Reservation Website the WORST

OC PAT

I use firefox as my browser and have had the same problems as the people have reported above. At work where firefox is not available I had to use internet explorer, and guess what, no problems. I think if you are using some other browser that if you revert to IE your problems will probably disappear.

Same here, but just the opposite. Tried to book excursions from work (on my lunch hour of course!) and i could get all the way to the payment part but couldn't finish. Never had any problems at home where I use Internet Explorer. Just booked 3 excursions for my upcoming Alaska trip, applied onboard credit from my Carnival CC, and printed all my docs from home with no trouble.

I agree that their website is horrible. I can't even open deck plans half of the time. I'm looking into booking a large family cruise and wanted to see what kind of rooms are available for my kids and their famalies and have had so much trouble doing it that I am ready to give up.

We're using google chrome and IE and have had no problem with the website. We have our excusions booked, funpass and etc completed, and some wine ordered for the room. There have been times it would lock up, but we would just wait and try again later.

It would seem to me that Carnival would be more attentive to their web site and its issues since that's how most people find cruises, regardless of how they eventually book them. I have constant issues with the website on my home computer, no problems at work, which would tell me there is something wrong with my settings at home. Despite three calls to Carnival, no answers to this. Their only response is to tell me to delete cookies. I'm not very tech savvy, so this is frustrating to me. I guess I'll need to hire a "geek" to fix my settings, and hopefully then can use the Carnival site at home.

It would seem to me that Carnival would be more attentive to their web site and its issues . . .

Yep, it would seem. :rolleyes:

Many on these board know that I personally view the CCl web site to be the armpit of the industry. Yes, I'm very aware that it is "award winning" and voted Best Site, but that was only by readers of Port Hole Magazine, and not by their peers or those really within the industry. Would be interesting to see the results of only voted on my travel agents who use the site repeatedly every day. Most of the ones I've spoken to detest it.

But it is what it is, and I'll just have to deal with it for the length of time I continue to sail with Carnival.

But regarding the IT team being attentive to the issues/challenges: . . I'll re-share something I posted late last year. During one particular Carnival Dream sailing last December, the director & general manager of Carnival Online (Jordan Corredera) was onboard for a session with some passengers regarding their thoughts of the CCL site. Their feedback proved to be . . . well . . . less than positive.

That evening as he was passing by one of the Fun Hub stations, he was able to see the results of his handiwork, as a dozen computer screens had the "Dude - It's not my fault" error message showing. Several passengers were taking pictures and laughing at the irony. :)

853347544_8Js97-L.jpg

853347607_9hJox-L.jpg

Would be interesting to see the results of only voted on my travel agents who use the site repeatedly every day.

Would be interesting to see the results if only voted on by travel agents who use the site repeatedly every day. :o :o

We're using google chrome and IE and have had no problem with the website. We have our excusions booked, funpass and etc completed, and some wine ordered for the room. There have been times it would lock up, but we would just wait and try again later.

Try to look at shore excursions for a cruise you "don't" have booked yet...:eek:

Everything works well for booked cruises but, if you are planning a cruise it is a whole different story now......;)

Somehow I find my way in and then could not figure out how to get to the end of the form because there was no scroll bar.

Which browser are you using? When I look at Carnival's site in Firefox, this happens to me as well...no scroll bars to be found. I don't seem to have that problem in Internet Explorer.

Archived