? about a cooking excursion

edie3

My son wants to do one of the Mexican cooking experiences, I forgot which one. Anyway, there is a weight limit on the people going on this shore trip. why would there be a weight limit on this? Thanks!

If it is the one to the Mayan hotel, it is the best excursion ever - its a misprint on the website and you go and come by bus, stand (and drink lots!) and cook and have a lot of fun

Only thing that might be affected by the weight is the chairs in the dining room and the sunloungers at the resort where you can have unlimited free booze after :)

Yes, Luis the chef is great fun and he will enjoy it - he will get a real sense of achievement from the making of his lunch. Everything is pre-prepared for you - you send some time doing fun decorating of your name on plates but that is also so they can serve you at the end. Most of what you do is reheat and assembly but its a nice day out. You do a mini tortilla, beautiful chicken in banana leaves and a rice and cookies tower

The chefs english is perfect, he is young, early 30s I'd say and with such a cheeky grin Ive a great picture of him and also what we cooked but cant work out post it

I am sure they will keep topping your son up with great virgin cocktails whilst you are there

I've done the cooking tour w/ Chef Luis 3 times. It at Playa Mia and includes about an hour or so at the Playa Mia pool and beach, plus unlimited beverages (adult and other) while cooking and later at the beach bar. Chef Luis has taken some of his culinary training in Paris. And I agree about his grin (as well as his lovely green eyes). You do cook your own meat (either grouper or chicken... your choice), then do a lot of assembling, as mentioned above. I think if a 15 year old is interested in cooking, then this is a perfect excursion. After about 40 cruises, I must say it's been my favorite.

I think the cooking class that was referenced is in Cozumel. I've been thinking about that class myself and you should be able to find more information about it from Celebrity on the excursions tab. Tried to post a link, but their system doesn't seem to be posting all the excursions at this moment. It looks as if there is another cooking class offered in Cozumel that is not a Solstice excursion. I've emailed them but haven't heard back yet. Hope this helps!

I took this excursion a few years ago. Yes, it is in Cozumel and it was

absolutely wonderful:D:):D...if it is the same one? We were taken to

a resort and everyone cooked....and we all ate our meal for lunch.

I believe when I booked it was a very new excursion (about 5 years ago).

I think if your son enjoys cooking he would love it! I have always said

I wanted to go again but never did.....hmmmm...next time I sail to

Cozumel maybe!

We did this excursion about a year ago in Cozumel, with Chef Luis, and it was great!

We were on RCL's Voyager of the Seas, though; I think they have the same shorex as Celebrity, as it's owned by RCI also.

One tip, though, don't wait until you get on board to book it ... it may be sold out. That happened to us the first time we tried to book it, so the next time, we pre-booked on the web site.

Jan

Yes it was in Cozumel and I think it was booked out fully before we even got on board, yes I had booked on line

One other thing, on the day we went it was raining slightly as our bus arrived at the resort, what was lovely was the way everyone lined up with umbrellas for us opened and passed to us to keep us dry (the rain lasted all of 2 minutes!)

Archived