Help!! What to do in Aruba??

cruisingbajan

It has been a few years, but we rented a jeep from a company right off the pier. We got a map and drove ourselves all over the place. The price was reasonable and we might do that again. You can find interesting information and maps on the Web. You can check it out and then decide whether you want to drive yourself. A lot will depend on whether there are other ships there when you are. It does get to be a bit hectic when three ships are tied up.

Jim

If you check my location you maybe able to understand a bit better why no beach.;):)

I have been exposed to the whole sun/sea and sand bit all my life. Its pretty much same old...same old to me.:( I love the beach just not while I am on vacation:D

ahhh, i understand now. Been to Barbados--beautiful But wait til you see Aruba.

• 3 weeks later...
ABC tours has now contracted with Carnival. So if you are there the same day as a carnival ship, they won't take you on a tour unless you book it through Carnival. :(

Very true....we had received confirmed reservations from ABC....then they emailed us wanting hotel or cruise ship info.....the beginning of our troubles. It took a while, got several emails telling us that our confirmation was not valid and they would be emailing new confirmation. Finally got an email that said that we needed to book directly through Carnival...............it is more money of course and not the exact same tour.....Carnival tweaked the Jeep tour, charged more and it goes to less sites. UUGGGHHH

Very true....we had received confirmed reservations from ABC....then they emailed us wanting hotel or cruise ship info.....the beginning of our troubles. It took a while, got several emails telling us that our confirmation was not valid and they would be emailing new confirmation. Finally got an email that said that we needed to book directly through Carnival...............it is more money of course and not the exact same tour.....Carnival tweaked the Jeep tour, charged more and it goes to less sites. UUGGGHHH

Then I suggest a cab ride as soon as the ship docks--- and get yourself to the nearest hotel and have them pick you up there. Wait for them outside the place

I doubt that just showing up at a hotel to catch a jeep tour will work. We had to pre-book our jeep tour when we were staying in a hotel in Aruba. They only have a limited amount of jeeps in each tour. Also, they picked us up around 8:00 in the morning. Try DePalm tours for the jeep tour. That's who we used. We did a 1/2 day tour with baby beach and it was great. You can find the info on their website.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on recommendations here, we booked with Bully. (bullytaxi79@hotmail.com) We're doing a 3 hour tour that covers California Lighthouse, Alto Vista Chapel, Hill view of Aruba, Oldest Cactus, Casibari rock formations, Bushiribana gold mine, former Natural Bridge, and the Donkey Sanctuary instead of the beach. After the tour he's going to drop us off in Oranjestad for shopping/sightseeing on our own.

Based on recommendations here, we booked with Bully. (bullytaxi79@hotmail.com) We're doing a 3 hour tour that covers California Lighthouse, Alto Vista Chapel, Hill view of Aruba, Oldest Cactus, Casibari rock formations, Bushiribana gold mine, former Natural Bridge, and the Donkey Sanctuary instead of the beach. After the tour he's going to drop us off in Oranjestad for shopping/sightseeing on our own.

This sounds very interesting. I would definitely do this.

Not wanting to be rude( if you think I am just say so;):D) but how much is Bully charging for this tour?

Is it just you guys or are there other people as well?

Thanks

Questions on Bully Tours in Aruba??

Bully is excellent. You can ask him to customize a tour for you or give him carte blanche on seeing all the island's highlights. He is a well spoken native born Aruban.Private taxi tours are $45 per hour http://www.arubabound.com/transp/taxi_faresb.htm and that is not per person. That is per ride for up to a maximum of 5 people.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived