Beaches

DancingNancy_570

Could someone recommend a beach in Cozumel other than Paradise Beach and Playa Mia Beach? We have been to both and were not impressed at all....
If PB and/or Playa Mia did "do it" for you, what are you looking for in a Beach?

Also,are there any topless beaches?

No, not really. At least, not legally, although some people have been known to go topless on some of the east side beaches.

You were kind of rude,don't you think?:(
Sorry that you thought so, but I don't think I was. At least, I didn't mean to be. It is just that you didn't really give much information in your first post for us to work with. How are complete strangers on a message board supposed to know what you are looking for in a beach if you don't give at least a hint of what you do want.

Hmmm...are you sure you were at PB? We have a crew of 13 maintenance staff who (among other duties) clean the bathrooms every 15-20 minutes, and walk up and down the beach clearing empty plates, cups, bottles etc.

In addition, from about noon to 2 p.m, I´m walking up and down doing my meet-and-greet and our floor (well, sand really) manager Fernando is there all day long. I´ve never noticed the beach to be filthy, it´s completely raked every morning and if any seaweed has blown in from a north wind, that´s taken care of immediately. I´m curious as to what you found "filthy"...and more curious about the unsavoury characters. We only have our staff and your fellow vacationers around. Cozumel doesn´t have the problem that many other beaches in Mexico do with transient beach vendors trying to hawk silver or whatever, the beaches aren´t near town like in Acapulco, it takes a bit of effort to get here and that virtually eliminates everybody except tourists and staff.

I am thinking she is probably talking a different beach.... I cannot imagine she could be talking about PB... I agree with Playa Mia, it was bad... but PB is simply paradise, and one of the cleanest beaches I have been to in all of Mexico...

Tom,

Don't worry about Nancy- she seems to have standards that I can only describe as "nothing is ever good enough". Now I can be shallow and rude but she has me beat by a mile!

She needs to find her way to the Seychelles and NEVER return!!

Nancy, now I'm really confused after reading your other thread....posted on the 15th.. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=121693

Hi,

My fiancee and I will be on the Mariner of the Sea sailing on May 8th. I don't remember what day we weill be in Cozumel. We want to visit PB. We were in cozumel in September on the NOS and went to Playa Mia Beach and did not like it at all,so I hope I like PB.

Anywho...when we get off the ship,do we find a cab and tell him PB? Will he know what we mean? Also what is the cost for a cab ride there? Anything else you could tell me about this will be appreciated. Thanks!!

So, are you SURE you are not confused?

We WERE at PB,and Playa Mia. As I said,I was not impressed,but don't care for Cozumel anyway,except for the Tanya Moss Gallery. In that other post I was inquiring about the Nachi cochum Beach(spelling?) Sometimes I get a little confused,as I am way busy with med school.lol...Sorry if anyone was offended,but I am entitled to my opinion,at least I thought this was America.

Ah, I see, from what I remember, you get confused about details quite often :p and from what I recall, your opinions generally come at the cost of someone else's feelings.

Would you mean answering Tom's question as to what exactly the problems were? If it was so nasty and dirty, and these low life people were hanging around, he might like to know what the details were?

We WERE at PB,and Playa Mia. As I said,I was not impressed,but don't care for Cozumel anyway,except for the Tanya Moss Gallery. In that other post I was inquiring about the Nachi cochum Beach(spelling?) Sometimes I get a little confused,as I am way busy with med school.lol...Sorry if anyone was offended,but I am entitled to my opinion,at least I thought this was America.

Hmm this is the thread you started.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=2780164

The title was "Paradise Beach"

It seems you like to jump from board to board causing problems and changing your lifestory with each post.

Excuse Me? And for the guy that accused me of having high standards...I don't think there is anything wrong with that. :mad: These are message boards,people,take it easy:)

What is the question? You said Excuse Me? But I didn't see the question Nancy? You like to run around these boards calling everyone low class, and touting the fact that you own your own business, you are in med school, married to a young man, and then you forget the original story you told and something else comes out... Maybe you should start writing it down to keep the story straight.

I swear almost every post you have touts med school like that means something to anyone... you will jump on a thread to talk about how much you love Target yet in other threads you have said you would never shop there, and snub your nose at those that do. Get the story straight. If you are going to run around bashing beaches, where people are potentially spending their vacation, make sure you tell people WHAT the problems were, make sure you have the CORRECT beach and make sure you have the story right.

Sorry to be harsh, but you seem to have a habit of doing this.... it's not appreciated, IMHO.

It was back in September,I am only 29,I am not losing my mind. We were at PB,and Playa Mia. Both were dirty,and service was poor.

Just think back... You said "Hmmmm, I think I know where I was".... yet now you are saying you were confused... after starting a thread called PARADISE BEACH!!! Don't you think had you actually been there, you would not have started a thread asking all about it? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Med school, a "young" man, and your own business? My, how do you even find time to cruise? And if you hate Cozumel so much, why do you go there? I'm sure you must be sophisticated enough to prefer St. Baart's or Fiji or something, at least! Why bother with such a lowly island as Cozumel?

Or is this all in your head? :D

For any of you that want to go to Paradise Beach, I really HAVE been there!!!! And I can tell you, it is likely one of the cleaner beaches in Cozumel... the beach is pristine! The bathrooms are the cleanest I have seen in Mexico (and if anyone knows about the "toilet" situation in Mexico, this is very important)... you won't see any unsavory people hanging around... the people and service are great! Now, if you go there when there are 8 ships in port, you have to understand that service at ANY beach will likely be slower... 185K people in tiny Cozumel, I would hope anyone would understand that! But still, Tom and his staff have a smile for everyone and treat you like friends.

Archived