RCL Explorer vs Carnival Miracle

Looking to book at cruise for my entire family for June 2011....we are down to two Carnival Miracle out of NYC or RCL Explorer of the Seas out of Bayonne....both 8-9 days long into caribbean...which one would you recommend for my family of six (kids 10-18) Our only experience is the Pride out of Baltimore June 2009.(we had a great time on that) thanks so much for input.........jen

I have been on both. I can categorically say that the Explorer is much better. Pools are better, everything is bigger and more spacious.... even an adult only area on the pool deck...priceless. We felt that when we went from Explorer to Miracle, it felt like we were going a step lower in luxury. etc.

Going on Explorer again to Bermuda this August.

While the Spirit class of Carnival is the only Carnival class ship that I would ever cruise again, the Voyager class blows the Spirit class away. Overall for me the ship is one of the most important decisions and hands down the Explorer is a better ship.

I also really like Carnival. But...I think with kids those ages, you would all have a blast on the Explorer. They have the rock climbing wall, ice skating, mini golf rink, full basketball court, inline skating. Even if the kids didn't want to do the scheduled activities with their age groups, they would have a lot to keep them busy.

We are booked on the 9 nighter over Thanksgiving. Can't wait!

Have a great time whatever you choose.!

It will probably come down to price. Both are fine ships. You won't be bored on either.

But if the price was the same, I would go on the Explorer.

The food is better on Carnival.

The FUN is found on Carnival.

The pools are better on the Explorer

Archived