Shoot!!! I wanted a price drop not an increase

Mine keeps going up too! I booked at the cheapest rate, on the first day the cruise was on the website, and it's gone up 3 or 4 times since then.

I'm happy too. It's a rate I can live with and if it comes down from what I booked it at, it'll just be icing in the cake.

The price of my B2B has steadily been going up. I guess I won't be getting any OBC, since final payment is next week!

We are on FOS Aug 15th and our final is due next week .... are you on the same cruise?

I am happy with our rate and cabin too... I lucked out and got the very center hump cabin and also saved $300 on our sons PR cabin... I was hoping to save some on our cabin like we did on the interior for our sons... I am not giving up and look several times a day LOL

Prices may go up and down. Some of my best price drops were obtained after recent increases. I wondered how they were expecting to sell the cabins at the higher price when they couldn't get rid of them at the lower price.

I booked Liberty of the Sea for 9/19 the day before the "Wowless" sail. From long experience I know prices usually go up for a sale to compensate for any promo offered (eg OBC). Also, my Diamond discount is never combinable & typically produces a better result. I am traveling solo & got a price of $1130 for the E1 excluding the C & A discount. Sure enough the day of the sale the same cabin would have cost me an additional $400+. If I booked today it would be a whooping $855 more! Since my date is peak hurricane season you would expect the prices to continue to drop like a stone. But given the current trend (and new policy) I doubt there will be any additional price drops until after final payment.

Normally I don't book until the lowest price inside is at least equal to the maximum price I would pay for a balcony. Until that magic number arrives (and before final) I continue to call & accrue OBC if there are price drops. In the past & my "ship comes in", so to speak, I could upgrade with the original conditions until 72 hrs before sail. Last year the price actually dropped to less after final & I got my cabin + kept $100 of the OBC I had already accrued. In All the years I have been doing this I have never had to occupy the dreaded "box."

I know that having an inside is no big deal for a lot of people but I am VERY claustrophic. Under the new policy I would need to fish-or-cut bait before final. Otherwise I would run the risk of getting stuck with the box. After final all you can do is cxl/rebook to upgrade. You also lose any advantage you had at the time of the initial booking (eg OBC or special discounted rate). If it was a Caribbean cruise (I live in south Florida) I might be able to even the score by cxl before final & re-book last minute with a comparable line. If I had to buy non-refundable air that option would be eliminated.

I usually book solo, and prefer to do so. I have always considered the single supplement the price I have to pay for privacy & freedom. However, the new policy has a double whammy since I am now paying a premium with fewer options.

What is it about the date 5/17? I booked on the 17th and called today that I noticed a price drop of 140$ also. I couldnt get any onboard credit or refund, only an upgraded room since it was on the 17th and I paid in full. I am not a first time cruiser only new to Royal Carribbean, is this the norm???

I went on ********** dot net today and got a sickening feeling when I saw our cabin back in Feb was 350 pp less :( oh well wasn't meant to be and at that time hubby was just starting a new job so I wouldn't have been able to book then...

Archived