Access to your cabins

Now that RCI does not require you to vacate your cabin by a certain time on the last morning they are not usually ready to receive new occupants until around 1PM.

As to when your luggage shows up, it can be very variable. We have had our luggage show up as late as after dinner to it already being there when we went to our cabin at 1PM after eating lunch in the Windjammer.

We've had bags arrive before we get to the cabin...and then have had them not show up until nearly bedtime....it really depends where in the bin your luggage happens to land! If you are one of the 1st to board, and alot of folks are hot on your heels, your bags may end up at the bottom of the pile!

As long as the luggage is on the ship, you will get it eventually!

Bring a carry-on with anything you need for the 1st day! (And, of course, anything of value and all medications you may need!)

Now that RCI does not require you to vacate your cabin by a certain time on the last morning they are not usually ready to receive new occupants until around 1PM.

As to when your luggage shows up, it can be very variable. We have had our luggage show up as late as after dinner to it already being there when we went to our cabin at 1PM after eating lunch in the Windjammer.

OB I haven't sailed for about 18 months.......when did RC change and not require you to vacate your cabin by a certain time on the last morning? This is wonderful.........I just didn't realize this had changed.

OB I haven't sailed for about 18 months.......when did RC change and not require you to vacate your cabin by a certain time on the last morning? This is wonderful.........I just didn't realize this had changed.

I know it was that way when we sailed adventure in March 2009 but not when we sailed her in March 2008. And it was like that on Independence this year. So it changed sometime between that year's time.

Archived