Another Pride Review from a Different Perspective

A few more interior pictures:

An ordinary cabin hallway (this was our's on deck 5):

4811236614_78740aff84_z.jpg

Each deck has its own color scheme, making it easy to find your way around. You can barely see deck 5's yellow ceiling above.

An ordinary stairwell:

4814432874_7c002c9862_z.jpg

Just a note: the stairwell clocks are NOT in time with one another. By the end of the week I was used to seeing a difference of up to 5 minutes from one deck to the next.

GREAT review, ChampionCruiser!! We are taking our first cruise (ever) on the Pride, sailing on 9/26 to GT, HMC, and Freeport. Your pictures and commentary have kept my attention for several weeks now! I feel like I already know the ship, and I know that when we board her, I'm going to see rooms and places that I recognize. Your pictures of the sea and the islands are stunning. Thanks for your time and thoughtfulness to share your experiences with us. We look forward to your next review!

And my favorite, this cute little lighthouse. It reminds me of my favorite children’s book, The Little Red Lighthouse :D

4756284896_6aa17212af.jpg

The Little Red Lighthouse was also my favorite - especially once I actually got to see the real thing in NYC (when I was still a little kid). Fantastic.

Okay, i'm officially at the home stretch! Just a few more pictures and blabbering and I will be satisfied with my review.

OUT ON DECK

Like before, i'll post a few pictures of the lido/deck areas of the Pride. The only difference with these is that most ARE taken early in the morning (on the early port days, of course) because it would be IMPOSSIBLE to find an empty pool area during the day.

First, i'll start with the pools.

It might sound like I didn't like the Glory, but I really did. Still, like the dining room, I like the layout of the Spirit class lido deck more than the larger classes. I think the stadium seating of those classes make the pool area feel much more crowded and more difficult to get around.

The Venus Pool:

This is the pool beside the lido stage, where music is played and competitions are held, meaning that it is almost always the most crowded (and therefore the one I never swam in).

4810686623_74dcb3fc99_z.jpg

The Apollo Pool:

4811286306_9dc9656259_z.jpg

4811313024_71a8f05d34_z.jpg

You can barely see the two ping pong tables in the background. All ping pong balls/ rackets, putt putt balls/clubs, basketballs, and towels can be rented at a station near the Venus pool.

4810671823_e991a591e1_z.jpg

Here's a picture of the Apollo pool, facing aft:

4811303358_44722bae0e_z.jpg

While I don't have any pictures, the aft adult pool is smaller than the two main pools but MUCH quieter!

Jogging Track and Putt Putt

I meant to get better pictures of the putt putt course but never remembered. My sister and I played once and it was fun (the wind effect at the top of a cruise ship always makes it more interesting) but we preferred ping pong and swimming. It didn't help that the area was closed on two days due to the wind.

4811308274_b9224e43a0_z.jpg

The Twister Slide

Another reminder:

4811185666_20b7e7c522_z.jpg

Exterior Promenade

This is the not quite wrap-around promenade, which is the best place to stroll, imho.

4811284774_77c0dbabfd_z.jpg

4811290626_7b0b545886_z.jpg

This is the forward lido area. As you can see, there is plenty of open space here.

4810675939_856ebac9da_z.jpg

And finally, the best deck area of all: OUR BALCONY!!

4811258930_a2082675c4_z.jpg

Okay, it has finally come: the end of my review :(. After 24 days, 184 posts, and 216 pictures, i'm done! (Even though I would still love to discuss or answer any questions I can).

If you haven't been able to tell, I LOVED my cruise on the Carnival Pride. This cruise was definitely one of the top two so far and I can't wait to sail on Carnival again (and again and again). I am officially a Spirit class fan now and would love to try the Pride's sisters as well as similar ships from other lines (RCCL's Radiance class, Princess' Coral/Island, etc.).

I have to give a huge thank you to the Pride's crew (because it's not just the ship that makes a cruise so awesome) and Carnival for making this trip so memorable and (one more time) to all of you for following this review over the past month.

I can't wait to write another review either and can't wait to read some of yours!!

Until then,

-Justin.

HAPPY CRUISING!!!

4811287744_261fd90211_z.jpg

Justin, I was the first poster to your thread and welcomed a new perspective. You have done an amazing review, wonderful pictures,great attitude toward not only cruising but also about life if general. It was always a pleasure to come home from 12 hour shifts as a nurse and have you make me feel I was on the cruise. Well done and will look for your next one! :D

Thanks for such a great review! I've been on the Pride once before from Baltimore, and you did such a great job capturing the qualities that make the Pride one of my favorite ships too. I'm leaving in 9 days for another Pride trip, this time with my 2 sons, ages 10 and 13. This will be their frist cruise, and I can't wait to see it all through their eyes.

If you want to sail the same ship class but with another line, you will love the Costa Atlantica. Fabulous! We sailed the Atlantica when she was brand new. We have also sailed the Pride to Mexico and now are sailing the Legend in January and the Spirit to Alaska in July 2011. This is a terrific class of ship! And son, you wrote one heck of a nice review!

Your review has been one of my all time favorites, and I'm sorry to see it end. Thanks for sharing your perspective and your beautiful photos with us. I know you said that it must be the camera making the pictures look so good because all you do is point and click, but you have a natural eye for photo composition. Very well done.

Your review has been one of my all time favorites, and I'm sorry to see it end. Thanks for sharing your perspective and your beautiful photos with us. I know you said that it must be the camera making the pictures look so good because all you do is point and click, but you have a natural eye for photo composition. Very well done.

And I second that. :)

I cannot tell you how many smiles you brought to me. Your review was awesome as so many others expressed. Your writing was beautiful and photos outstanding!!! I have read many, many reviews over several years and I have to say, yours was by far the very best. You are "the exception to the rule", as far as your age group. Wish we could clone you!!!:)

What an excellent review. I am sailing on her in January and can't WAIT!!!!

One of the best pieces of information I pulled from your review was the price of parking... :D:D

Thank you for such a fantastic verbal voyage!

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with everyone else. This was the best review & your photographs are all lovely. Someone else said it, but you have a great eye.

Thanks for a great read.

(Now I really can't wait for my trip on the Pride in a couple months to Florida & The Bahamas & I definitely need to cruise to HMC & GT.)

• 2 weeks later...

I loved your review. THANK YOU for your Grand Turk info. I was thinking it was just a wasted stop from reading other reviews but your review enlightened me big time...can't wait to get some conch shells. :) I CAN NOT WAIT to get to HMC. :D

PS: TOTALLY understand about the BBQ thing being from eastern, nc myself (outer banks). It was neat to read about the Capt. announcing that you were passing Cape Hatteras. :)

GREAT REVIEW!!!!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived