bigger passenger

closure

I hate the seats being tipped back on planes also! I am a large person, but even if I wasn't, I don't think airline seats should be able to recline. There is so little space as it is, that the recline position should no longer be an option on planes. It does not go back far enough to really make any difference in someone's comfort who is in the reclining seat, and really makes those behind it so uncomfortable!

I have arthritis in my neck and I suffer sever discomfort if my head is pushed forward. Headrests on most planes do push my head forward and the only way I can avoid pain is to recline my seat slightly. I'm sorry if that inconveniences you, but I have to do it.

There is no way that I could fly if I could not recline my seat.

I have arthritis in my neck and I suffer sever discomfort if my head is pushed forward. Headrests on most planes do push my head forward and the only way I can avoid pain is to recline my seat slightly. I'm sorry if that inconveniences you, but I have to do it.

There is no way that I could fly if I could not recline my seat.

I can certainly appreciate that. I think that most of the issues is not those persons who "slightly" recline their seats, but those who slam the seat back just as far as it can go (often without warning or consideration for the person sitting behind them). Be kind and considerate and I'm sure that no one would hold it against you :)

Celle, I appreciate your sharing this with us. It give me a different perspective. I never thought of anything like that. I need to lean slightly forward to take pressure off my rib cage and lungs to breath better. "One man's meat is another man"s poison" but I can switch seats with my daughter.

ungh. just got an email from the place online where i buy most of my clothes. They're all out of swimsuits in my size. bummer!

Does anyone buy clothes online? any recommended sites? I still have 3 months to track down a swimsuit or two, but it's already well into the season and lots of supply will be gone :(

ungh. just got an email from the place online where i buy most of my clothes. They're all out of swimsuits in my size. bummer!

Does anyone buy clothes online? any recommended sites? I still have 3 months to track down a swimsuit or two, but it's already well into the season and lots of supply will be gone :(

Bummer! That's the pits!

Last year I ordered my suits from http://www.onestopplus.com They are a consolidation of the usual suspects (Chadwicks, Romans, Woman Within, etc). Also, last year catherines.com has some cute suits.

Good luck!

Tangerine

thanks! I went to that onestopplus and looked around. (btw, what's with skinny models modelling plus size clothing??) i also found loveyourpeaches. I've emails peaches for her international shipping prices.

thanks! I went to that onestopplus and looked around. (btw, what's with skinny models modelling plus size clothing??) i also found loveyourpeaches. I've emails peaches for her international shipping prices.
I've had great success with going to http://www.attitudesplus.com - We Be Bop clothing, very pretty & comfortable. Good luck. Edited by Big.Sis

Bummer! That's the pits!

Last year I ordered my suits from www.onestopplus.com They are a consolidation of the usual suspects (Chadwicks, Romans, Woman Within, etc). Also, last year catherines.com has some cute suits.

Good luck!

Tangerine

Also ... I usually make a quick stop at www.bcoutlet.com before going to onestop ... it is the "outlet" for Brylane.

Happy hunting!

Another option to check out : http://www.junonia.com/departments.htm?tl=4&ldid=2

The best place online for plus-size swimsuits is http://www.junonia.com. You can also find them at http://www.makingitbig.com. The ones at http://www.loveyourpeaches.com are adorable, but not as supportive as some others are.

You can usually get an online coupon code to use at onestopplus.com. Codes for womanwithin.com and roamans.com work for clothing at onestopplus.com too. If you search online you should find a number of sites that list coupon codes.

I used one for 40% off on a nice beaded top for formal night on my next Alaska cruise.

The best place online for plus-size swimsuits is http://www.junonia.com. You can also find them at http://www.makingitbig.com. The ones at http://www.loveyourpeaches.com are adorable, but not as supportive as some others are.

THanks everyone for your advice. This is great info for anyone reading this thread. Will visit the links y'all have posted.

I agree that loveyourpeaches wouldn't be as supportive as they don't have a shelf bra. THat worries me as i'm already tripping over mine lol. I've contacted makingitbig and i think i'm going to buy their swimsuit with swimskirt in the maroon colour. since shipping costs an arm and a leg to get to Canada, I want to throw something else in to make it worthwhile but i can't decide what i want!

