Best hotel in Southampton

Presto2

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has stayed at a hotel in Southampton before their cruise and if they can recommend a good hotel. We have checked tripadvisor and got a mixed bag of reviews so are alittle confused. :confused:

Thanks for any help

:)

The Novotel, Ibis, and another newer cheaper one that I can't remember the name of are all on the same site by a little retail park that has a Boots (brilliant if you forget a few things like I usually do:o) and some other shops.

It's also right across the road from dock gate 10 for the Mayflower terminal.

Debbie:)

We stayed at the Airport Premier Travel Inn, one of the best hotel rooms we have had, and real friendly staff. Foods OK, and you can always go into town for a more up market meal. Breakfast was great, and they kept asking us if we wanted any more!

We have stayed at the DeVere and Hilton, both a bit hit and miss on service and food.

Richard

we stayed at the holiday inn express (next to rose bowl cricket ground)about 20 mins away. the hotel is about a year old and is excellent, continental breakfast is complimentry and they have started offering hot items aswell.about £45.00 a room a night.

but for our next stay over in southampton we are staying in the newly renovated mercure hotel on high street (its just had a 3 million pound refit and only opened last week) rooms cost £55 a room a night but breakfast is extra at £13.99 each person, so we are not bothering with breakfast.we will get some thing on the high street.

We have Stayed at Novotel Hotel B&B £67, however for the Azura naming ceremony we were late booking and they wanted to charge us full rate. Found another lovely little hotel just a little further out from the Dock area call Highfield House Hotel, for less than I had paid at Novotel.

Presto

I wouldn't use a stay and park deal. The hotel doesn't keep watch over the vehicles and I'm not sure how secure the car parks are. We've always used CPS who are right at the docks, approved by P&O, and keep your car in a secure compound whilst you're away.

There should be a web link from the P&O site to CPS.

Debbie:)

Novotel did us a stay and park deal for a fortnight for £169 which included an executive room, recently refurbished, 3 course dinner for 2 and full english breakfast. The room was excellent, the food was fantastic and the breakfast was buffet service with tea and coffee served at your table. Fitness room, swimming pool and good bar with reasonable prices.

We will certainly be staying there again the next time we sail from Southampton.

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has stayed at a hotel in Southampton before their cruise and if they can recommend a good hotel. We have checked tripadvisor and got a mixed bag of reviews so are alittle confused. :confused:

Thanks for any help

Hi, we're staying at the Novotel and using Tesco Clubcard Reward Vouchers. Three nights B&B rate £270 but using Tesco rewards the cost is for every £10 clubcard vouchers gives you £40 worth to spend. Just under £70 for the 3 nights. Good deal don't you think. Hotel looks modern and Tripadvisor reports not bad either.

A relative you works aboard the Saga Ruby always stays at Jury's Inn and said it's fine. Good Luck!

Hi,

we stayed(last week)at the Holiday Inn Express.Room cost £53 per night including continental breakfast and free parking.

The room was clean and functual and they have a bar downstairs for a late night drink.Breakfast consists of some fruit,cereal,bread,condiments,scrambled egg and sausage--also hot and cold drinks.I would say this hotel is o.k for a one/two night stay.

We found a fantastic pub about half a mile away from the hotel called The White Swan--they do a lovely carvery meal for £8-99.The pub has a lovely seating area overlooking a river where I had the thrill of seeing a fox(yes-first one I've ever seen.lol.)running through the trees--a really nice venue.

Hope this helps.

Taffygirl

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn on the waterfront by Dock Gate 8 who do a cruise and stay deal which includes bed and breakfast in spacious comfortable room, parking in hotel car park and taxi to terminal all included. We left our car for three weeks and the total cost was less than P and O wanted for parking.....We chose to leave the car in the rear car park, empty and locked and it was fine !!:)

Hi

Thanks for any help

Have recently stayed at the Ibis in west quay road good cheap hotel OK for one night and am staying at the Novotel in June before cruise both hotels OK for nights stay also both near town centre.

The other hotel at the dockside is an Etap hotel. Its £37 a night (not sure if that includes breakfast or not). I probably going to stay there next week as I have a business meeting on the Isle of White and am in London the night before so I just need a bed for a few hours before I get the early morning ferry. I will let you know how I get on.

Chris

We've done the stay and park at Holiday inn, which was handy as we were next to our dock- we could see our car from on deck. It was also handy when we disembarked- we kept our suitcases, and rolled them off as soon as the gangway was installed, so we were on the road before 6am.

For the Azura night, we stayed at Novotel, as we came down by train, and it's just across the road. Soon we'll be staying at the Ibis for £37 per room- we go to the MacDonald's on site for porridge and a bacon buttie. Catch a taxi from the station next door to Ocean terminal. Coming back, we'll self-disembark again, and catch an early train.

Jo.

We have just booked the Mercure Southampton Dolphin Hotel for our upcoming 18 night cruise. £167 for room inclusive of dinner, breakfast and 19 nights parking. Seems a good deal. The hotel has been recently refurbished and has excellent recent reviews.

We have just booked the Mercure Southampton Dolphin Hotel for our upcoming 18 night cruise. £167 for room inclusive of dinner, breakfast and 19 nights parking. Seems a good deal. The hotel has been recently refurbished and has excellent recent reviews.

Thanks for this one! We tried the Holiday Inn but there was no room for parking and couldn't get through to DeVere so opted for this hotel. We have just booked for an executive room (with lots of added extras) on half board basis, plus 14 nights parking and taxi transfers for £190. If you look at the hotel web site it looks fabulous and we would never have throught of it without your post. :D:D:D

I recently stayed at the Novotel and Jat ury's Inn between cruises. Both are okay. I preferred the buffet breakfast at the Novotel and they have a computer with free internet access in the lobby. The atmosphere at Jury's was somewhat nicer, not quite as Spartan. Jury's is further up the hill from the port but it only takes a few minutes to get to the terminals by taxi.

If you want to be CLOSE to the majority of the terminals, then you need to pick one of the following hotels (in order of supposed quality / price):

De Vere Grand Harbour

Holiday Inn

Novotel

Ibis

Etap

All these hotels are essentially on the same stretch of West Quay Road off which you can easily locate the City Cruise Terminal.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn near the docks I paid £60 room only for a family for this July and £57 for one for next April.

Any recommendations for breakfast nearby?

Thanks, Donna xx

Unfortunately it's probably a ten minute walk up to the town centre. If you walk back up the road (away from the roundabout) you'll find a McDonald's on your right though. Or you could head a little back up the road and take the first right (just by Carnival's new offices). That will let you creep in the back of the West Quay shopping centre where you could go up to the top level and use their food court. To be honest, it would be much simpler to get breakfast at the hotel though!

Thanks for this one! We tried the Holiday Inn but there was no room for parking and couldn't get through to DeVere so opted for this hotel. We have just booked for an executive room (with lots of added extras) on half board basis, plus 14 nights parking and taxi transfers for £190. If you look at the hotel web site it looks fabulous and we would never have throught of it without your post. :D:D:D

We are just about to book this hotel too....anyone know how secure the parking is ?

Archived