RUMOR Oasis being considered for EUROPE!

I know that Europe is growing at double digits while the US is flat but I don't see this happening anytime soon. The article mentions the reason why. No infrastructure to handle the ship and RCI's agreement with Pt. Everglades to bring a certain number of passengers through the port each year. They need both Oasis class ships to do this.

Besides the infrastructural and contractual reasons for her not to be going to Europe what about the ship itself. I've never sailed in Europe but it seems like the seas are rougher than the caribbean. The Aqua Theater is incredibly finicky when it comes to waves causing the shows to be canceled. If she is having trouble in the caribbean I can't imagine her working in the Mediterranean.

Are there enough ports with sufficiently large docks for Oasis on European itineraries?

No!

I know that Europe is growing at double digits while the US is flat but I don't see this happening anytime soon. The article mentions the reason why. No infrastructure to handle the ship and RCI's agreement with Pt. Everglades to bring a certain number of passengers through the port each year. They need both Oasis class ships to do this.

Exactly!

And I do have my doubts too that the AquaTheater and the Central Park would really do well in Europe maybe except for the Med in summer.

steamboats

This "rumor" seems to be spreading fast. Both USA Today and Cruise Industry News both have stories posted on it now.

Really. I bet RC is loving this. Great publicity for free and it may lead to more bookings for fear that she is going to Europe.

I pretty much doubt it will happen anytime soon, but I believe it could happen in the future.

Remember RCI said that the Voyager class would never leave FL and look at today. Is there even a single Voyager class in FL full time?

I pretty much doubt it will happen anytime soon, but I believe it could happen in the future.

Remember RCI said that the Voyager class would never leave FL and look at today. Is there even a single Voyager class in FL full time?

And when the Navigator leaves for Europe in 2011, she won't be coming back. She is staying in Europe full time.

That means there will be no Voyager class ships in Florida period! Not even one seasonal.

Archived