I'm going to get some shorts and try a flowery swimsuit from peaches. I wonder if there are some ways to support the girls other than wearing a bra which would show the straps?

I know a few of your are Canadian and I was just at a Penningtons super store yesterday and they had a huge selection of bathing suits on 50% off ! I already have a couple but was tempted !! Have any of your bought and or worn the two piece with short like bottoms and tops...do the tops slide up ? That way I could really say I own a two piece bathing suit..lol.

Found some other great buys as well, up to 70% off. Needless to say I was exhausted and sweating bullets by the end of my shopping spree...but oooooh it felt soooo good !

I know a few of your are Canadian and I was just at a Penningtons super store yesterday and they had a huge selection of bathing suits on 50% off !

The larger sizes at Penningtons always fly off the shelves. Unless I get there right when shipments arrive, I rarely can get anything there. Usually just underwear and bras and a blouse once in a while. I do really like their swimsuit patterns though. Maybe i'll stop in next time i'm in town and cross my fingers they still have my size. thanks.

We also purchased three seats. If your flight is not fully booked, you can get your money back for the third seat. Southwest is the most helpful-AirTran the least.

Only certain airlines will refund you your 3rd seat. I know AlaskaAir does but NWA doesn't.

This thread is great, with some great helpful suggestions for my DH who is a very large guy (350+). We have a couple of excursions planned, one being a snorkel boat to swim with stingrays in Grand Cayman. The cruise line excursion description does not state a weight restriction, nor does it state a weight restriction for a catamaran excursion.

Do any of you have any experience on either a snorkel or catamaran excursion?

This thread is great, with some great helpful suggestions for my DH who is a very large guy (350+). We have a couple of excursions planned, one being a snorkel boat to swim with stingrays in Grand Cayman. The cruise line excursion description does not state a weight restriction, nor does it state a weight restriction for a catamaran excursion.

I have snorkelled on an excursion Mexican Riveria...it was a sailing ship and managed, but it was sure difficult getting up onto the ship and for boarding for the trip and during our trip pre and post snorkelling.Not so sure I could do it now ! I am looking at a trip in Hawaii next spring with a company that uses catamaran with large steps in and out of the water. Depending on your guys athletic abilities he may not have the same issues. I now have +++ arthritis in a knee and may be post total knee by the time we cruise...so may or may not be able to consider. I am not aware of any weight restrictions on a catamaran. Have a great trip and hope all goes well with your snorkelling adventures. SOunds like a blast.

We went on a catamaran to swim with the stingrays and loved loved loved it! I was a little lighter then (50 lbs or so) but that was also 13 years ago for our honeymoon lol. THe catamaran held a lot of people, so your weight isn't going to affect the stability of the boat. The catamaran we used (it was a ship excursion on Carnival) had a stairway that dropped down at an angle into the ocean. It was held up by cables.

Getting in and out wasn't a problem, physically. The stairs were at an angle and the last couple steps were in the water so he could use his built in bouyancy to get onto the stairs. While the cables holding up the stairs held just fine, i was nervous as heck using the stairs just in case something broke. I figure though, if there are several people on the stairs at one time, that is definately equivalent or more than your own weight and if it held for them, it'll hold for you (or your hubby, in this case)

Stingray city was an amazing experience i will remember for the rest of my life. I had an unfortunate episode with a stingray, his mouth, my back and a minor freakout on my part, but in the end, i can laugh about it now. Enjoy yourselves :)

Thanks for your help. Unless I can find any word about weight restrictions, I may book it. As one being nautically challenged, what else can you tell me about the catamarans used for the snorkeling tours to stingray city, etc.? Is there adequate seating available for those who don't want to sit or lie on deck? I've seen photos and videos of the steps up the back from the water, and I don't think it will be a problem. But I haven't been able to find anything on the boat itself. Anyone?

i think it'll all depend on the catamaran. THe one we took to stingray city, we were in the sun on the side of the boat near the front. we got COOKED!

the catamaran we took on our next cruise in St. Kitts (over to Nevis), they had bench seating around the perimeter but there was a good amount of seating to be found in the shade.

both times, the stairs were situated between the two pontoons at the front of the catamaran. But i have seen some, where it's just angled stairs off the back. TBH, i don't know what your particular catamaran will be like.