Queen Elizabeth Profile View

Savoia

I sort of gained the impression that Savoia thought that this was a feature of QE that wasn't present on QV. But, whatever it is, it is clearly there on both ships.J

In the image from the yard I saw the area is either finished differently for P&O/Princess or was still in process and not finished.

In the image from the yard I saw the area is either finished differently for P&O/Princess or was still in process and not finished.

Could you see if it had that little round, sort of "hot tub" type pool thing right in the middle of the raised area? That seems to be the only feature that is on there on QV.

J

Could you see if it had that little round, sort of "hot tub" type pool thing right in the middle of the raised area? That seems to be the only feature that is on there on QV.

J

OK, are you talking about the little hot tub there on the forward deck. It is obviously there for the crew to have fun in the sun. After all they need some fun after working so hard all day and night. Or perhaps it is for the Captain and his guests. I can't think who else it would be for. Do passengers have access to that area?

Could you see if it had that little round, sort of "hot tub" type pool thing right in the middle of the raised area? That seems to be the only feature that is on there on QV.J

No, it was covered in white and looked finished. That is why I wondered if it had a different design purpose for P&O/Princess this time around.

OK, are you talking about the little hot tub there on the forward deck. It is obviously there for the crew to have fun in the sun. After all they need some fun after working so hard all day and night. Or perhaps it is for the Captain and his guests. I can't think who else it would be for. Do passengers have access to that area?

Ity's only a splash pool with a few inches of water - the deck is for crew only but guess the captain can allow pax out there if he thinks there is a need such as the maiden transit of the Panama Canal when we spent the whole day out there. It's a great space to catch the sun and enjoy some peace and quiet - shame the crew have first rights!!!

Ken

Archived