Customer Service Response to my concerns re: Dream!

Hi Jo

That must be "Standard Issue e-mail 2" as it's exactly the same one I got when I complained that "Standard Issue e-mail 1" wasn't specific enough!

I have replied asking them if there's any truth in the fact that people are refusing to board or leaving mid-cruise as per Hoopy's Live post. I'm waiting to see if I get a reply.

Hope those going tommorrow have a good time - I feel as though we're waving them off to war rather than on a luxury holiday!! How's bad's that! :)

Hi Jo

We are hoping things have improved, if not will let you know.

We have an early flight 6.40 tomorrow so should be on board by lunch time.

Dave if its that bad will let you know.

Sue

Hi Sue,

What are you still doing here? Shouldn't you be doing last minute packing or getting an early night?

Hope it all goes OK

Berwyn

Berwyn,

All packed since yesterday lol :D

If I go to bed too early will not sleep, will go about 10pm and then up at 3.30am will catch up on sleep tomorrow.

If it doesn't go well you guys will know about it.

Sue

Berwyn,

All packed since yesterday lol :D

If I go to bed too early will not sleep, will go about 10pm and then up at 3.30am will catch up on sleep tomorrow.

If it doesn't go well you guys will know about it.

Sue

I hope we won't be hearing from you then - at least until you get back because you will have had a great time and have no need to complain. :):):) It will be great to start getting some more positive feedback. Let's hope!

All the best - fingers crossed for you that things are much improved and that you enjoy your holiday. :D

Thanks Kruseeka and Julie fingers are crossed here.

Julie we are on deck 7 in an outside plus cabin.

Sue

Hi Sue,

That sounds OK. The people we met who had probs with their deck 7 inside got moved to an outside and it was fine. In the centre of the ship.

Berwyn

Hi everyone, I had only recently booked to go on this ship on 8th June and was getting extemely concerned about all the bad reports, as this trip was for my birthday which is on the 13th. I did contact thomsons and they said that they were aware of the problems but that they were all getting sorted. After a lot of thought my daughter and I have now changed ship and we are now going on The Spirit on the 11th. Perhaps it is'nt as bad as people are saying on there but I just couldnt take the chance. There was'nt even 1 good report on here :(.

We were on deck 7 (outside plus)and it was fine. The cabins are really big, with loads of storage space.

Linda

Apart from the ghostly automatic flush on the toilet if I remember correctly.:D

I'm just glad it wasn't me sat on there. :eek: Probably singing soprano now

Berwyn

Berwyn

Oh yes, forgot that:eek: If you are in 7071 just jump up quickly after using the loo:D

Linda

We fly out tomorrow morning for two weeks, and am praying things are getting sorted out, we transfered from the Island Escape after all the bad reviews at Christmas and now the Dream seems to be getting worse as each week goes by :(

All we can do is what ever happens try to make the best of it. Most days we will be ashore, thank God, I think it would be worse if you couldn't get away from all the smells. Will let you know on our return and if things are that bad will try and post on here.

Sue

Yes I was thinking if you can't get away from the smells how awfull the Transatlantic would be, six days at sea in those conditions.

Mind made up, definately not booking the Dream in the near future until the problems sorted out. I feel so sorry for all the people caught in this terrible situation. Thomson has a lot to answer for putting passengers through this nightmare. If they would just admit to the problems at the start , instead of sweeping everything under the carpet.

Good luck to all

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cymro1953 viewpost.gif

Berwyn

Oh yes, forgot that:eek: If you are in 7071 just jump up quickly after using the loo:D

Linda

It will save having to use the bidet :eek: pmsl

Will have my video camera with me so will get evidence if its that bad.

Its my 50th on the 9th June so hoping it will be a birthday to remember for the right reasons.

No more from Hoopy yet

Off to bed soon, fingers and legs crossed.

Sue

You go and have a good nights sleep sue,, and dont worry until there is something to worry about , lets hope all has quietend down now and as we have not heard from hoopy then surely that must be a good thing :)

anyway have a fab time :cool:

mrs.c

Well following Hoppys 'Live from update' I sent off another email to Thomson along with a copy of his update & asked them what the hell was going wrong. This is the reply that I have just received....

Good afternoon Joanne,

Thank you for contacting Thomson Cruise,

There are currently intermittent problems with the plumbing system on Thomson

Dream. This is affecting hot water and vacuum toilet systems from time to time.

The incidents are happening in isolation, rather than affecting large areas of

the ship at any one time. And when issues do arise, the ship is dealing with

them as quickly and as efficiently as possible.

The situation is improving day by day, and we are confident these problems will

soon be behind us.

There are some very damaging reviews being posted on different cruise websites

and forums which are exaggerating the nature of the problems onboard. We accept

there are some problems they are isolated. Whilst this is still really

disappointing, it's important to stress that most guests are able to enjoy their

holiday.

The food, entertainment and service onboard are as good as you will find on any

other Thomson ship. The ship itself is generally in very good condition, and

more than merits its billing as the flagship of the Thomson fleet.

As a result, we should reassure customers due to travel that they will have a

fantastic time onboard Thomson Dream.

We hope this clarifies your query

Kind regards

Cruise 'ContactUs' Team

Service Centre - Swansea

email contactus@thomson-cruises.com

Very similar to the last one, but I am 'living in hope' :)

Just recieved the same email :rolleyes:

mrs.c

Booked on the 'Nightmare' 20th July 2010 'Highlights of the Med' any body else still out there willing to take a chance?

Hi Donnycruise we are going next Tuesday and are apprehensive, but have to see this for ourselves and hopefully some problems may not be that bad:eek::eek:

Booked on the 'Nightmare' 20th July 2010 'Highlights of the Med' any body else still out there willing to take a chance?

We'll be boarding as you disembark, we cruise 27th July for 2 weeks b2b. I am CONFIDENT :D that everything will be good by then and we WILL all have a great time!

Xin viec lam duoc ngay tai www.vieclamtuyendung.vn voi 5000+ viec lam luong cao, hap dan. Tim viec lam phu hop cho tung ung vien.

Trang viec lam tuyen dung truc tuyen hang dau ho tro gui ho so cho NTD ngay sau 1 gio dang tuyen.

Tim viec lam phu hop cho tung ung vien dang ho so.

Dung bo lo co hoi xin viec lam duoc ngay tai www.VieclamTuyendung.vn voi 5.000+viec lam luong cao, hap dan.

Don't click on any of the links? this could lead to some sort of malware?????????

Archived