Hyatt Regency Miami

smythy21

We are staying at the above hotel pre and post cruise and was wondering has anyone else stayed here cos i got a few questions???:o

Does the hotel provide bfast in the mornings???

Is there any laundry facilities available as we will have some washin to do after we get off the cruise before we head off on our 2nd cruise th following day.

is there any nice restaurants close to by were we can get somethin to eat??

hope someone can help

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency last August before a cruise. We were upgraded to a suite that was very nice. They have a breakfast buffet we ate at before we left for the port. Also it is within walking distance of a Walgreens and a few other stores. We did not see any laundry facilities, but not to say they dont have them, we just didnt need them. We thought the staff was wonderful!

We are staying at the above hotel pre and post cruise and was wondering has anyone else stayed here cos i got a few questions???:o

Is there any laundry facilities available as we will have some washin to do after we get off the cruise before we head off on our 2nd cruise th following day.

hope someone can help

It depends on your definition of "provide". They do have a restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner or ,if you qualify for their Concierge floor, there may be a complimentary continental breakfast available. For the most part, breakfast will cost you and I have found that Hyatt breakfast prices are not exactly bargains. Check the Hyatt website to see if there is a booking option that includes breakfast in the room rate.:)

I don't believe that there are self-service laundy rooms at the hotel so you will need to determine whether or not their turnaround time for their regular laundry services will fit your schedule. I don't recall seeing any laundromats in the vicinity of the hotel.

The closest restaurants, aside from the one in the hotel, are probably the ones at Bayside Marketplace. Bubba Gump's, Hard Rock Cafe, an Italian restaurant and a Steak House as well as a food court are among your choices at Bayside. We have walked or taken the free PeopleMover from the Hyatt to Bayside but at night you may prefer to take a cab.:)

There is a deli area just outside the hotel restaurant which we use for a cheaper breakfast than the restaurant. Of course you have free coffee in your room. In fact, the deli also offers sandwiches and salads in the PM, so we just stayed in our room with deli food for dinner also.

I stayed there in April. The breakfast buffet was $18. I did not eat other meals there but instead took a cab to Bayside for dinner. There is a CVS and Walgreens within walking distance.

Nice hotel that is often a bargain on Priceline, etc.. For breakfast, we were thinking of just using the door knob ordering, just like on the ship. Wait a minute, $85 for our usual ship order!!! - I don't think so.

We ate breakfast at a nearby Starbucks, and there are a few other coffee shop type places nearby, the door staff can help you out. For a real restaurant at a decent price you may need to take a cab.

We had the breakfast buffet the morning we left for the pier.........we had pricelined the hotel and got a very good rate..........the breakfast for the two of us was more than what we got the room for.:D

hope someone can help

The hotel can give you all the info you need on breakfast and laundry facilities ... just call and ask. The hotel's concierge can also recommend restaurants in the area. There are some nice places to eat/drink in Mary Brickell Village, not too far from the hotel. You can walk from there or it's less than 5 minutes by taxi. Don't go to Bayside as it's a cheeky tourist trap.

Don't go to Bayside as it's a cheeky tourist trap.

Hey, they're tourists after all and some find Bayside to be an entertaining spot and similar to Quincy Market in Boston, the Inner Harbor shops in Baltimore, and in the South Street Seaport in New York City - tourist traps, all, but worth a visit.:D

• 3 months later...

Archived