To Hump or Not to Hump, that is the question?

Convenient location to the stairs to go up or down...dinner or to the promenade. its nice to be so close to the centrum area. and they are not loud due to being close to the elevator area.

We have had humps twice on the Mariner and we have one on our upcoming Liberty cruise:D

We always book non-hump because of the "privacy issue". With the balconies we've had, if we look towards the "hump", we can see into their balcony. We wouldn't want others looking at us. So...we book no hump! lol! But it all depends on what you prefer. I'd imagine a hump balcony gives you a more interesting view of the ship while at sea...where in a regular balcony you only see water.

I'm a bit confused too. Most hump cabins can't be viewed by those either forward or aft of them. You might be able to see into those that are on the edges of the hump but they can also see into many cabins forward or aft from them. We love the location........:)

The Hump cabins on Freedom Class ships are GREAT! We had a center hump (9340) on Liberty last year and loved it because of the location and unobstructed fore and aft views.

Some have said that they don't want the noise that goes with being near the elevators. We didn't experience that at all.

Click on the Liberty Photos link below and you'll see for yourself.

Have a great cruise!

On Radiance class ships (Radiance, Brilliance, Serenade and Jewel) some balconies on the ends of the humps are larger than standard. Beware that there are also some balconies (on Radiance class) that are smaller than standard. You can tell by looking at the deck plans. The agents at RCCL will tell you that ALL balconies in any particular category are the same size....NOT true!

The center hump balconies give you great views both outward and forward and aft along the side of the ship (if looking along the side of the ship is your thing!) However, all hump balconies have good views.

So I am in cabin 9598. Does that mean I can see where I've been but not where I'm going? ? Does the hump stick out that much ? ?

We always book non-hump because of the "privacy issue". With the balconies we've had, if we look towards the "hump", we can see into their balcony. We wouldn't want others looking at us. So...we book no hump! lol! But it all depends on what you prefer. I'd imagine a hump balcony gives you a more interesting view of the ship while at sea...where in a regular balcony you only see water.

We were in a back side of the hump room on our last cruise and the regular rooms could NOT see into our balcony at all and I had to lean out to seem them. privacy was not an issue for us:)

So I am in cabin 9598. Does that mean I can see where I've been but not where I'm going? ? Does the hump stick out that much ? ?

Yes, basically!! LOL! You won't be able to look forward along the entire length of the ship, but it really is not that big a deal. Your view wiil be great!

Keep in mind, if you can see them, they can see you. Personally, I vote hump. We had our first on Freedom a couple of months ago, and we have booked another hump room on Navigator for our next cruise. The location was so convenient, I cant imagine not getting a hump cabin again, so long as one is available.

Mike

We just got off the the Mariner yesterday - had hump cabin 9312. Very nice D1. Although it had a connecting door with the JS next door, we did not have any problems or noise issues. For someone to look into our cabin they would have had to lean far out and peek around - who wants to spend a cruise doin' that :D:eek::p

Very convenient to everything. Plus the last two days of our cruise (on the way back to LA) the seas were extremely rough - 58 MPH headwinds - and I know I would not have done well in any other cabin. Knew we were back in port when the hangars in the closet were not banging into each other any more:p

Definitely voting Hump!

Had our first Hump on Radiance last month cruising the Mexican Riviera (Cabin 8592) LOVED IT!! It was so convenient to ALL locations on the ship... it was suprisingly quiet (I thought being close to elevators or stairs it might be noisy.. but it wasn't) I would book a hump in a heartbeat if it was available!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your posts and pictures, this really helps keep em coming. I was wondering if the rooms were larger due to the hump or just the balcony. I remember on the Liberty that the outside hallway was straight down so the "hump" must effect the room or balcony size?

D1 9076 on Serenade of the Seas. Loved the room, balcony, and the views! :D Ate breakfast on the balcony every morning. We had no privacy issues. Could easily have two loungers on this balcony and a chair or two.

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

Archived