

Here's a picture from one of Radio's earlier posts... you can see how the balconies are arranged with respect to each other.

Theron

Radio.....

I can't thank you enough for your wonderful posts! Those pictures are just wonderful!

I was on the May 2nd Summit cruise to Bermuda and inadvertently left my camera on board with all my shots of the cruise, so yours have filled an empty spot. They sure revived the memoties I have.

Well done, and again, many, many thanks!

M.

I feel sad the cruise is over and I am not even on it!

I was thinking the same thing as I saw the pictures of the ship heading back to Cape Liberty!!! I love all of the live reports.

Gosh, now I feel like I don't have anything to look forward to when I pop into Cruise Critic! Maybe we should all pool our money together to send Radio on a Tahitian cruise. I would love a live report on that. :)

A short cruise like this always ends too early.

Radio does such a great job with his photo essays that I feel like I am on the trip with him and feel let down when the voyage ends. :(

Looking forward to the rest of Megs' B2B2B.

I was thinking the same thing as I saw the pictures of the ship heading back to Cape Liberty!!! I love all of the live reports.

Gosh, now I feel like I don't have anything to look forward to when I pop into Cruise Critic! Maybe we should all pool our money together to send Radio on a Tahitian cruise. I would love a live report on that. :)

That's what I'm talking about ! :D

I made it home by 1:30PM !

Radio

;);)

Welcome back Radio! Your photos and thoughts have made my days bright!

Why did you remove EPIC from your upcoming cruises?? It was one ship I was dying to read your thoughts on?? Change your mind Radio....work is for sissy's your fans need you out there living the life we want to be!! LOL:o

Looking forward to June!

Radio, I'll be on the Explorer in just two weeks from today (can't wait!) for the 9 night cruise to Bermuda and the Eastern Caribbean, and while your live reports and absolutely gorgeous photos have helped the time go a bit more quickly, they've also made me even more excited to be back on board again! Thank you for taking the time and effort to do this for those of us living vicariously through you.

Radio,

Thanks for sharing the past few days with Deb, Pete and I. We thoroughly enjoyed your company and hsopitality. I hope to be able to cruise with you in the future. [Nice bridge picture!]

Ken