Reservation Website the WORST

OC PAT

I have just spent 2 miserable hours trying to register for my cruise. It refused to take my password, so I let them give me a new one, yep, I still can not get in that door. Somehow I find my way in and then could not figure out how to get to the end of the form because there was no scroll bar. So I finally figure to make the print smaller and smaller..down to 30%. Not sure my information is correct because I could not see what I was doing! After all that I saw that the last letter from my name has been dropped. I called my TA and he has calmed me and will get it right when he gets home. I tried getting in under the wrong spelling and still no way! Why would Carnival put it's guest through this misery? This is my 12th cruise and I have never been so challenged. What do I expect, they do not show that I was on the Carnaval in 1977? Sorry just needed to vent.

OC PAT

IF you have a TA that is not from Carnival they should have sent you an e-mail with you already registered. You should just have to click on MY Cruise and you should be there. You should not have to go through all that trouble with the web site!!

I did get the email for guest confirmation. I think going to "my cruise" was how I got in.Some of my info was in but not credit card, flight, hotel and pass port. I book my own flights and hotels. My TA will take care of it now. I still think Carnival should fix/improve this website. I have done this with Royal Car., Celebrity, Holland America and Norwegian and never encountered this type of misery

I did our registration last night and didn't have any issues. Zipped right through it. Nothing wrong with the print or scroll bar. I would have just tried again later. Not worth the stress trying to do it during a glitch. Hopefully your TA can get it all figured out for you.

I have just spent 2 miserable hours trying to register for my cruise. It refused to take my password, so I let them give me a new one, yep, I still can not get in that door. Somehow I find my way in and then could not figure out how to get to the end of the form because there was no scroll bar. So I finally figure to make the print smaller and smaller..down to 30%. Not sure my information is correct because I could not see what I was doing! After all that I saw that the last letter from my name has been dropped. I called my TA and he has calmed me and will get it right when he gets home. I tried getting in under the wrong spelling and still no way! Why would Carnival put it's guest through this misery? This is my 12th cruise and I have never been so challenged. What do I expect, they do not show that I was on the Carnaval in 1977? Sorry just needed to vent.

OC PAT

I totally agree with you! I do not like the changes in the site at all. I too have to zoom my text down to 30% just to be able to click on the continue button to get to the actual pricing etc. Once I get there I can put it back to 100% but with technology the way it is I just don't understand why Carnival's website is so user unfriendly. I like to compare my potential cabin location to what is located above and below it but I can only see half of a deck with the new changes. Forget trying to get more than one deck to show up to compare side by side.

I've resorted to using my Carnival book that they used to give out on the ship. I had my dh go out and buy me a magnifying glass last week just so I could see the cabin numbers. My PVP said that they are given the same book along with a magnifying glass to use as well. Why not just enlarge the darn things to a viewable size!

Good luck with your endeavors on the website :) I feel your frustration!

Is it just me or since Carnival changed their website can you no longer view excursions for your cruise? I can't bring them up any more. :confused:

I don't have this problem with my August cruise but I do for my cruise booked for next spring. It says I need to make a complete deposit first which I have. I just assumed it's because mine is so far out. It does however let me book spa appointments for that cruise though. :rolleyes:

The only complaint that I have with the changes is when you are looking at the list of available cabins and open the deck plan. You can no longer see the drop down list of open cabins. I will agree with some that it is not very user friendly. I think that they have tried to get too fancy and just mucked things up a bit.

I agree that Carnival's web site leaves a lot to be desired. I love Carnival, but as a PR/marketing person just back from the PRSA Social Media conference, they really need to listen to their customers to design a more user-friendly and intuitive site. Bells and whistles are useless unless they can be backed up with useful media that enhances the customer experience rather than frustrating the customer. I can see them trying to make changes to benefit the customer and this is good, but I'm just not sure that they have succeeded in meeting their goals. Launch and iterate! They just need to listen to people's issues with the site and refine the experience to make it better - and I'm sure they will do so in the end. They are a very customer-friendly cruise line.

We booked a B2B on Splendor through a TA and I am about ready to start doing the paperwork. Any research I have tried to do on the CCL website has turned into a nightmare of frustration.

