cost of scrapbook on board

Majesty Fan

As I recall it's a bit more expensive than you'd pay at a craft store, but you can find some fun items that are itinerary-related and Carnival branded. For me, that makes it worth it--and I always look forward to scrapbooking our vacations when we get home. When I get supplies on the ship, I can start as soon as we get home and extend my vacation high for a while! :D:D

They have various ones depending on the area you cruise on Carnival... for example, they have a couple of Caribbean ones, but they also have ones for Europe and Alaska. Plus, every time I've gone, I've found different kits WELL worth the price of $15-ish dollars.

I've noticed, too, that you don't normally find "the good stuff" until a few days into the cruise, but they are up by the Photo Gallery. Enjoy them... I love getting my Carnival-branded stuff on the ship!

Does anyone know the price of the scrap book that the photo shop sells on the ship?

I bought one on the Conquest in March and it was $23.95. It has what looks like a map with the islands in the background, a rectangular photo frame in the middle (they gave me a picture of the Conquest to put in it at no extra cost), and a smaller rectangular frame that you could insert a title like "My Carnival Cruise" or the name of the ship. (Also included)

I also bought a scrap book kit that came with paper, stickers, ribbon, embellishments, and such for $11.95. The kit was really good deal when compared to the same items on land, plus they had Carnival on some of the pieces, which you can't get on land.

I feel the album is comparible in price for what you would pay on land, plus once again it also had the Carnival name on it, which you can't get on land.

Like Angel Eyes said, they have several scrapbooks to choose from. The one I have was about $25, and I got it on my cruise in October. I also got packs of paper and other stuff too, this was about $10 I think.

On my cruise last week (Fantasy), they had a scrapbooking meet up on the last day. They gave out free pictures of the ship, medals, they had tons of paper and capers and stuff like that from the ship too. They even had a cricut and would cut letters and other stuff for you. The entertainment staff handled it, and I don't remember it on my cruise in October, but according to them, Carnival is making it fleet wide.

If you're into scrapbooking, definitely keep an eye on the fun times for it. At first I thought they'd only be trying to sell the scrapbooks and supplies, but they really did have stuff they were giving away at it and examples and were willing to help. Definitely worth going to.

I had no idea about these scrapbooks and kits! This makes my scrappy little heart VERY happy :D Since I think my honey is going to make this a VERY special (ahem, sparkly) occasion, a scrapbook to commemorate the cruise will be a wonderful souvenir!

Thanks!

I had no idea about these scrapbooks and kits! This makes my scrappy little heart VERY happy :D Since I think my honey is going to make this a VERY special (ahem, sparkly) occasion, a scrapbook to commemorate the cruise will be a wonderful souvenir!

Thanks!

The first three pictures show one of the scrapbooks and papers that I got onboard our first cruise...

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/debra919/Liberty%20Scrapbook/?albumview=slideshow

You don't have to watch the whole thing, but it gives you a snippet of one of the albums out there. :)

The first three pictures show one of the scrapbooks and papers that I got onboard our first cruise...

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/debra919/Liberty%20Scrapbook/?albumview=slideshow

You don't have to watch the whole thing, but it gives you a snippet of one of the albums out there. :)

Debra, thank you! What a beautiful job you did on that book! Now it's just one more reason to be excited. Better learn how to use the new Cricut over the next several months.

Debra, thank you! What a beautiful job you did on that book! Now it's just one more reason to be excited. Better learn how to use the new Cricut over the next several months.

:) There is a scrapbooking thread that you might like, too...

I got myself a Silhouette cutter and LOOOOVE IT... I'm scrapping our Carnival Inspiration cruise right now... gotta get it done before our cruise in September--which I will scrap that one after I get home!

Missy, I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland; what part of Virginia do you occupy (unless that's Danny :))

:) There is a scrapbooking thread that you might like, too...

I got myself a Silhouette cutter and LOOOOVE IT... I'm scrapping our Carnival Inspiration cruise right now... gotta get it done before our cruise in September--which I will scrap that one after I get home!

Missy, I live on the Eastern Shore of Maryland; what part of Virginia do you occupy (unless that's Danny :))

Off to find the scrapbooking thread.

begin off topic mushylovestory:

Danny and I both grew up in Stafford VA (Fredericksburg area). I live in Minnesota now. He was my best friend, dance partner, concert buddy, all around good pal in high school. Then I moved to MN, got married, had a son, and got divorced over an 11 year period. Danny found me on Facebook five months ago (after eleven years elapsed since the last time we saw each other) and the rest, as they say, is history. It is now as it always should have been, and I can't wait for the rest ouf our lives together. /endmushylovestory

My parents had a place on the Coastal Potomac, Kinsale, VA. Virginia will always be my home, no matter where I actually live.

Debra, thanks for the link to your album! Love it!

I have five of the albums for each of our cruises. I love looking at them on the shelf and know that's all my Carnival trips. I hope they don't ever change the album. I'm on a mission to have one for every ship.:D

Thank you so much for posting the link. I was undecided about whether or not to purchase the scrapbook onboard the ship, but now I definitely want it! I usually like to start work on the scrapbook before we even cruise but I hadn't found one I liked yet. I love that Carnival has these awesome scrapbooks.

Thanks for all the great ideas-looking forward to our first Carnival cruise and so happy to hear that I can get supplies on the ship. Debra thank you so much for sharing your album- it is beautiful... and inspiring :)

In looking more closely at the full slideshow, I LOVE the page that you did of sunrise/sunset...that is beautiful! I will be using that idea. I bookmarked your slideshow so that i can go back to it easily later on.

Thanks so much for the kind words--I will share my next one (from November 09) when I get it done. I might get the same one again for our next cruise in September--I love it (and I love the idea of having all of them with the different ship's picture on the front!)

I love scrapbookers... they are the best bunch-a peeps I ever run across!

Thanks for all the great ideas-looking forward to our first Carnival cruise and so happy to hear that I can get supplies on the ship. Debra thank you so much for sharing your album- it is beautiful... and inspiring :)

You are going to have SOOOOOOOOO much fun! We just love Carnival. Just remember, I haven't ever seen the scrapbooking stuff in the Photo Gallery on the first day or so. Just give it time and you will see so much stuff. They have mini albums, too...

Every cruise I find something different--I buy one of everything. Eventually I will use it. The only "kit" I don't think I will ever use is the one with all the gambling stuff that I bought.

Archived