Braemar - Superior Suite Peferences

Mark_T

We have stayed in two of the original Superior Suits and found them to be very different to each other. SS 7002 at the front of the ship is long and relatively narrow with a short balcony. It also has a seperate bedroom. The second suite was built round the pool and is probably SS 7046 on todays deck plan. This suite was quite spacious but was dissapointing in that part of the balcony area was monopolised by a large box that housed some sort of equipment. The other dissapointment with these two suites was the tiny bathrooms. We occupied SS 7002 after the ships refit and were dissapointed that the bathroom had not been upgraded or made bigger. While on our last Braemar cruise we had the opportunity to inspect one of the new superior suites and have opted for one of these on our next two cruises. When booking a superior suite I would suggest you ask if it is one of the new suites and if not has the bathroom been enlarged.

We were in 7038 one of the new suites in the stretched portion. The suite itself was very nice but all the suites on deck 7 suffer from the massive overhang of deck 8 leaving the cabins in the shade unless the sun is very low in the sky.

Obviously it depends on where you were going to travel but I would be wary about travelling in one again.

Thanks for the input.

Fortunately not worried about being in the shade so it sounds like one of the new suites would be the best bet.

when are you travelling, we would be interested to hear your views on the ss you end up in. We are booked in 7029 next March, the pictures looked good when we were shown at booking. We tried a balcony suite 7007 this year and did't find the overhang too much of a problem.

I think you'll get a chance to update us rather than the other way around as we are not travelling until 2012.

I think from memory we are in 7031. We picked that over 7029 for no special reason but without the beneift of specific pictures the slight width restriction near the entrance to 7029 nudged us towards 7031.

We look forward to hearing how you enjoy the suite.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone have any preferences between the Superior Suites?

Any that should be avoided for any reason?

Thanks for any replies.

We have just returned today from the Braemar Baltic cruise and stayed in 7032 one of the new suits and have been highly delighted with it. I was invited to inspect 7027, also a new suite, which has a diferent layout and would have been happy to have had that suites. Both suites had the same bathroom layouts and ample wardrobe and drawer space. They also had large balconies.

Regards,

Pugwash123

• 1 month later...

We are booked in 7030 for our cruise in the Caribbean on the 29th March and really looking forward to it (other half is 50 in May so I have upgraded us to one of these suites (he thinks he is paying for an inside one). I was a bit unsure of the overhang but will hopefully be able to sit on the balcony in the evening and have a drink whilst watching the sunset. Hopefully we will be ashore for most of the day anyway (OH has booked the flagship golf package). The first time we went on the Braemar was in 2007 before the refit and we had a balcony suite (7012) which was very disappointing - very limited storage space and was very narrow and certainly wouldn't book that grade again. Anyone had 7030 as this is the one on one of the websites featuring Braemar when agents were invited to view the refit?

• 3 weeks later...
7027 on Braemar interests me for a December cruise next year. The deck plan suggests it is a much larger cabin but has some sort of obstruction, duct or even stairway toward the rear of the suite. Does anybody know what this is?

Balloon Man,

On our latest cruise I had the opportunity to view this suite, the obstruction is the mid ship stair well. The suite is quite large with a large balcony. The occupiers told me they always choose this suite for its quiet location. I personaly would have no problems booking this suite and would probably choose it over the suite we have booked for our next cruise.

Regards,

Pugwash123

Archived