Any tips for me on booking a B2B? TIA.

Poco

My TA has it all settled and is mailing me my docs snail mail. He said, actually, all I need when I get there is my passport, credit card and booking #. It may take a little longer but it is not required to complete the paperwok on line. He said I do not need a pass word to doing it on line. Then why did it keep asking for it and why was it rejecting me? Yeah, I get that I did not need to go that route but the web site leads you to do so. This is user unfriendly. I get that it appears I may have a computer setting issue but again wouldn't that mean I would not have scroll's on all my screens? Also, why are other folks having the same issue?

Problem is solved and thank you for your helpful comments. I am pleased that many of you had no problems. I hope Carnival looks into these problems and I promise I will keep an open mind with my upcoming cruise.

OC PAT

I had problems, too, with filling out my hotel reservation, passport etc. I sent an email to my PVP. He sent this to another Carnival department, they fixed it and after that I could fill out both cruises (b2b). I have tried several days and couldn't save my fillings. Now everything is done and I feel good now. :-)

I'm reasonably computer savvy and generally have no trouble using online systems. With regards to Carnival's online booking I wasn't having any trouble with the navigation but found it would not accept my Canadian province. I called Carnival and they gave me a URL to another web-based booking system for 'international' bookings. It seemed very odd to me that they don't have a link to that other site on their main booking site.

At this other site the system seemed to be similar but my problem was it wasn't offering 'Early Saver' so I ended up calling Carnival and doing the booking with one of their planners. That went well and I was left thinking I should have just called them in the first place!

Later after noticing lower advertised fares I went to submit the Early Saver Claim Form found on the Carnival site. In filling it it I found it wouldn't accept my phone number. I thought I was doing it correctly but it would keep rejecting the number. I subsequently found out how it needed the number formated: lets say your number is (012) 345-6789. It needs it entered as 0123456789 with no brackets, spaces, hyphens etc. Of course the form doesn't tell you that and never in my experience with on-line forms has that been the necessary format. Prior to finding that out from a relative I called Carnival. The planner tried to help but really knew little about such things. She gave me the phone number of some Carnival information technology guy but he was out of the office for a few days. She also gave me a fax number saying I could print out the form & fax it. I printed the form but it came out so small I knew there wasn't any point in faxing it as it would have been illegible. I decided to wait for the IT guy but then was told by my relative how to format the phone number. I followed her advise and it worked like a charm. I've now made two ES claims and have saved $200 so far.

Regards, Ross

I'm new to Carnival and it took me a few days to figure out how to maneuver their website. At one point, I had to call to speak to a rep about a question, and when I mentioned that I was struggling with the website she said, "I know, it's not very user-friendly." So if they know it, I hope they will redesign it. While I'm not the most techno-savvy person, I am capable of figuring out basic websites and maneuvering to where I need to be to get the job done.

Come on Carnival! Let's design a website that is easier to use. Who wants to be frustrated while planning a wonderful cruise vacation....:(:o;)

I have not tried to do a Fun Pass or anything like that but....After 10 cruises and more booked I find the new and improved site needs to be improved or unimproved back to the old site. If you are looking at a ship for cruises it will take you to only that one. On the old system there was a small box that you could click on to look at the same sailings on that ship on different dates...That seems to be gone. Also it seems that if you are looking to do a sailing to a region you would like to go to you can no longer click on the ports of call and then get to shore excursions....

They have really made their site a pain to navigate in the new and improved system.....

I use firefox as my browser and have had the same problems as the people have reported above. At work where firefox is not available I had to use internet explorer, and guess what, no problems. I think if you are using some other browser that if you revert to IE your problems will probably disappear.

If you think that this is fun, wait until you fill out your FUN PASS.;) Just a heads up. If it doesn't take your booking number it could be because the letter o is really a number zero, or visa versa.

I get that it appears I may have a computer setting issue but again wouldn't that mean I would not have scroll's on all my screens? Also, why are other folks having the same issue?

OC PAT

Which web browser do you use? Explorer/Firefox/Safari?

Archived