Which is easier to get from airport to port: Seattle or Vancouver?

voegcal

Planning to take my 88 yr old mother on an Alaskan cruise in late August. Don't want to rent a car & just wondered which airport is easier to get around in & find transportation to its port.

Planning to take my 88 yr old mother on an Alaskan cruise in late August. Don't want to rent a car & just wondered which airport is easier to get around in & find transportation to its port.

Vancouver hands down. There's a subway line (fully accessible) that goes from the airport to 3 blocks from the cruise terminal.

While seattle also has a transit line from the airport, it ends downtown, not near the cruise terminal

Vancouver hands down. There's a subway line (fully accessible) that goes from the airport to 3 blocks from the cruise terminal.

Cathy and I took the Canada Line a couple of days ago. While it's superb with small luggage, we had our suitcases shipped and when I take my 87-year-old father on a cruise in September I'll be getting a cab.

Vancouver wins when it comes to easiest and closest to the pier EXCEPT if you are on one of the few cruises that will be sailing out of Ballantyne Pier in September - that is no where near the Canada Line so a cab would have to be used.

Cheers

Dennis

Vancouver...Northbound cruise !!!!Since you will be traveling with your elderly mother and luggage ..you might want to consider using the roundtrip transfers that way you won't have to drag your luggage around..We did RCI roundtrip transfers..arrived into Vancouver got off the plane and walked right onto the RCI contracted bus as we were USA cruise direct (no need to claim luggage as it was transfered to the ship) Had a wonderful bus driver that gave lots of information on the sites as we made the drive and it doesn't matter what port the ship is sailing out of(Ballantyne or Canada Place).....At the end of the cruise we had opted for the Train Transfers (RCI cruise contracted train again no need to bother with luggage you will not see it until you arrive at your home airport)) From Seward-Anchorage airport..This was one of the highlights of our entire cruise. The train was right next to our ship in Seward port, it left about 8:00am, it was so scenic and again the guide was wonderful and the train engineer slowed down whenever there was some thing to see..we arrived right to the door of the airport at about 11:30am..just remember to have you flight home scheduled no earlier than 1:30-2:00pm I believe..Enjoy your cruise and Alaska !!!

Archived