Cruise spam mystery solved

caribbeansun

I couldn't figure out why I was getting a huge influx in cruise line spam-like emails and particularly from lines I've never looked at and Seabourn sent the following through a few days ago:

To our Future Guests,

The Yachts of Seabourn's partner cruise lines have many exciting offers they would like to share with you. To do so, we will share your registration and profile information with the following partners:

• Costa Cruises
  • Cunard Line
  • Holland America Line
  • Princess Cruises
  • Carnival Cruise Lines
  • P&O Cruise Line

Nice of them to "share" without my permission before sending out this email which requires a negative confirmation to stop them.

Personal peeve re spaming :mad:

I couldn't figure out why I was getting a huge influx in cruise line spam-like emails and particularly from lines I've never looked at and Seabourn sent the following through a few days ago:

I have never had any spam from any of those cruise lines & have sailed with 3 of them

Do they have a unsubscribe at the bottom of the email?

Lyn

Do they have a unsubscribe at the bottom of the email?
I also received that e-mail from Seabourn & an "unsubscribe" option was offered:

However, you may choose to opt out of receiving special offerings from our partners. To limit affiliate marketing offers, contact us within 30 days from today at 1-800-929-9391, email us at privacy@seabourn.com or write to us at The Yachts of Seabourn, Attn: Affiliate Opt Out. 6100 Blue Lagoon Drive, Suite 400, Miami, FL 33126. If you already have made a choice to limit marketing offers from us, you do not need to act again until you receive the renewal notice. See full details below.*

Please note that The Yachts of Seabourn, along with the partner cruise companies listed above, are wholly owned by Carnival Corporation & plc.

Yes, I used the unsubscribe - my point was that I was surprised when unsolicited emails began appearing in my inbox from the other lines in their "family".

I hadn't realized that getting a quote from Seabourn would immediately add me to the mailing lists of all the other "family" members and I must admit I hadn't realized they were part of that group of companies.

Frankly, I'd wondered what I had done that triggered these new solicitations and had assumed my name had been sold in some fashion - now I know.

I hadn't realized that getting a quote from Seabourn would immediately add me to the mailing lists of all the other "family" members and I must admit I hadn't realized they were part of that group of companies.
We recently sailed Azamara. And now we're getting unsolicited e-mails from Celebrity & RCCL - so-called Wow deals, contest entries, last-minute offers. Amazing stuff. I figured it was just family business. LOL.

Archived