Please help spend my $

Biffer1997

I am pretty decided on taking a Christmas time cruise (leaving the weekend before).

I have selected 4 finalist and would LOVE some fellow cruise junkies opinions on:

1. 8 day West Car. on Carnival Freedom going to Coz, Costa Rica (Limon), and Panama (Colon)

2. 7 day Southern Car. on Victory -6 ports

3. 7 day Eastern on Triumph going to 2 Bahamas, and Key West

4. 5 day Eastern on Dream going to Grand Turk and Nassau

I'm looking at interior cabins for most to save $ but the Dream cost the same for a cove balcony as some of the others for an interior. I have a FCC to use, so I will get $100 "off" (as I think of it), but would hate to lose some of my OBC for less than a 7 day.

I am leaning towards Dream and Freedom (wth Victory) a close 3rd but like the price of the Triumph if it is worth it.

My musts are Your Time Dining and a place to purchase a FCC (so I can use it on the cruise I am planning for next summer). I would also prefer a hot tub in the spa area (which I will not pay extra for on the Dream).

Thanks!

I am pretty decided on taking a Christmas time cruise (leaving the weekend before).

I have selected 4 finalist and would LOVE some fellow cruise junkies opinions on:

1. 8 day West Car. on Carnival Freedom going to Coz, Costa Rica (Limon), and Panama (Colon)

I'm looking at interior cabins for most to save $ but the Dream cost the same for a cove balcony as some of the others for an interior. I have a FCC to use, so I will get $100 "off" (as I think of it), but would hate to lose some of my OBC for less than a 7 day.

I am leaning towards Dream and Freedom (wth Victory) a close 3rd but like the price of the Triumph if it is worth it.

My musts are Your Time Dining and a place to purchase a FCC (so I can use it on the cruise I am planning for next summer). I would also prefer a hot tub in the spa area (which I will not pay extra for on the Dream).

Thanks!

FREEDOM ;) Victory is lovely ship a close second, I beleve she's still parked in San Juan.

Thanks!

Love the Victory for the ports! If you are looking at the ship itself, it is good but I can't compare to the others. :cool: We are going on the Victory again we loved the itinterary so much.

I would pick Victory. I will not go on a cruise with 3 sea days. I would much rather be in port exploring. I am so excited for my Victory cruise in 3 weeks! For me, my cruises are about the itinerary not so much the ship.

the Triumph one of course--that's the cruise I'm booked on ;)

seriously...unless you really dislike sea days, I would not go with the 6-port Victory cruise

also, I would prefer the 7-day over the 5-day

the 8-day one would be my second choice, although I am not a big fan of Cozumel

Ok so now reality has set in and I realized that even though the cruise rates are affordable, the airfair is NOT! Living in wonderous land locked Ohio, car travel is not realistic in December, nor do I like to drive, and would take 3 days to drive backroads to get there. With enough lead time, Greyhound or Amtrak may be possible. (a note, I cannot leave until afternoon on Dec. 17 since school does not let out until that day. I have unlimited time coming back, don't start back until Jan 3rd. )

So, if I am still going with this plan, I have to eliminate all the above but the Dream 5 day and brought back the Fascination 5 day out of Jacksonville. Not crazy about a 5 day but I plan on taking a 7 day next summer, so this will appease me until then.

Anyone been on Fascination lately? What is it like?

I have always wanted to go to Key West, so even though I would like to try out Dream, Key West may win out.

Thanks!

Do any of the Carnival ships still have whirlpools in the spa? I thought that they had removed them from all of the Conquest class ships.

Thanks!

Either the freedom or victory. Depends on price and airfare but those are both decent itins. That southern carrib itin is port heavy but thats the way we like it, tons of fun.

Ok so now reality has set in and I realized that even though the cruise rates are affordable, the airfair is NOT! Living in wonderous land locked Ohio, car travel is not realistic in December, nor do I like to drive, and would take 3 days to drive backroads to get there. With enough lead time, Greyhound or Amtrak may be possible. (a note, I cannot leave until afternoon on Dec. 17 since school does not let out until that day. I have unlimited time coming back, don't start back until Jan 3rd. )

So, if I am still going with this plan, I have to eliminate all the above but the Dream 5 day and brought back the Fascination 5 day out of Jacksonville. Not crazy about a 5 day but I plan on taking a 7 day next summer, so this will appease me until then.

Anyone been on Fascination lately? What is it like?

I have always wanted to go to Key West, so even though I would like to try out Dream, Key West may win out.

Don't know where in Ohio you live but I can drive from eastern OH to Mobile, AL in 16 hours, it is 2 hours from Mobile to New Orleans. Since you don't like to drive you would probably take longer, so add another 3 hours for a total of 21 hours to NO. You can easily do that, and once south of Cincinnati the weather shouldn't be too bad. It is a very easy drive, I've done it myself 4 times, you have to pay close attention to the signs when driving through Nashville and don't hit Cincinnati at rush hour, other than that it is a piece of cake. It would probably take that long to drive to Port Canaveral. If you have someone who can share the driving it is even easier.

Seven days is better than 5 days.

Do any of the Carnival ships still have whirlpools in the spa? I thought that they had removed them from all of the Conquest class ships.

The Legend had one in the spa two weeks ago. That is a bummer! That is one of the best kept secrets about the cruise ships!

Archived