Silver Shadow Photo Tour

Atomica

Hi Everyone,

I had the opportunity to visit and photograph Silver Shadow when she was docked here in Vancouver yesterday, and I've posted the first part of the tour on my blog at:

http://fromthedeckchair.blogspot.com/

I was very impressed with the ship. It was bright and tremendously spacious, and it's not hard to see why Silversea has garnered such a following for itself. As someone who has always wanted to sail with a luxury line, but wasn't sure whether the ship would boast all the amenities I've come to enjoy on larger ships, I'm happy to say any doubts I may have had were erased.

If anyone has any specific questions about the ship, I'll do my best to answer.

Part 2 will follow on Sunday.

Hi Everyone, I had the opportunity to visit and photograph Silver Shadow when she was docked here in Vancouver yesterday, and I've posted the first part of the tour on my blog at:

http://fromthedeckchair.blogspot.com/

I was very impressed with the ship. It was bright and tremendously spacious, and it's not hard to see why Silversea has garnered such a following for itself. As someone who has always wanted to sail with a luxury line, but wasn't sure whether the ship would boast all the amenities I've come to enjoy on larger ships, I'm happy to say any doubts I may have had were erased. If anyone has any specific questions about the ship, I'll do my best to answer. Part 2 will follow on Sunday.

Very nice lay-out of pictures and details. I like how you have this blog set-up done. Keep up the great work. THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Thank you both for the very nice comments! I'm glad you enjoyed the article. The second part of the photo-tour is now up.

Appreciate your second posting. I especially liked your photo on the Champagne quote and your comments: "At one end, famous quotes relating to wine and champagne are etched into glass panels and illuminated with carefully hidden lighting. Not only is this visually appealing, but it succeeds in helping the room feel larger than it is."

Great work!! THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Terry In Ohio - Thanks for the kind words - I'm glad you enjoyed the second part of the article along with the description of the great glass etchings in Le Champagne!

Anne - Glad you enjoyed the article and photos. The Japan to Alaska itinerary next spring looks tremendous, and doing a nice long voyage like that on the Shadow would be heavenly! If you do decide to do it, I've no doubt you'd enjoy it. Glad the article and photos could be of some help!

We had just disembarked in Vancouver when you came onboard for your tour. It was a wonderful voyage. We will have some pictures to post in a day or so. Suites are wonderfully spacious. The observation lounge was well used because of the nature of the itenerary--no better place to view the glaciers and fjiords.

Wow! That pictorial makes the ship look much larger than I had imagined! Very nice!

Pamfj is right - it really is that large!

When you see the ship at the pier, it looks very unassuming, very understated. When you step onboard, it's almost surprising to find the amount of public rooms and large open spaces. I've been on mainstream ships similar in size that didn't offer nearly as much.

Atomica, enjoyed both parts of your blog entry for the Silver Shadow. This is my favorite of all ships.

It is a shame that you were not able to get pictures of the suites. The veranda suites are perfectly laid out, and the Silver Suites are to die over. The layout of the Silver Suites is as perfect as it could be - pure genius.

The layout of the Silver Suites is as perfect as it could be - pure genius.

Glad to hear that Charlie ! We are thinking of going on the Shadow next May in a silver suite - Japan to Alaska.

Ann

Atomica, enjoyed both parts of your blog entry for the Silver Shadow. This is my favorite of all ships.

It is a shame that you were not able to get pictures of the suites. The veranda suites are perfectly laid out, and the Silver Suites are to die over. The layout of the Silver Suites is as perfect as it could be - pure genius.

Thanks cechase!

Getting photos of the suites is something I'd really like to do in a future tour - I was hoping to photograph them on this one, but it just didn't work out that way.

Like you, everyone I've talked to has said they're spectacular! I'm hoping to be able to try them out for myself on a voyage in the not-so-distant future.

Archived